“A couple of days out of this world!”

Indigo Seychelles Boat Charter and Excursions Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hello, We are an excursion company offering truly tailor-made boat charters. You tell us what you want to do and we guide you in organising the excursion of your dreams. Try our guided snorkelling trips - we are experienced in teaching first time snorkellers. Are you a bird lover? We can take you bird watching with your own private and knowledgeable guide. Visit stunning beaches and enjoy our tasty Creole barbecue and if you wish to try your hand at fishing - join us in catching your lunch/dinner! If you are a certified Scuba diver or wish to have an introductory dive to see what Suba diving is all about, why not make the most of a private dive with our experienced PADI diving instructor? We pride ourselves on offering a professional high quality service, with a focus on sustainable living, guaranteed to give you an authentic experience of the Seychelles. Children are very welcome and we will get them involved in the activities you choose. Please do tell us if you have special dietary requirements as we cater to these as well. We look forward to hearing from you.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I found Indigo through Trip Adviser. So many excellent reviews and having spent two days with them last week, it is so easy to see why. From start to finish, they were absolutely superb. All the arrangements prior to arriving were handled by Jane perfectly. I also used Indigo for my return transfers to/from the airport.
I was only in the Seychelles for several days and wanted to cram as much in as possible. I had carried out my own research on what I wanted to see and gave her my proposal. However, she suggested an alternative for one of the island I wanted to visit as I am a bird and nature lover. I am so, so glad she did. I had the most amazing few hours on Aride Island. I had the island all to myself apart from the amazing Jemma as my guide and the volunteers who work on the island. Even if you not crazy about birds like I am, you really still should allow Indigo to take you there. It was surreal – a pristine paradise with birds going about their normal business as if you weren't there. A beautiful walk through the vegetation. Jemma is just so knowledgeable about everything. We were accompanied by Rodney who is one of the volunteers. It was incredible to see people's passions for the environment and wildlife. Whilst we were away for a couple of hours, Nigel was preparing the most exquisite barbecue I have ever tasted. Jane has gleaned from me my likes and dislikes beforehand so my favourites of fresh fish and pork were prepared and cooked to perfection. A table was laid in the shaded area with stunning views across to the islands.
After Aride, we went to Curieuse where again Jemma was the fountain of all knowledge. A lovely walk through the mangroves on the boardwalk, Jemma picking up one of the giant crabs for closer inspections and pointing out so much along the way. Some time with the giant tortoises at the end before heading back to Praslin.
I had spent the previous day with Nigel going all around Praslin. We started off on a beautiful walk through Fond Ferdinand. Again, somewhere I hadn't research and was so glad they had suggested it as Valle de Mai would have been so crowded. We literally had the forest to ourselves. Stunning vegetation and views from the high points. We then went on a tour of the island by car, Nigel stopping along the way to point things out, great photo stops, amazing rock formations, beautiful beaches. He set up a table on one of the beaches for us to have lunch. Then into the interior to look at some of the houses and all the way up to the top of Zimbabwe (I still cannot believe the public bus goes up there!). The views are spectacular! It was the most enjoyable day. Nigel is so easy to get along with and very passionate about his country and knows so much. And he has the patience of a saint for the number of times I stopped to take photographs with all my cameras. It was a fantastic day!
Yes, booking private tours is more expensive than going with a group but it is so worth every bit. To be able to ask what questions you want, stop when you want, spend as long as you want in each place along the routes is priceless in my opinion. Nigel, Jemma, the boat, Jane's organisation - everything was absolutely first class. I honestly could not fault anything. I am a seasoned traveller and have to say that Indigo is up there with the best. I would so recommend them to anyone I knew who was going to the Seychelles and to tell them to do land and sea excursions with them – they would not be disappointed and will return with lifetime memories!

