“Will not go back again”
Review of Crown Beach Hotel

Crown Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 49 Mahe Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am writing this review because I was upset over the service of the Crown Beach Hotel.
Always we feel all is well when end is well, but this was not the case with me.

After staying a wonderful six nights at the Constance Ephelia Resort, I choose this Hotel
as it was near to airport and looks excellent from out side. When enquirer about the rate
and facility the staff behavior was excellent and finally I decided to check
into this hotel for 2 nights February 5&6 2014.
As I have an early morning flight 5:30 which I can catch easily from this hotel. Hotel is
Good, rooms are spacious, a small pool, I booked half board, and they don't have buffet
you have to select fm the menu only. Everything was going well till I intimate
hotel staff about my check out.

The first surprise come to me the "Bill" the rate told me was different than the rate they
charged to me. They have added 96 EURO extra in the bill as Tax, where as in
the rate the staff gave me and voucher with me there was no any details about the extra taxes
(They suppose to mention taxes extra). I am with my family in an unknown land my flight
schedule early morning, and that time It was around 11pm, I asked the staff this is my last 6hrs
here supposed I don't have all the money you are charging as the rate mentioned to me
is different, the staff replied that is you problem, not my problem. I asked if you can do
anything then who will solve this problem?. Staff said duty in charge, when I asked I need
to meet your duty in charge now, staff said he is not available now and you can meet
only in day shift. How that was possible my flight was early morning.

Second surprise comes for me when next day morning a I was vacating the room.
They have given a room in 2nd floor the hotel does not have an elevator, I agree to stay
in this room because the hotel staff carried my luggage to the room, when I was
about to check out hotel staff at the reception told me that; you have to carry your
luggage yourself. This kind of service is not at all expected from a hotel industry.

I will not recommend this hotel to any one because we go to hotel for quality and
service which this hotel doesn't have, They have to be more transparent
in their business (especially billing and service). The hotel rates are very high
compare to its standard.

Definitely will not go back again to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank khrawahi

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I just stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and wish that I could stay for another 6.

The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and well equipped. Food in the hotel restaurant is excellent. The staff are superb - everyone is professional, friendly and really go out of their way to make sure that everything is good.

The pool is a little small - but then the glorious beach and the Indian Ocean are only a few metres away, so who needs a swimming pool anyway!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I ve been here for business, everything was perfect. The setting is amazing, the service high level, the food very fine... The bed too big as we need time to go out... Thanks for your service and your friendship...I really recommend this hôtel for people who want to be quiet and feel at home so far from your country ... Keep walking this way... Thx

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

What a fantastic and most fabulous, lovely experience in this new established hotek, it was like being home away from home with it's most very frindly staff with quality services. The Restaurant La Palette ist just exquis.
This is our 4th trip to Seychelles and wie have now adopted "Crown beach Hotel and its staff.
The hotel is nicely situated on the beach with a comfortable and secure enveronment. Our room and bathroom had an aopen ocean view. The beds are most comfortable. The hotel an organize excursions to the other island, fishing trips and a car rentals.
A real and excellent 4star that can got high if they carry on delivering excellent services. Our best holiday in Seychelles ever. This ist our fourth trip to the Seychelles. We will definitely go back next year to celebrate our special wedding anniversary.. This time for an entire 2 to 3 Weeks in our 2nd adopted home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Beautiful new build hotel with seaview and great beach, very clean room,,excellent service,,very good creol food..Will sure return to Seychelles again to the Crow Beach Hotel. Good location, easy access to public transport to Victoria or any where on Mahe with bus stop within few yards from the Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed here three nights as a family of four - the setting is superb, great beach and lagoon area, quick access to other excellent beaches, and restaurants etc. The room was clean and welcoming, and we found the staff to be very accommodating and made us feel right at home, offering very good advice as to places to see and then making the arrangements when and where necessary. We will definitely go back there next trip to Seychelles and recommend it highly to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank leonard k
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I wanted to change my Hotel and location whilst on Mahe Island in the Seychelles to see the other coastline and while driving around the island found this brand new hotel. What a gem. Everything was brand new and the large rooms had very good facilities in them with good quality bedding and excellent bathrooms. I was given a choice of rooms from anything on the top floor .The WiFi was not up and running , nor the Satellite TV ( apart from 2 stations) but I was given a 3G dongle loaded with data to overcome the internet issue and the TV was not important to me anyway. I was made extremely comfortable by the very friendly staff.
The adjoining Beach is not the best on the island, especially at low tide, but is very near superb beaches if you have transport. The hotel provide free water sports equipment including Kayaks and snorkelling equipment and can arrange basically anything you want. The rooms are modern, well decorated and have access to a good balcony, although it is a common balcony which goes round the whole building so there was no individual privacy from the other rooms - Again it didn't matter to me as I was the only guest and I am not sure whether the plan is to erect screens to individually privatise each room's section of balcony, but when the hotel gets busy this would be a necessity for some level of privacy. The hotel is basically on three floors with guest accommodation on the upper two floors. There is no elevator, so it is impractical for people who cannot climb stairs to stay there. The hotel was not officially 'open' during my stay - hence the Wifi and TV issues, although the staff were all in place. The only disappointment for me was the very uninspiring continental breakfast consisting of Toast and Preserves, Cereal and Fruit but no cold cuts or hot options, but again, as I was the the only guest it would seem wrong to overly criticise this, especially as I did receive a discounted price to stay there. The hotel lends itself well to being the perfect place for a large family group or a bunch of friends to book the whole hotel, especially for something like a wedding. There is an excellent small Supermarket and Bottle store across the road. The hotel will go from strength to strength as it 'beds in'. Overall a delight to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo