“Creo has great decor, attentive staff healthy food options, but I will not be going back!”
Review of Creo Restaurant - CLOSED

Creo Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fuller Road
upstate NY, USA
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I recently took a client to eat lunch at Creo. The place was relatively empty (weekday at 12:30), and we were seated right away in a spot with a view of the kitchen, but rather felt like we were in an overflow area- not prime seating. I had a clear view of the Managers terrorizing the staff ,and micro managing details as if they were serving the Queen.

Oddly, a waitress spoke to us once, but after that a hostess came by to take our order and she also served. We never saw the waitress again. Our meal did not take long to arrive and was presented artfully.

I ordered the Chopped Salad for $11. I assumed at that price it would suffice for a light lunch. It included lettuce with avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cashews, and crumbled blue cheese (I skipped the last two). I was pretty surprised that this $11 salad would hardly have filled a small coffee mug, but I have to say it was fresh and tasty. It did come with a breadstick, which helped with the hunger pangs.

My companion had the Cape Cod Mussels for $14 with Andoullie sausage, grilled scallions in a sherry tomato broth. Hers was a substantial dish and she said it was quite tasty.

Companion ordered tea, and I had just a mug of hot water (my ususal). The mugs were both cracked and stained, which was disconcerting. Not to mention that my water tasted as if it had been run thru an old sock. They charged me $3 for that.

Overall, even though the meal was tasty, and service was fine, I do not plan to return. There are enough great places to eat in Albany where I dont get charged $3 for water, and where a salad that costs $11 is big enough for lunch.

Clifton Park, New York
“LOVED IT!”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I went to Creo on a Saturday night for dinner with another couple. From the second we all walked through the door we felt welcomed. The hostess was extremely friendly and upon sitting she even pulled out my chair. No one has ever done that for me at a restaurant.
Our server was great, very friendly and knew the menu inside and out. We started with some calamari and salads. The sauce used on the calamari was like no other, very unique. It was delicious. I am a vegetarian and they were very accommodating with the meal I ordered. My meat loving husband could not get enough of their Strip Steak. What a treat it was having the honey goat cheese pizza. An absolute genius idea.
Everyone was full from dinner but we still went ahead and ordered dessert. I went for the coconut cake. Words cant express how this dessert was a little bit of heaven. Thee best dessert I have ever had.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Albany,NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doesn't Live up the Hype”
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Albany yearns to be a hip city, and Creo tries desperately to fill that bill. Unfortunately, it's only an average restaurant wrapped in a "hip" wrapper.

The bar is always filled with local business men and women paying outrageous prices for drinks and pretending not to care.

The ambiance is interesting, with its sustainable and green construction, but it's a bit cold, with a formica-like interior. I suspect that all of that formica-like wall material is what makes the restaurant seem so loud; that and the fact that there isn't much of a barrier between the kitchen server-through and the seating areas.

Decor and cache' aside, Creo's food is what you'd expect; small and kind of interesting, but not earth-shaking. I had a salad which was on special; it was a tiny, molded affair with quality ingredients that were carefuly plated; but, again, nothing earth shattering. For my main course I had steak brushed with a demi-glaze. It was cooked perfectly, but very expensive for the size and cut. My companion was not nearly as satisfied as I; his pork chop was woefully overcooked. Our waiter explained that this was the result of it being prepared as a full roast on a rotiserie and sliced.

In terms of service, Creo is certainly not in the "677 Prime" class of eateries. Its waitstaff is quite a few notches below those high standards; so, don't expect that kind of attention. The problem for Creo is that their prices are in the 677 range.

In short, Creo is a hip place with small, expensive, not-to-exciting dishes and slightly above-average service. If that's your thing, this restaurant is for you.

1 Thank AlbanyFoodReview
Upstate New York
“Good food - California Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

After reading several negative reviews regarding the food, waitstaff, noise level, I was somewhat hesitant to try it - but I had the recommendations of friends and a gift certificate! My husband and I had a wonderful time. The waitstaff and food was excellent, the noise level was not a problem. The atmosphere overall, made me think of a California-type place - inventive menu, seating and overall layout, etc. A negative for some people might be that the portions are not overly huge - my husband & I usually take half our meal home - at Creo we cleaned our plates. Also, we were there on a Sunday evening. The bar scene on Friday and Saturday might make it a much different place.

albany, ny
“Lots to like at Creo”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

Have eaten here several times for both lunch and dinner and special occasions and we were seldom disappointed. Lobster bisque is chock-filled with lobster, sometimes a little too peppery. The eggplant small dish is delicately prepared, the calamari is some of the best around and any steak dish has always been perfectly grilled. Vegetable dishes and salads are always fresh and plentiful, the wine list offers lots of variety with unique bottles at reasonable prices. Ambiance is stylish and comfortable. Avoid seating by the open kitchen counter.