4  Thank Louise H
Jane H, Manager at Indigo Seychelles Boat Charter and Excursions Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Good morning Louise,

Thank you very much for such a wonderfully written and comprehensive review. Organising your last minute trip was a pleasure for us and it was great to take you exploring with us. Your enthusiasm on both excusions were contagious and as always it was wonderful for us to show you a few corners of the Seychelles and see our country through your eyes. Whenever we welcome visitors to our islands, we are reminded how lucky we are to have been born here.

We enjoy preparing our fully custom made excusions as we really believe that one achieves the best tourism experience when one gets to do what one is interested in, rather than having no other choice but follow a bigger groups' itinerary.

We are happy that you loved the meal and was fascinated by Aride, Curieuse and Fond Ferdinand. The last is a really well hidden nature park with several acres of endemic plants
and fauna.

We have passed your comments on to Gemma. She is happiest when she is out and about in nature and is sharing her knowledge with others.

Yes, the big public buses do get up many small roads in Seychelles, and we are very happy that they can do that!

We are looking forward to your next visit and floating your flag off some more hill tops and beaches. Nigel will enjoy preparing another delicious meal for you and taking you on some more typical Seychelles experiences.

Until next time keep safe.

Best wishes always,

The Indigo Seychelles Team

There are newer reviews for Indigo Seychelles Boat Charter and Excursions Day Tours

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The two excursions we did with Nigel were truly the highlights of our holiday on the Seychelles!
Communicating with Jane for booking was really easy and she did a great job in getting us to tell her what we really wanted to see and gave us great tips.
We visited Aride Island with our guide Gemma, who knows basically everything! And since we went to the island mainly because of the many birds there, it was real paradise for us - we never saw so many birds before and they do a fantastic job of protection the wildlife on this island! In the meantime Nigel prepared a wonderful barbecue, including some vegetarian curry for my wife and some fresh fish for me.
We also went to Curieuse, St. Pierre for snorkeling and Cousin.
We can truly recommend Indigo to everyone who wants to do some excursions to the smaller islands - they really make an effort of giving you a unique experience and not just bringing you from A to B!

2  Thank Marco H
Jane H, Manager at Indigo Seychelles Boat Charter and Excursions Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you for much for taking the time to post a review about our services. It is really appreciated.

We believe that our clients are the most important part of our business, which is why we pay special attention to providing a stellar service, from a clients first contact with us, right through communication with them after they leave the Seychelles. It is always wonderful to see the results of this service and to know that we have managed, once more, to leave a lasting positive impression.

Aride is a heavenly destination for bird lovers or people really wishing to learn about birds and plants. Gemma, the private guide we work with is one of the best in her field in the Seychelles and her knowledge is a very valuable addition to any excursion. She is really a walking encyclopaedia. Between her knowledge on land and Nigels additional knowledge of the sea, its creatures and plants, we strive to offer our clients the best guiding combination possible.

Many of our clients are vegetarians or suffer from allergies, and we always make a point that they are catered for and get to enjoy the best of the authentic and tasty creole cuisine.

We are very happy that you chose to book two private excursions with us and even happier that you truly enjoyed them.

We hope to see you in the future and take you exploring again.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is my first ever TripAdvisor report but I feel I must make an entry to very strongly recommend Inidgo's boat trip for those visiting Seychelles.
We went out with Nigel last week and had the most brilliant experience. I chose Nigel and his Indigo boat charter on the basis of other good reports and those excellent reviews are consistent with what we experienced. Nigel's planning, flexibility and hosting was first class. My wife and two young kids did some fishing, swimming at the most amazing beach, some great snorkelling on coral and stopped at the giant tortoises. The lunch was brilliant to with some fresh caught to add to Nigel's great catering and cooking. There are so many options to chose from and Nigel gave expert advice on what would suit our family.
I stronly recommend Indigo. First class!!

3  Thank andrew w

Good morning,

It is always a great pleasure to read the feedback from our valued clients. It is even better to hear that you have really appreciated your excursion with us and have found our levels of service to be consistent with feedback from other clients. We believe in always giving our clients the best experience of the Seychelles and this standard of service is always present in our excursions.

