“Very large area”
Review of Constance Ephelia

Constance Ephelia
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Mahe Island
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel area is very large ( two kilometers ) and to go anywhere you need to call a buggy. Somehow it is nice but it is also frustrating to wait a buggy because they all are very busy.
The room was not available at 14.10 when we tried to check in. The check-in time is 14.00. We paid full rate but had to wait one hour to get the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OIT Hotels
1  Thank Matkailija1957
Write a ReviewReviews (3,768)

Reviewed February 8, 2014

. I went for my 50th birthday in Seychelles with my family 8 of us. Very nice. Resort was peaceful, clean and serene environment. Staff very courteous and helpful. Beach very nice. Kiddies club was very good with my 9 year old daughter. She had a lot of fun. We had such wonderful time. We definitely recommend and hope to go back soon for nice break. I give them 9/10. Keep it up.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronke O
EpheliaResort, General Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review regarding your stay at Constance Ephelia.We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Relax,staff very friendly, food excellent, nord beach fantastic,very good music in the night, receptionist and the managers with very good experience , if you want the paradise this is the place but the internet it's very slowly. Thank you

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iroc10

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments on trip advisor .We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us.Should you decide to visit Seychelles again it would our pleasure to have you at Constance Ephelia.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

First of all, show respect to all staff! They are very friendly and very helpful.Nicol responsible at the North Beach is doing a perfect job! