“Nice hotel with fair prices and good amenities right next to airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This hotel is decent on the comfort, but better than average on the facilities.

Room was spacious and comfortable, bathroom a little better than most. Free wireless internet in the room worked well. A clock that I could see at night without being annoyingly bright was a nice touch.

There is a pool and hot tub, but I didn't use either.

The business center has free computers and free printing, much appreciated. You can also print from your laptop in your room.

This hotel is right across from the airport but hard to find if you have an older GPS because of street extensions (not the hotel's fault). If you use the actual address, an older GPS will route you are the "back way" (about 2-3 miles longer) because it is unaware that the road now goes through.

A very nice part was the 24-hour convenience center, which sells a small but useful variety of food and drink, including alcohol. Prices are convenience store, not "hotel" prices, which is nice. I arrived after the restaurant closed and picked up a sandwich and beer for about $12.

The small restaurant/bar stops serving food around 9-10pm, and there is nothing at all within walking distance, but a few restaurants within 1-2 miles. Breakfast was fine, they do a limited cooked-to-order breakfast with eggs, pancackes, etc.

One night, I treated our group to a round of beer and some snacks from the convenience center, and we sat by the fireplace drinking and chatting. The cost was about $25 for 5-6 of us, very reasonable for a hotel.

This is a good place to stay if you're flying in/out of Albany, especially with a later arrival or early departure. Otherwise, you can find more convenient locations. No issues with the hotel itself though.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Ideal location, spotless hotel, excellent fitness area. Staff was friendly and most accomodating, would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is great hotel - especially if flying out the next morning. Room was spotless, service was fast....they'll shuttle you to any local restaurant if you've already returned your rental car. Coffee pot in the room rather than those one cup things. And it seemed pretty quiet even next to the airport.

Room Tip: Six floors to this hotel - they have two elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spinpygora
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was better than average for a hotel at an airport. Clean, modern, and super friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was not included, but was good and fairly priced. The rooms were a little pricey, but about what you would expect since it was at the airport. Beds were very comfortable once we figured out that we could adjust the firmness. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

My wife, son and I stayed twice at this HGI, both coming and going from and to the Albany airport. It is quite conveneint, less than a 5 minute free shuttle ride from the airport. It is pretty much a standard HGI, no better nor worse...It has a small exercise room, as well as indoor pool. There is a business room with free internet for those who do not carry along their wireless. The staff is efficent and friendly. I did appreciate the 6:00 a.m. start for breakfast, as we had an early flight home...If you get the weekend rate, it is well worth the stay, but for during the week, I find it overpriced...Nevertheless, a solid hotel experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel and the lovely compliment about our staff. We know that there are many choices for hotels in the area and we appreciate that you have chosen ours twice. I hope that we will see you here again.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

The rooms have all be renovated and come with a refrigerator. The beds are very comfortable. I believe they are all sleep number beds. The indoor pool is a nice perk and there is some limited exercise equipment. If you don't have a car, there is a complimentary van that will take you to/from the airport and even to one of the local malls. The only downside is that the restaurant is only open during mealtimes and there are no other restaurant options in walking distance, so if you want to eat off-hours and you don't have a car, you're out of luck. Other than that it is always a pleasant stay. TIP: This hotel is much more comfortable than the nearby Desmond (a hotel sorely in need of renovation).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm glad you found our special "Garden Sleep System" beds so comfortable. It's great to be able to adjust the bed firmness to your preference. Although the restaurant is not open straight through the day, the shuttle service you mentioned can take you to any of the restaurants nearby if you do not have a car (or even if you do). We understand that our guests have varying schedules and hope that through our local shuttle service we can accommodate everyone's dining needs.

Thank you again for your review. We truly appreciate that out of all the hotels in the area you chose to stay with us and I'm glad that you had a great experience. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

This is an average HGI property was decent room, a recently renovated lobby area and an adequate fitness room.

The shortcoming for this property is its faulty billing system and a management team that refuses to correct it. When I found an error in my check-out bill, I brought it to the attention of the front desk. The gentleman at the desk agreed to correct it but when my credit card bill came back, it was still incorrect. When I called the hotel to discuss the error, I had to leave a message because the front desk lady could not help me with the mistake. However, the management team has not returned my phone calls.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Leadbelly98

Thank you for leaving your honest review of our property. I'm sorry that a glitch in our computer system caused a billing issue for you and we were not able to meet your needs right away. Again, I apologize that although we did receive your message and were looking into your request, we did not communicate that to you properly. We have addressed the issue internally.

We truly want to make every experience a positive one but, we're not always perfect and we do our best to correct it when we falter. I hope that through our recent communications you have seen this and come away with a more positive view of our management team and our staff.

I truly hope you will give us another chance to impress you on your next trip to Albany. It would be our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel again.