“Great little retreat...”
Review of Morgan State House

Morgan State House
Ranked #1 of 6 Albany B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2008

Our stay at the Morgan State House was wonderful. I was in town to be sworn-in to the NY bar and all of the other chain hotels were booked. I found Morgan State House on Frommer's and decided to try it. I thought a charming bed and breakfast would be a nice retreat while staying in Albany. I definitely was not disappointed. We stayed in the king suite, 4B, which is absolutely beautiful. The skylights and sunken tub really make the room. The bathroom and room were spotless, all of the staff members were very helpful and very professional. I can't say that I'm in love with Albany the city, but if I ever find myself in need of a hotel in the area, the Morgan State House will be my first choice.

Reviewed June 24, 2008

This was my second stay with the Morgan State House, but the first in the main house. The suites are exquisite. My personal favorite was the down beds. I don't think I have slept so well in ages. The location is perfect, a close walk to the capitol (and to some lively restaurants and nightlife). I highly recommend the Morgan State House.

Reviewed June 5, 2008

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this gorgeous bed and breakfast in a beautiful historic brownstone with a lovely garden. The king suite is sublime with its skylights, incredibly comfortable bed and big bathtub. I needed pampering and I got it here. The staff is friendly and accomodating and the breakfast was peaceful and yummy. Just enough. Great coffee! We will stay here again the next time we are in Albany -- why stay anywhere else? Across from a park, near all the restaurants, near the Capitol. Perfect in every way.

Reviewed June 4, 2008

I travel to Albany for work on a regulr basis so I was thrilled to find this B&B in a nice quite part of town. I have been going for almost 2 years and I consider it "my place" I drive from NYC and park on the street parking or in a gated lot .
I can walk to some of the best restaurants around and take a stroll in the park after dinner.
I stay in the apartment building because I like to be independent but I go to the brownstone for breakfast. ( a few houses down the street ).Sometimes I bring some fruit & a muffin up to the apartment so that I can eat there. Both buildings are comfortable and friendly and a wonderful B & B experience. The apartment has all the amenities that I need for a "portable office" and if I need a break there are passes to the Y around the corner.
Compared to the Hotels in town it is the cleanest, friendliest,most comfortable place around and the best value for the money.
Check it out on their website.
Enjoy!

Reviewed June 4, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Morgan State House earlier this year
to visit my family in Albany and we really loved the place. The only thing I would mention when booking is that the Washington Park State House @ 399 State St. is an actual condo building a couple of doors down from the actual B&B. I didn't mind staying at the building since we needed a kitchenette to cook our own food. For a more B&B experience make sure you book the 393 State Street location, the rooms are really beautiful and pristine!

The staff was also so nice and the location is right across the street from Washington State Park which is "The Park" in Albany and just wonderful especially during the Tulip Festival which marks the start of Spring in Albany.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Not only is the Morgan State House a jewel but so is this neighborhood! I loved being so close to a nice park (complete with summer-like weather when I was visiting) and near to so many good restaurants and shops. A nice place to take a stroll. Having a safe place to park my car was another nice feature but best of all is this lovely old home. The wooden stairs, complete with creaks, are gorgeous and my room was comfortable and spacious. I enjoyed my breakfast and was pleased to learn that I could visit the kitchen at any time during my stay, a bonus for me as I am diabetic and could need emergency food in the wee hours of the morning. The staff I met were delightful and helpful. The Morgan State House is my cup of tea (and the coffee was good too.)
Annie

Reviewed May 15, 2008

This hotel is in a historic brownstone. When I walked in, I knew in an instant, that this would provide the needed relaxation after a busy day at the Capitol. The main rooms are decorated with a mixture of modern and antique furniture, flowers, and music was playing in the background.

The kitchen had tempting home made cookies available all day, as well as tea, coffee, yogurt and fruit. I was very happy to find a nibble and a cup of tea with milk as an afternoon pick-me-up. The breakfast that was offered the next day was exactly what I would have eaten, had I been home. I appreciate that I could eat what I wanted and not have a bunch of extra unwanted food.

The room was comfortable, pleasing to the eye, and functional for work. I had a great night's rest, and was off to the airport. Too bad, I was traveling alone. I would have enjoyed the fine May weather in the private backyard with a bottle of wine and the company of my husband.