“Relax and fun diving”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Relax and fun diving”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Diving site are not deeper then 20/26 meter. I dive with nitrox all the time and i felt safe. The staff of Octopus Diving Center were very helpful and friendly.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mavirx

Edinburgh of the Seven Seas
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Professional and friendly!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I'll drop a few lines just to say "thank you very much" to Helene (always very gentle!), Juliana (a very nice and fun person!) and, mostly, Francine, the divemaster.

I'd had a serious problem in my last dive, back to April'13, in Phuket, Thailand. After that dive, I didn't feel comfortable and secure for diving anymore. I had a chance to do some dives in Zanzibar, but I decided not to do them, once I was not ok. In Seychelles the same was happening once again, but then Francine came to me and we had a very nice and frank discussion about my situation and my feelings about diving. She dived with me as if I were a real beginner, despite my dives and my courses, and that was what I needed. She was tremendously professional and friendly. Hopefully I'll meet other divemasters like her in the future! The situation is Thailand was a trauma, so I need time and patience. No words to express what you did for me, Francine! Thank you, indeed!

Wish you all luck and success!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank TrekkingGuy10
helsinki
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best dives on Seychelles”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Me and my wife did about 10 dives with Octopus on Jan 2013. We emailed them first, but the info offered by email was a bit sketchy. On our first stop at the shop we were very happy with their helpfulness and nice spirit.

All of the instructors, divemasters and other staff were smiling, helpfull and very very professional. The dive sites were nice (even though in January, the sea is a bit rough and the visibility is not the best).

The lunches arranged by the diveshop were good. Free coffee and wifi connection was a nice plus.

You do have to carry your equipment to the boat (maybe 200 meters). This seemed to be pretty standard in all of the dive shops in the Seychelles, and was not a huge problem.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank uniikkinimi1
Brazil
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Excellent dive center”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The entire team, from the dive master to the person who picks the equipment, are very corteous.
Is a very well trained equip, they are responsible and the equipment is new and very clean.
IWe did 2 diver, one in the morning and another on afternoon and between the both dives they arrange a lunch (take away), if previously requested by the client.
I really liked to dive with this experienced team. It worths even if you are not in the neighbourship.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ClaraAB
Tessenderlo, Belgium
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Dive center so so. Diving ok.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We read in other reviews that beginners like this center and that experienced divers are on the fence. We have been diving for two-decades and were also taken aback (as were other reviewers) by the necessity to carry equipment to boats.
In the dive center they make a big deal about saving the environment. Accordingly we were very surprised by how some of the dive masters grabbed onto the coral. Not good!
Another reason this place is just average is that it does what so many average on-shore dive shops do. They always stay close to home to save money. This is not an issue if the diving nearby is excellent. But it in our minds it becomes a serious negative when, for example, afternoon dives are done on a wall or dive site not in sunlight. Octopus faces east and low and behold they went just off-shore in the afternoon to dive out of the sunlight instead of taking the time to go to a place that could take advantage of available light. It is both lazy and cheap and a dive center should never expect a very good or excellent response when short changing paying customers.
We will not be going back to them.
As for the diving, Seychelles are not bad. Not the greatest but there are things to see.
Diving here is, of course, like everything else, more expensive than almost all other places. Australia is probably as expensive. Most if all of the south seas however, are cheaper. And more beautiful.

Visited November 2013