“Great Meal, Great Atmosphere”

Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: CDTA Bus Transit conveniently located right on Western Ave.
Albany, New York
“Great Meal, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been to several hibachi restaurants, but this one was the best. The hibachi chefs were very entertaining, and the food was absolutely delicious. I tried the vegetable tempura as well as the vegetable hibachi meal which came with a nice cold salad. I have also ordered from their regular menu, which is equally good. I would definitely recommend Hana to anyone who loves Japanese food.

• Visited June 2012

Brooklyn, New York
“Spot on...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place from the outside looks like any other restaurant. Inside was a whole lot different. The menu is typical of other Japanese steakhouses with a few other delicious items. We decided to opt out of the hibachi and went with the regular menu. The filet mignon was perfect and the beef negamachi was delish! Our waitress was "in training" but you couldn't tell. She was right on the money from bringing the correct appetizers to serving the usual "high potency" specialty drinks.

• Visited July 2012
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere service food value. This place has it all. We ate at a hibachi table.

Malta, New York
“Great lunch, quick enough for our break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

I love sushi but I usually stick to my go-to place. With that being too far from my work to ever visit on a lunch break, I decided to try Hana. It is very nice inside, I like the decor. There are hibachi tables and a bar in the center with tables on the outer sides. It even looks like they have an outdoor area but I'm not sure if people are seated outside. Our waitress was nice and efficient. We all chose various pick 2 or pick3 roll lunches. I picked a 2 roll with an upgrade to a green salad instead of soup. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the salad, where I usually go its in a bowl about the size of the soup but for a $2 upgrade charge I got a salad maybe 3 times that size. I couldn't even finish the whole thing, and the ginger dressing was delicious. My rolls were also very good. It wasn't busy and we were in and out fast enough for a timely lunch break. It is pretty convenient to work so I'm sure I'll return soon!

Visited June 2012
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great Japanese place, friendly staff and good food!

Visited June 2012

Been to Hana Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar? Share your experiences!