“Very good. Friendly owner and staff.”

Octopus Diving Center
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We stay in a near hotel, so, the natural choice was to go with them. We have not read any review in advance, but usually I rely on feeling and except for some mistake usually I'm right. We meet the owner and we start to arrange a comunication ( He is french and we are italians, so since my french was quite rusty we decide to go on in english).
We talk a little about our experience, and checked the price, a little high. But, since we carried all the equipment with us from Italy, and we choose a package the price was in line with other prices worldwide. ( We also decide to take the nitrox specialty with them). Later in the day an Italian speaking girl show up so in case someone is in trouble can ask for the lady. Aniway we made like 10 dives with them without a problem. The divemaster was really good ( we had Cyril ). Yes you have to carry your own tank and equipment on the boat, but is ok, we have always done that, so no really a problem.
The reef around is not really good since in1998 "el niño" caused the water temperature to rise and the coral bleached to survive. After 14 years is starting to reappear some life again. This on the inner reef, on the outer reef the coral are still alive and asking for a long cruise or a full day is possible to visit the sites. They ask for a small fee. We see a lot of big staff like sharks, turtles, eagles and so on. they training for the nitrox was quite easy, you need to remember and refresh some information, but they was there to assist, just in case. On evening we go out for a beer at the pizzeria just there, and we got a little in touch with the owner. He is a french guy that usually perform technical dive and decide to open is business there after a trip.
We can only suggest this Diving Center since we stay so well with them

1  Thank Flavio P

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was expecting a great team in a great environment but I was disappointed by the lack of friendly atmosphere, which is my expectation in a diving center. I found them rather cold and with few explanantions about the dive itself. I have got to sy that I have been surprised given the rather positive feedback I have seen previously in Trip advisor. It looked like something or someone was missing, lack of guidance and wish to make the dive a special moment.

6  Thank cristof2010
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I obtained my Open water PADI certification there and have to say I am very happy about my choice. Christophe is an excellent sintructors. he'll make sure you really learns what is important. His team is composed by young and fun people, enthusiast about diving. Highly recommended.

1  Thank bart v
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Excellent diving center.
Professional staff, friendly and fun.

1  Thank susy03
Reviewed September 28, 2011

It is a small club run by dive instructor Christophe, assisted by a small team of passionate divers. The feeling is that of a place almost family run (and I mean it in a positive sense). Atmosphere is in fact very friendly. Christophe is a great instructor and will seriously teach you to dive in full security. So, do not expect any kind of superficial course just because you are on holidays. However, he will also make it fun for you to learn. Equipment is tendecially new and in very good state. Perfect place to learn diving.

2  Thank bruges00