“Jekyll and Hyde”

Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Jekyll and Hyde”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

If you plan on staying here, insist on an interior room. The exterior room in the motel section (the cheaper ones) are disgusting. Holes in the walls, full of cigarette smoke smells, dark and dank. We "upgraded" to an interior room when we saw the exterior rooms for $20 extra a night. The upgraded room was perfectly fine. It was clean, well-maintained and even with the extra fee a bargain in the area.

The clerk who arrange the upgrade was professional and cared about our needs. The desk clerk when we checked out was the opposite. She spent 10 minutes on her cell phone talking to her son I believe. We had a question about directions and she was put off that we interrupted her. We ended up tossing out room keys on the counter. She never got off the phone to give us directions or a receipt.

The location is tough. A barrier blocks the entrance when trying to make a left turn from Central Avenue. You have to make a U-turn to enter the hotel. To get to the IHop that's 500 feet away you need to get onto I-87, drive two miles to the next exit, and circle back. It's literally a two-mile drive to get to anything on Central Avenue.

Room Tip: Make sure you demand an interior room. do not even bother with the motel type exterior rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Sent the following E-mail to the Guest:

June 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your June 13th TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding our Front Desk Staff person who arranged for your upgrade; and we apologize in behalf of the person who checked you out.

We were pleased to see that you enjoyed our upgraded interior room during your stay. Our exterior rooms have not yet been upgraded. However, that is not an excuse for the hole in the wall. We will have our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff check our exterior rooms for the room with the issues you mentioned. The exterior room may possibly have been a smoking room. All our upgraded interior rooms are non-smoking rooms.

We hope to see you again at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you have a trip in this area.

Director - Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of driving all we wanted to do was get to the inn and relax. When we arrived to the Inn my husband stood at the front desk for 10 minutes and watched the front desk agent talk in the phone and just ignore him. He came back out to tell me this and we discussed just going to a different hotel but since we booked online we would be charged anyway. We both went back in and stood for another 5 minutes watching the lady at the front desk talk on the phone. She obviously knew we were there since she was right behind the desk and obviously wasn't talking to a customer by the way she was talking. Once we finally got to the room we weren't too impressed but just needed a place to sleep. There was urine on the sides of the toilet and socks under the dressers with dust bunnies. The cleanliness was poor and we won't be staying again.

• Stayed April 2013
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I arrived, the night receptionist was more interested in talking to someone on the phone than checking me into the hotel. With a discount coupon this petite Queen cost me about $55 for one night. The bed, TV and heat were all comfortable, everything else was worn or somewhat dirty. More water came out of the tub nozzle than the shower nozzle even though it was set for a shower. Supposedly there was a continental breakfast but I had to leave before it started at 7AM. I might return, we'll see....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank G3G
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Sent the following E-mail to Guest G3G:

February 18, 2013

Dear Guest G3G:

Thank you for your February 14th TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I apologize that our Front Desk Attendant appeared inattentive when you checked in.

We appreciate your mentioning that the bed, TV and heat met your expectations. Our Maintenance Engineer has been instructed to check the shower heads to make sure they are operating correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry you did not have an opportunity to take advantage of our Continental Breakfast. My favorite breakfast food is our golden, malted waffle.

We hope to see you again at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. If you prefer a larger updated room, we have beautiful, newly renovated interior rooms.

If I can be of additional assistance, please contact me 518-785-6626, Ext. 174.

Cocca's Hotels / Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

On my way down to Philly, my boyfriend and I decided to stay in Albany for the night. We skimped out and got the $39 hotel room which I figured would be crappy but okay for what we needed. I wouldn't do it again. I'd definitely pay the extra $20-$30 and get place that was a better. The 'goods' were that it was dirt cheap, the rooms were warm, had a fridge and a tv, and the staff were nice. The 'bads' were that the mattress was HORRIBLE, the walls paper thin, and the fruit from the morning buffet were rotten.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 40Nugget
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I sent the following E-mail to 40Nugget:

February 4, 2013

Dear “40Nugget”:

In response to your February 1st TripAdvisor Review regarding your stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, we are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your complimentary comments regarding our staff, and mentioning that the room was warm. I am particularly pleased that you mentioned that your $39.00 room included in a TV, microwave and refrigerator, as usually amenities such as these do not include microwaves and refrigerators in the $39.00 to $45.00.rate range. We also offer free high speed Internet, in addition to the computer in the lobby.

