“A Enjoyable Experience”

Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 694 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: CDTA Bus Transit conveniently located right on Western Ave.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Some of my colleagues in office recommended it and therefore I landed at Hana to enjoy my dinner with a friend. We went for Hibachi and I must confess, it was a experience on its own. Being a Vegetarian, got me served first. How Nice. Asked for their recommendation on drinks, and again Sapporo Sake Bomb was spot on. Beer & Sake mixed, it was good.
The food was tasty and ambience of the reastaurant was good. Waiting delay to be seated and then to fill up 5-6 seats on Hibachi table were the only drawbacks.
Recommended for a fun-filled evening. Enjoy.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hana offers classic Japanese cuisine, done correctly and well, with the freshest ingredients carefully prepared. Among the ubiquitous "Japanese steakhouse" places, Hana's teppanyaki (steel-plate-grilled food) is fully competent. Their sushi and sashimi are even better, with fresh, clean flavors and eye-pleasing presentations.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My daughter's Godmother, her husband and I always get together a day or two after Christmas to celebrate. This year we decided to go out for dinner rather than either one of us cooking. We chose Hana for celebration reserving the hibachi table. I would have given the experience five stars. However, I have dined at this restaurant where the hibachi chef was a bit more entertaining. Our chef was very good, just not as entertaining as I have seen others. The food as usual was excellently prepared. I highly recommend the Tuna Tartar. The godmother is a very hard critic since A., they dine out a lot., B. frequent the Culinary Institute of America , and C. she prides herself as being a gourmet cook. She was very impressed with all the appetizers and dinners that were ordered. All in all a very good time.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Started good but went bad quick. Sushi was ok at best. Waitress disappeared for a while and was so inattentive she asked if we wanted to take the rest of our wine home. There was none left....

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've been to this restaurant many times and the chefs always take the time to present the food well. Once on Valentine's Day I ordered a salmon roll and they shaped the rolls into a heart shape and decorated the plate with flowers, absolutely beautiful and delicious too! I'm always impressed with the quality of the food here. They also have many varieties of blossoming teas that they serve in clear tea pots, which look gorgeous as the flowers open.

1  Thank jvsjadaun