“Very good”

DP An American Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
DP An American Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sheridan Ave
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We wanted a nice restaurant close to the Palace theatre , and "dp" was conveniently located at the Hampton in where we were staying. I know what you're thinking, a Hampton Inn restaurant , downtown Albany? Other reviews were positive , so we went for it, and were not disappointed. The appetizers, main courses were creative, well presented and delicious. I would also add, not overly pricey considering the quality. Only a five minute walk to the show!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This restaurant has a good location, very good food and wine options, as well as a nice atmosphere. They are very accommodating with food options/selections.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location nearby the Palace Theater and Capital Repertory makes this an ideal pre-theater dining venue. The menu has a variety of "small plates" as well as full meals and interesting sides and the wait staff is very accommodating about our ordering a hodge podge of dishes. This is has been a "regular" pre-theater dining spot with my theater subscription companion and we are always pleased although some evenings, we need to keep an eye on the clock so that we settle the bill in time to get to across the street.DP's has as active bar scene (drink and appetizer specials at the bar) and thus draws an after work crowd. Some evenings, the bar crowd becomes a bit loud and raucous, noticeable since the bar and dining area are basically in the same large space.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

So we had been hearing such great things about this restaurant and we were excited to eat here..... What a disappointment! The drinks were very overpriced. The appetizers were really good, but then we got our meals..... I ordered a special feature for the night that the waitress highly recommended. It was shrimp and broccoli Alfredo and it was terrible! There was no broccoli in it whatsoever, not one piece, they must have forgotten about it, so it was just shrimp Alfredo, which in my opinion is far less appealing! The broccoli makes it! So anyway I was hungry so I ate as much as I could but it was terrible!!!! It looked and tasted exactly like the Lipton brand Alfredo noodles in the package! The noodles were so mushy and gross! What a joke! Not worth the long wait or money!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'll try and make this quick, because DP isn't worth the time to waste writing a review. "Sad" I said to my partner when my Cobb salad was placed in front of me, not only was it missing two items that were on the menu description, it was probably the saddest looking salad I was ever presented with. After having waited for what seemed an inordinate amount of time for a salad and a burger, we did not complain, it was late and we were hungry. In the end we were presented with our bill, we unfortunately had ordered house Chardonnay by the glass (I'm guessing it was a 4oz. pour at most) and the server neglected to tell us they charged $14 per glass. The pour had been so small we had two each, so we were surprised when the bill totalled $87. We were out for a leisurely bite to eat, please, how pretentious, it's pub food and subpar at that. With tip it totalled over $100. Is it just me? I'm more than happy to pay good money for good food and service, but neither is to be found at DPs. However, the real kick in the butt was when we actually left. Even having had dinner in the restaurant and had our parking ticket validated we were still charged $5 for parking. The attendant explained that had we not had it validated it would have been $13, I suppose we should have felt appreciative. We did not.

1  Thank Bobby B