We are happy to note as well, that there was something for everyone to do and enjoy. It must have been great for the children to eat the fish they caught and we are sure that they felt very proud of their great work.

We thank you once again for having booked an Indigo Seychelles private charter and for having shared your experience with this community.

We look forward to welcoming you on board Angelique the next time you are in Seychelles, and taking you to discover some other hidden gems that our precious country have to offer.

We wish you all the very best for the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were treated to a wonderful day out , visiting Cousin, Curieurse, St Pierre and finally snorkelling in the beautiful clear blue waters off Praslin. Gemma, our guide on land, knew everything about everything and was very eco conscious. Lunch, prepared and cooked by Nigel, was delicious with enough food to last us a week if we had been castaway. If you have never snorkelled before, as we hadn't, then Nigel is the perfect companion. He made us feel safe and well cared for, joining us in the water to point out all the interesting fish and corals. Communication when booking and prior to our trip was also excellent. We would highly recommend the experience.

Jane H, Manager at Indigo Seychelles Boat Charter and Excursions Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Good evening,

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your day with us!

Thank you so much for sharing your first time snorkelling experience. We have helped many people to learn to snorkel and it is always rewarding to see how they enjoyed discovering the underwater world. It is really a wonder and we truly appreciate the trust that you placed in us when you decided to try this activity.

For a lot of people, even swimmers, the idea of snorkelling can be daunting. It is important that ones first experience is carried out in the presence of someone knowledgeable. Nigel is a diving instructor and is very safety conscious. He has experience leading search and rescue operations at sea in Seychelles. As such he is always intent on making sure that our snorkellers not only have a good time but are also safe. He is furthermore very environmentally conscious and will make sure that our snorkellers learn not to harm the marine environment.

It is great to know you enjoyed the plentiful barbecue. A day at sea is often good at inducing a healthy appetite and we always make sure that our clients have an abundant choice of food!

We are forever happy to help our clients and it is always exciting to receive a request for information. Communicating with our clients during the booking process and giving them a trip update before they travel is therefore a real pleasure for us.

Thank you once again for booking an excursion with us and for going on a snorkelling adventure.

We would love to meet you again on your next trip to the Seychelles.

With profound thanks and best wishes of happiness and health,

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were so lucky we had the chance to do a tour with Nigel. He has been on the island for a long time and knows the waters so well. My husband and I wanted to do a private tour so we could see as much of the different islands as possible and Nigel made it happen. We visited Bird Island as well as Praslin, La Digue and other remote places. One of our favorite moments was the snorkeling though. He finds spots that most big tour groups don't take people to. As soon as we stuck our heads in the water we spotted a turtle! We followed that turtle all around, and were lucky to find lots of coral alive and well teeming with sea life.

Nigel makes sure the water is safe to boat in, snorkel in, and explains to you the routes he is taking in order to give you the best experience. We asked him to take us on a little side trip to visit a vanilla plantation and he took us to a beautiful little farm and I stocked up on tons of fresh vanilla beans.

Nigel is very easy to communicate with via email and he works around what you want to see and do. We would recommend him to anyone visiting Seychelles!

1  Thank ChefUzma

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of your excursion with us with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you onboard our boat and take you to visit all of these special corners of the Seychelles.

Nigel has been sailing from a very young age and has navigated quite a bit of the Seychelles waters. He is truly a man of the sea and freely shares his enthusiasm and knowledge with those interested in learning more. He is very conscious of safety and really ensures that all Indigo Seychelles boat charters are carried out in security.

Booking a private excursion with us really means doing the things that you want to and not following a set schedule and a large group around. You get to relax where you want, learn about things you are interested in, listen to the music you like and even eat only the food that you like. We always work with our clients to make sure that they enjoy a really great personalised excursion.

We wish to thank you for the trust you placed in us in booking one of our excursions and hope that we will meet again soon.

We wish you all the best for the future and as we say in Seychelles , "a byento", which means see you soon.

With heartfelt thanks,