“Delicious, Nice Atmosphere”

Cross street: Fuller Road
Arlington, Virginia
“Delicious, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a work dinner at Creo and really enjoyed it. The server was attentive without being pushing and the food was really great. Lots to choose from - portions not overwhelmingly large so you can try a couple of small plates.

The only thing we came across that we didn't like was the chocolate creme brulee. The other creme brulee was amazing - but the chocolate just didn't cut it.

Other than that - salads, main courses, appetizers, wine - first rate!! Really nice place and I recommend it.

Creoteam, Owner at Creo Restaurant, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
HI Prius Girl:

Thanks for the great review. Thanks also for your candor on the chocolate creme brulee. We'll take a critical look at that dish.

Thanks again for dining at Creo and for your support. We look forward to seeing you when you're in town again.

Miami
“Excellent food, great presentation!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a late lunch at Creo recently and were very satisfied! Several of us had the specials and each was tasty and well presented. Portions were quite adequate and our waiter was very attentive! The atmosphere was great as well. We'll be back next time we're in Albany!
Try it..... you'll like it!

Creoteam, Owner at Creo Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Hazyman:

Thanks for the great review. We look forward to providing another great experience when you're back in town.

Brian White, VP White Management/Creo Partner
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Stuyvesant Dependable”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Wife and I have been to Creo several times and have always been pleased. Yesterday was not really an exception.

Creo is an upscale Italian eatery in stylish Stuyvesant Plaza. There are other places to eat at Stuyvesant, but Creo is the place to go if you want good service, good food, and good wine.

Wife ordered her usual caesar salad with chicken and reported that it was good, although if he had been making it, she would have taken more care to assure that the lettuce was clean and attractive.

I had the small portion of linquini. "Small" in this context means smaller than the large portion, and I would really hate to see what the full size dish looks like! The small portion is perfectly adequate for me. Nicely done linguini with clams, sausage, panchetta, and kale in a tasty white sauce.

But like my wife's salad, my linguini had a few problems. First, the clams were chewy and stringy - I suspect simply overcooked.

But then there was the kale - it came in very large pieces that really should have been cut into far smaller chunks, and one piece contained a thick stem that was simply not edible. And it was underdone. Kale takes a lot of cooking, so the contrast between underdone kale and overdone clams in the same dish is remarkable.

Service was great. The food was tasty although the preparation was a bit lacking.

Creoteam, Owner at Creo Restaurant, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Monophoto:

Thank you for visiting Creo and for the thoughtful, helpful notes on the dishes. I shared your comments with the culinary team to ensure that our commitment to great food and great service is followed every single time on every single dish. I am glad we earned four stars, but we aim to deliver the five star experience for every guest.

Thanks for your business and your comments, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Brian White, VP White Management/Creo Partner
Latham, New York
“Tasty lunch specials.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my third trip here for lunch and I still haven't made it to the regular menu as the specials are so appealing. I had an excellant lobster bisque made the way I like with generous chunks of lobster in a tasty broth. Later someone else was picking the chunks out of her serving so there's no accounting for personal taste. My entree was a really fabulous seared ahi tuna salad. I have ahi tuna quite often when I eat out and this was by far the best I've ever had. I ate at the bar which is very comfortable for a solo diner. The bartender was very friendly and as is often the case when dining at a bar, the service from getting a beverage to having the bill presented and processed was most efficient. Michelle put in my order for the ahi right away as they were running out. I very much appreciated that as I can't imagine missing that dish. This is an upscale place in an interesting, green building but comfortable due to the friendly staff. Previously, I've dined out on their deck which is really a nice option when the weather is more pleasant. I'm looking forward to my next visit here very much.

• Visited June 2013
Creoteam, Owner at Creo Restaurant, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Riverrun343:

Thanks for the five star review. I am glad, but not surprised, that Michelle took great care of you at the bar for lunch service, and I am equally pleased to hear that we've consistently delivered great experiences in past visits. Please always let us know how we can best serve your needs, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Toledo, Ohio
“Best place to eat”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had the recent pleasure of coming to the Albany area and during my stay at the Holiday Inn across the street they recommended this place as a great spot to eat. They were not kidding they had some of the best food I have ever had. It was to die for and my wife still is talking about their soups. It was great for convienve and just a great atmosphere. The host we had was great, when i come back to the area I will deff. come and eat at this place again.

Visited April 2013
Creoteam, Owner at Creo Restaurant, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear John G:

Thank you for the great review. Please always let us know how we're doing and where we can improve our experience, and we will continue striving to exceed expectations.

We look forward to serving you again soon.