“rude front desk staff and lousy beds.......”

Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Ontario, Canada
“rude front desk staff and lousy beds.......”
Reviewed March 21, 2011

So my husband and I were driving to Boston and decided to stop in Albany for the night. We rolled up around midnight needing some rest before finishing the drive the next day.

I walked up to the front desk and asked the male staff if there were rooms availble. He said "this is a pretty expensive hotel you know"..............I was very insulted but tired, so we got a room anyway. Who says that?? I know we were not looking our best after our work day and a long drive but still.....

The bed was bad. It was one that you could adjust the firmess and my husband sank in the bed in the middle of the night.

Bad sleep and insulted......

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
I sincerely apologize for the poor experience. We have addressed your comments with the appropriate staff so that this will not happen again. We strive to create a positive, enjoyable experience for all our guests and I'm sorry that you were not treated with respect. I hope you will give us another chance to create the experience for you.

Cassie Cramer
Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hannibal, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Very nice all around. Was there for a soccer tournament - had to stay an additional night due to bad weather on the Thruway for trip home. Service was excellent - began at check-in and never stopped. Brandon at front desk was more than helpful and accommodating to any of our requests. Hotel was very full on our second night there but service was not impacted. Make sure to get the "bed & breakfast" package - hot breakfast made to order.

• Stayed February 2011
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your positive review. Providing wonderful service to our guests is our top priority and we love to hear about our guests having a great experience.

Booking the bed and breakfast package is a wonderful suggestions. It includes our hot, cooked to order breakfast each morning of your stay.

Thank you again and I hope will we see you on your next trip to Albany.

Cassie Cramer
Sales Manager
Kingston, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I recently stayed here as I was flying out the next morning at 7:30 a.m. The hotel has just undergone some renovations. The lobby was very pretty with all these little nooks and crannies that you could in. The bar area was also very nice although not enough seats at the bar itself. The bartender and cook were very attentive. I had my new Kindle with me and the cook was quite interested in it. Check in was a breeze. My room was huge and very clean. I would certainly stay here for more than one night if I needed to. I didn't use the pool or gym but there were at least 2 treadmills with tvs attached to them. I believe there were also free weights and a stair climber. I ordered room service - a burger and fries -- the burger was absolutely delicious and the fries were piping hot and nice and crispy.

My only complaint, and it happens in most airport hotels, is that you have people coming and going all night. It would be nice if these hotels would install pneumatic door closers so doors aren't slammed at every hour of the night. Also my room 128, was next to some kind of engine room and I could hear it all night. That didn't really bother me because I like white noise to sleep to but the door closing was bothersome.

All in all though a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sweetbaboo825
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed here for two nights on business in January. The room wasn't clean - found long hairs that weren't mine on the pillows upon entering the room.

Tried calling down, but could not get anyone to answer and the person who did answer did not seem phased by it.

It's near the airport, but so are other clean hotels with attentive staff.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
I sincerely apologize that you had a poor experience at our hotel. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously and I'm sorry that it was not up to your expectations. We will be addressing your comments with the staff. I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you on your next trip to Albany, NY.
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed January 17, 2011

My family and I have been here a few times now, and it's a great spot for vacationing in Saratoga Springs, it's about 30 minutes to the track but the price is great. We didn't spend lots of time at the hotel other than for sleeping, but it's extremely clean and comfortable. Desk/cleaning staff extremely helpful with anything you need. Pool and hot tub is a plus too. Many travelers were on business here, as it is across from the Albany airport. If you're looking for somewhere to stay to visit all the Albany/Saratoga area has to offer, this is a great starting point.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We had stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn several times but when we arrived Friday afternoon we were pleasantly surpirsed to see the renovated lobby and restaurant area.
When we got to the room, the room alos was renovated. It was comfortable and welcoming.
In addition to a nice pleasant place to spend a night, the staff was alll very helpful and went out of thier way to answer questions and provide information.
Tom Lennon

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
HGIAlbanyAir, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, Mr. Lennon. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon.
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The hotel was very clean and the staff was nice. I have stayed here a few times to visit family in the area and I always enjoy my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family