“Fruit Bats are the main attraction” 4 of 5 bubbles

Praslin Museum
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fruit Bats are the main attraction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I was really exited to go to visit the museum and I made a special day to go and do so. I arrive at 2:30 and has been told that the guided tour starts at 3:00 . I decided to wait and sit on the one of the comfortable seats. I have been given a glass of orange juice, passion fruit and a few bananas while I wait. This was very nice gesture. The young lady inform me that the tour starts at 3:00 and ticket cost 180 rupees ( almost £10) and include a glass of juice. At about 2:50 a man arrive in the car which is happened to be the guide. I was the only person on the quid end tour, and the gentlemen took around with the speed of light. By 3:00 I was done. First we went to see the fruit bats which was the highlight of the place. The men give them a little banana and when I ask if I can feed then, he told me its to late now and we should move on. Next we see the giant turtles which are everywhere to be seen on the island and then with a speed of light we went thru all medical plants which I have been given a lil story about each one. The were also a few pic hanging around to see, but they were really old and bad quality. While asked about chameleons and black parrots which were highlighted to see there, the tour guide stated that a few month back they were removed from the side. So the main attraction was the bats really, not really worth it the price.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JoannaMic

• Polish first
NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“ho-hum”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

this little museum has potential. if only more time was spent on organizing it further. the staff were very nice and knowledgeable, but it is somewhat of a racket at $15 US/person. the highlight was feeding the fruit bats.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank helua
The Netherlands
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Very expensive”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

You're told a lot about medicinal plants and live on the Seychelles. You can feed a fruitbat. But it's terribly expensive (do negotiate on the price). There are no kameleons or black parrots. You pay 10 times the price of a normal state-owned museum.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Duyntje
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I was there with my wife and our 5 months old son ...great place..amazing people..very clean

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Nice and cozy place and REALLY good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

During our stay at the nearby Acajou hotel my girlfriend and I visited "Praslin Museum" to have a look at the museum. The museum itself consists of a botanical and picture-based part. Very small but relevant and with a good host - Steve.

Praslin isn't floated with good restaurants so we asked Steve for advice.
To our surprise he told us that - besides running a museum - he also runs a guesthouse with dining. We decided to come back for dining the day after, said hello to a couple of guests and where met by Steve and his wife Janine. A very very friendly couple.

A bit sceptical about the food - like mentioned in the beginning Praslin is a bit low on restaurants - we found our table, and then...it turned out that Steve really is an excellent cook!

For starters we shared a plate of deepfried slices of fish. A nice tasting and snack-dimensioned dish.
While enjoying our starter Steve prepared the maincourse: Jobfish with creole sauce, Papaya-salad, and a fruitsalad based on "starfruit", mango and papaya. It tasted so incredibly good and there were food enough for three or four persons.
Everything was fresh, well-balanced on the sour/spicy scale and Janine - waitress and Steves wife - is a real charmer.

I can't recommend this place enough. It is that good - and by far the best place outside of Acajou (with it's professional staff and talented chef) we ate on Praslin. No doubt about that!

Visited June 2012