“Dinner and a surprise bday cake”

Sushi Tei Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sushi Tei is a traditional Japanese restaurant located in Albany, NY. We feature fresh, healthy Japanese food (dine-in or take-out). Wine, sake and various imported beers are also available for your refreshment. Sushi is a small piece of raw fish or shellfish on a bed of vinegared rice. This can be eaten as is, or is often dipped into soy sauce and then eaten. Sushi is based on the belief that nature cannot be improved, and is usually very simple. Therefore, great care is put into the creation, arrangement and the many methods of preparing the food. The finished appearance is also very important because the natural beauty and taste must not be lost, but enhanced!
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our family of five adults and three children went to dinner at Sushi Tei, They have a variety of sushi rolls (just like California!!!) and among the orders, we had a taste of each type we ordered (Calif roll, spider roll, etc...) Everyone was happy with their order.
I have to make mention that it was daughter's birthday so I brought a cake with me. The staff was very accommodating and took the cake quietly in the kitchen and surprised her during dessert time! They even dimmed the light and all sang HB song!!! :)
Additionally, I asked for a glass of wine....but after tasting it, I know it was "old" and probably opened a while back. After calling the attention of staff, she replaced it with a new one and that made me very happy!! Kudos to the staff!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

While visiting Albany on business, I looked on here for recommended restaurants and this place did not disappoint! The miso soup was delicious and not over-priced. I enjoyed the Mexican Roll and Mango roll. Both were very delicious and I only wish I did not live so far away. I will definitely be visiting here on my next business trip.
As for the atmosphere, the place is intimate with about 15 tables and a few seats at the sushi bar. It was quiet on a Tuesday night but I would expect a wait during the weekends. Trust me, the food would be worth the wait!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very well worth the price !!  All the positive reviews are fully justified. Will become our go to place for sushi. Very good service.
If you can eat spicy food, the jalapeño roll is a must try.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Sushi Tei is one of my favorite sushi places and I have been to many many sushi restaurants. My boyfriend and I live about an hour away from Albany but whenever we are near we always go here for sushi. I always get the passion roll- so good. My boyfriend always gets the roll with calamari called the sunset roll. Very delicious we absolutely love it there. Great waitresses too. The sushi makers always impress me.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had a very enjoyable dinner with a special friend on a Saturday evening. It is a very warm and inviting ambiance inside. The place was crowded and though we had to wait for a table, the service was terrific. the menu is extensive with a large assortment of different rolls, The fish was extremely fresh and delicious. There is a large selection of Japanese beer and the Asian Squid was the best I've ever had anywhere. The price is moderate and on par with a typical Sushi Restaurant. I really like this place and will return whenever I am in Albany.