It would be very helpful if you would let me know what room you were in order to address the issue with the “bad” mattress as we would like to replace it as soon as possible. My contact information is: 518-785-6626, Ext. 174 or mar@coccas.com.

I have cautioned our Breakfast Attendant to exam the fruit more carefully before she sets up the breakfast area.

We sincerely hope you will reconsider and stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you are in our area. We assure you that the issue you experienced was an “EXCEPTION” and not the “RULE”.
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

the motel looks nice when u first arrive and at first glance so does the room. however after a closer look we found hairs in the bathroom, loads of dust and tabacco on the floor! worst of all in the morning when we tried to turn on the air conditioning either dust or ash flew at my boyfriend and nearly made him choke. it made the room stink of smoke which is annoying when its a non smoking room!! when we told the miserable woman at the front desk she didn't even apologise! how rude!!!

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank beccy113456
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
On November 14, 2012, I E-mailed the guest the following message:

November 14, 2012

Dear beccy113456:

In response to your November 13th TripAdvisor Review regarding your stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, we are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and our standards.

We appreciate your feedback and will most certainly investigate the housekeeping issue. Apparently, someone was smoking in our NON-smoking room. It would be very helpful if you would let me know what room you were in order to address the issue with the Housekeeper that was assigned to cleaning the room. My contact information is: 518-785-6626, Ext. 174 or mar@coccas.com.

We sincerely hope you will stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you are in our area. We assure you that the issue you experienced was an “EXCEPTION” and not the “RULE”. I am confident that you will find a significant difference in the cleanliness of your room during your next stay.

Cocca's Hotels / Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport
mar@coccas.com
518-785-6626, Ext. 174
Grand Island, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently (Sept. 2012) stayed at Cocca's Inn & Suites on Wolf Rd. The people at the front desk were nice although some of the prices they gave us did not match up to the Coupon Book walk-in rate and it was a Tuesday so it wasn't that it was a peak day rate problem. The room we got was mediocre at best and was in the outside motel part. The bathroom was tiny and was dirty (hair on the wall, dirt along the ledge) and the toilet was not flushing properly. After getting in really late and getting settled with our infant, my husband and I got into bed and immediately rolled in towards the middle because the bed was broken. We went to the front desk and they gave us a new room in which the bed was fine, but nothing like moving rooms with a 2 month old in at 1 AM. The rooms were cold and the bedding sets looked like they came from some discount seconds store and were already frayed and ripped. The room was very cold. We did see them fixing the bed in our first room in the morning, or at least making the appearance that they were. Breakfast was disappointing...the waffles tasted off and were soggy, some orange type Tang drink mix instead of OJ but what do you expect for $55? We were later talking to a friend from the Albany area that said this place was busted for a prostitution ring which could explain the car with two-three guys parked outside the room next to us that kept going in and out? Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We have started requesting to see the rooms before we will sign in. The indoor rooms at this place...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I used a coupon from the hotel saver magazine I picked up on the Thruway. I have stayed in the area before and thought I'd try another hotel. I went to the reception area. The woman behind the desk didn't look up, didn't get up just asked how she could help me. I told her I was interested in a room. Another person, her daughter I think, was behind the desk and was standing between us while I was trying to discuss the types of room and cost. I almost left. If I hadn't been so tired I probably would have. The room was very nice, the bed too soft, the shower makes a very high pitched squealing noise no matter how you adjusted the temperature - no control over volume.
The breakfast was just okay. I will gladly pay the extra money next time to stay someplace else.

Room Tip: I was in an upgraded room that was quieter - quieter than the rooms right on the street but definitl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple