“Surprisingly good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Opera Resaurant, Caffe & Bar - CLOSED

Opera Resaurant, Caffe & Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Surprisingly good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Get a large Seybrew on draft with a wonderful wood-fired pizza. We liked the spicy salami with creole sauce pizza. Nice outside venue and you are across the street from a perfect sunset over Anse La Mouche

• Visited November 2011

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overcharged”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

On the 27/08/11, we went to the beach nearby andwe decided to have lunch there, so there 6 of us, 4 adults and 2 children. We ordered 1 hawaian pissa Rs160 , 1 margarita Rs100 , 2 seybrews Rs110, 3 mix juices Rs375. The total came up to Rs765 (euros 47) of receipt no:6926 and sigh by a so called Neddy.

I didn't realised that we were overchanged untill I was go thru my bits it my bag. I think ths Neddy should be sack because, he can't be trusted and I didn't feel like we going back again there. I know there were an italian couple n baby who were having free meals there all the time. Why should other people be overcharged for that. The owner is a good friend to my brother, and I think he should look for trust worthy people to look after his buisness.

my contact: [---] - mail: [---]

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank mjackson1232000
Seychelles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

The restaurant advertises Creole buffet by the sea with games for the kids - we booked a table of 12 on Saturday morning and we were told lunch starts at 1pm. When we got there, not only was there nothing on the sea front but there was no table for us!! The restaurant was already quite full and the staff were not even bothered that we had driven half way across the island for a lunch that they had advertised and we had booked for. Their excuse for not setting up by the sea was that they had worked late the previous evening!! To make matters worse, they eventually tried to cobble a couple of tables (in the sun) for us however when I checked the buffet there was hardly any food left and there was no more coming from the kitchen! In the end we just left and went to Kaz Kreol - I will write a great review for Kaz Kreol who was very accommodating even going to so far as to offer to do a buffet for us!!!!.....

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank CecileSeychelles
Seychelles
“Since it changed management the price has gone up but the food quality and flavour has gone waaaaaaay down.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

We actually live on the island. It used to be our go to restaurant for a decent meal at not sky rocket hotel prices.

Unfortunately since the management has changed hands it has gone on a downward spiral. The service is still at least friendly but the prices have gone up and the food quality has gone waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy down. Tasteless and bland on top of smaller portion sizes.

Basically a rip off. Good example of management gone greedy.

1 Thank Tortuga_Moon
Huddersfield, England
“A Pleasant Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

So many places in the Seychelles have poor service so it is a pleasure to write about somewhere my girlfriend and I enjoyed! We visited the Opera restaurant, having a most pleasant Sunday afternoon. The service was friendly. We had rabbit fish (cordonnier) and tuna steak which were delicious. These came with rice or chips and salad – not particularly interesting, but seems to be typical of how food is often presented here. Whilst waiting for the meal we were given a snack including olives, pineapple. dried banana and thin chips.

A singer with guitar was quite acceptable. A couple of people sang along too. Usually just the mention of karaoke is enough for me to leave a bar but these were not too loud and it was all rather friendly.

Although the sea was just across the road there was no beach to walk on at that point because the sea came up to the trees.

Cost of the 2 meals plus 2 beers and 2 fruit juices 50 euros.