“Extremely disappointing for the relatively high price.”
Review of Opera Resaurant, Caffe & Bar - CLOSED

Opera Resaurant, Caffe & Bar
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Extremely disappointing for the relatively high price.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I'd go back if I just wanted to eat chips but otherwise, never again.

I ordered Creole style half chicken my partner went for the grilled tuna. Poorly cooked chicken is an understatement, it arrived luke warm and was slightly pink inside. I couldn't fathom how it'd been 'cooked'. Immediately sent back and was asked if I'd also like the tuna. Creole sauce tasted like it was from a jar. Tuna was okay but nothing special, rice was also barely warm and served plain so very bland. God only knows what the chef is upto.

• Visited August 2013

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Horrible food, terrible service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had the displeasure of choosing this poor excuse for a restaurant for dinner one night while in the Seychelles. The drinks were served in good time. However, the food took forever to come. And then it was horrible. A really poor excuse for chicken - way too many bones. Aletta's dinner was equally as bad. The table alongside waited for their bill for 20 minutes. Seeing this we asked for our bill at the same time that the food arrived. This is the first time ever I left a restaurant leaving ZERO tip. I even wrote a note on the back of the bill saying just how bad the place was. I strongly recommend that you do not waste your time by having a meal here. There are far more suitable places around Mahe.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CR_ARNESTAD
London
“If only I had checked Tripadvisor first,”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As in a previous review we ordered Diavola pizza and got a pizza with luncheon meat! The tuna steaks I ordered were terrible and almost enough to put me off tuna steaks for life. The prices were the same as our 5 star resort. 2 of the staff were sour faced never cracking even the smallest smile. When I said at the end of the meal that I thought bread was supposed to come with the soup which came at the same time as the main dishes - she just said yes I'm sorry but obviously wasn't. Seychelles will be improved by this place closing and being replaced with something half decent - the island is too small to have places this bad!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tristan B
Anse Boileau, Seychelles
“Very bad”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Bought pizza at opera
A Diavolla at 120 rupees was supposed to be with salami but instead was luncheon meat. Disgusting.
Phone them for explaination but insist that it is salami.
Dont take people for a fool.
So i went there to see her directly but could not give any explanation.what a shame.
Please dont go there!!!
And very bad service!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Helga D
Seychelles
“Awful Service and experience”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Please avoid this place at all costs!!!
Waited 1 hour for pizzas which never came.
paid for the drinks and went out fuming - no one claimed responsibility...

Daquiri cocktail tasted like lime juice with a feint drop of alcohol.
Messed up the Cuba Libre order...

Paul Lebon - Mason's Travel