“Caring and Compassionate From the First Call”

TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently booked a room here in an emergency situation. From the first phone call, the staff were helpful finding us a room, even during a very busy time of local conferences. On arrival, and throughout our stay every single employee was extraordinarily helpful and caring. The shuttle is a plus, to help you navigate the the local area, including the hospital, so driving can be limited to arriving and departing. Our room was clean and quiet, the breakfast included great healthy items, and they offered the hospital discounted rate when we told them of our situation.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ReenPA
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

Our staff is honored that we were able to provide you with such great service throughout this difficult time. I'm glad that were able to utilize our amenities and services such as our shuttle service and breakfast. We appreciate you staying at our hotel and hope that everything is looking up for you and your family!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I came to Albany to do the bar exam and one of the best decisions I made was staying at this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. I was impressed by the friendly staff that made my stay all the more homely. In particular I was impressed by Jondelle Jardine. She was at the front desk and checked me in. She provided exceptional service and answered every question with a smile. Moreover, she knew the area very well and was able to guide me through from the pharmacy to the nearest grocery store. I would add that the housekeeping staff do need to be trained better as they kept asking us what cleaning we wanted done in the room. I experienced this for the first time as usually the staff knows exactly what should be taken care off. Nevertheless, overall a memorable stay and happy to have experienced Albany with this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sadaff H

Jondelle is wonderful!! Thank you very much for acknowledging her above and beyond customer service. Jondelle is an asset to our property and I greatly appreciate you mentioning her by name. Best of luck from the TownePlace Suites!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

A clean and quiet property, it was a pleasure to stay here. The staff are pleasant and efficient – a small problem with our reservation was resolved quickly and to my complete satisfaction. In addition, I had forgotten to use my AAA discount with the initial booking, but they took care of that right away. There are not many places to eat in the immediate vicinity, but a walk about 4 blocks in either direction along Delaware will take you to a number of restaurants and shops. The surrounding neighbourhood felt perfectly safe – it’s not a gated community but we were quite comfortable wandering around. On a side note, if you decide to go downtown to eat, parking is a real problem. It seems a shame, but if you want to eat and aren’t able to walk far, you might be better off heading back to the suburbs to dine. I wasn't aware of the shuttle service, but that might be a good option as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

The pleasure was all ours! My apologies that you were not educated on our shuttle service by our staff! I hope in the future you are able to take advantage of it, it is available Monday through Friday 6a-10a then in the evening 4p-9:30p and will transport our guests to and from locations within a 3 mile radius. Thank you for choosing the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

From the moment we walked in and were greeted by friendly front staff offering to make us dinner reservations and offering us the hotel shuttle to take us to dinner. The room was up to date with many portals for all our charging needs. Bed was very comfortable in the suite we had. Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I'm delighted that you experienced friendly service and a comfortable bed! We look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

TownePlace Suites has been amazing for our family. We have been in and out of Albany due to medical treatments for a family member and the staff, especially Jondelle, have been incredible. The property is always clean and well appointed and every staff member we have spoken to has been so kind and compassionate through this difficult time.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

On behalf of the Marriott TowePlace Suites, thank you for choosing our hotel! Jondelle will greatly appreciate that you mentioned her by name! We are extremely fortunate to have such dedicated, caring and genuine individuals as part of our team. The TownePlace Suites is your home away from home and we wish you the best of luck!! If there's ever anything else we can do please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a good property located conveniently located near the Albany VAMC and other medical facilities. The only bad thing about this property is the location is right at the edge of "your safe walking around" and "I would not walk that way, especially after dark". The staff was awesome the entire time. the room was great, bed soft and the housekeepers keep the room fully stocked and clean. I do wish they would keep the hot tub temp a little higher as all week it did not seem to be hot except for wed night. I would stay here again if in town, just need to be aware of your surroundings in this part of town. Thanks to the staff for a great week!

Room Tip: the rooms on the parking lot side are quieter as the street side you get ambulances...only because y...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Roger47993
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback! It was such a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm ecstatic that our staff providing you with such great service! We look forward to seeing you again, and if you ever have any questions regarding the more attractive routes in Albany please do not hesitate to inquire at our front desk! Have a wonderful rest of your summer and the TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown appreciates you choosing our hotel!

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed for two nights while visiting family at St. Peter's Hospital. The rooms are standard, as would be expected for a Marriott property and I didn't use the amenities, but the service received by the staff was exactly what anyone staying to pay a hospital visit needed -they were polite and accommodating. I asked for a taxi, not thinking of other options without a car, and they reminded me that they have a shuttle service to cover 3 mile distances. I was running out the door without breakfast (complimentary) and the desk clerk and shuttle driver went to the pantry to put something together for me. Totally appreciated and was very happy about my choice of hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that our staff was able to make your hospital visit to Albany easier. We hope all went well! Our staff genuinely appreciates your mentions of their service and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you for choosing our hotel!