All reviews yogurt parfait ice machine wasn't working surrounding neighborhood one bedroom suite towne place suites an easy drive breakfast room full kitchen king size bed nice hotel small kitchen living space overnight trip rooms are spacious and clean breakfast was included plenty of free parking waffles
Reviewed June 1, 2016

We stayed here for only one night, but we had a very good experience. Friendly staff, very clean room, comfortable bed, nice decor. Breakfast buffet was average. We'd definitely stay again when in the Albany area.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2016

The room was huge and had more amenities than we expected. I thought the hotel was kind of difficult to find coming off of 87 into Albany and the parking lot was difficult to maneuver.
The hotel had a great view but the neighborhood was kind of shady with a boarded up building across the street.

Stayed: March 2016
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your suite and our hotel's amenities! The building across the street is going to be a Luxury High Rise Apartment Complex which we are extremely excited for! We hope to see you again! Thanks for choosing the Marriott TownePlace Suites!

Reviewed February 18, 2016

I came from France and stayed there 5 nights just before taking the NY bar exam. I had a king bed, the room was perfectly equipped with a little kitchen (dish washing,cuttlery, plates, etc included) in my room which was very convenient for me. The hotel is located 20 minutes away (walk) from the town center and there are shops not far away and around it (CVS, starbuck, Mcdonald, etc.). There is a shuttle to drive you into town.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2016

I had a quick visit to this hotel near the Albany Medical Center. The view from my room facing the Empire Plaza was quite nice and the room was spacious. The kitchen was well appointed but the rest of the furniture in the room was in bad condition. The desk chair was basically shredded and other parts of the room like mismatched paint/molding in bathroom could also use some attention. On my weekend visit the breakfast area was basically unusable. I visited three different times over the course of the morning and at no time were there any open seats, the waffle machine was out of batter and it was just generally overcrowded. Apart from the worn furniture the place seemed clean and I would certainly return, just plan to get breakfast someplace else.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank dc2005b
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2016

Thank you for your review! Since your review, the furniture has been replaced in this suite, our sincere apologies that this was not previously taken out of inventory. Our hotel will be undergoing renovations within the next couple of months and do hope that you will return to experience our newly renovated property!

Reviewed January 23, 2016

I stayed here as it was convenient to a work location. I stay in many hotels and this one does not meet my expectations of a quality suite type of hotel. The furniture is cheesy. They do not supply dish liquid to wash the one dish I did use and I refuse to use a dishwasher for one item as it is ecologically unfriendly. The bedding was stained and discolored. I asked for an extra blanket as it was chilly in the room as the heater is not adequate to heat the entire large space. After waiting for over half an hour I had to go to the desk and ask again. The desk clerk was out in the rear entry way in deep conversation with someone on personal matters. When i approached her to ask for the blanket she said she'd have one brought to me. I expressed that I needed it immediately as I wanted to go to bed. She acted like I was a pain and said she'd have one brought right to my room. The blanket brought was also stained and did not even fit the bed. In the morning I went for the complimentary breakfast and was dismayed at the poor offerings. The eggs were like rubber frisbees and the meat was burned. The coffee was luke warm. The cranberry juice was clearly watered down. They really provide less for breakfast than many cheaper hotels do. When I got home from my travels, I found that they had not told me they were going to put a hold on my personal bank account for the room charge which they claim is for incidentals. They are holding my account for $160 when the room charge was only $115. I provided them the paperwork from my employer who paid for the room so any hold on my personal card should have been immediately taken off on Thursday. They also claim that they do not need to tell customers at the desk about the hold process as it's clearly written in the email reservation confirmation. I just reviewed the email and no where in it does it say they place a hold for incidentals. I stay at MANY hotels and all of them ask you up front at check in if you will be in need of incidentals before they put a hold on someones card. Thanks to this problem, I now can not go get my breathing medications as my bank places a hold on the $160 which I can not access. The person I spoke with was not nice about the issue and acted like I was a problem for her. She didn't even apologize for the issue and said the only thing she can do is call the bank on Monday to release the hold. She also first claimed that i never gave them my employers paperwork with payment info as well and I had to be persistent with her. She finally checked for it and found it along with the company credit card info. So basically, they took the payment from my company and then attempted to take my money to boot. Needless to say, I will not stay here ever again!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
Vahan V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2016

Dear Never Again,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for challenges you faced during your stay. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure these challenges are an isolated issue.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Albany to show that we can exceed your expectations that you have come accustomed to with Marriott properties.

Vahan Vrijian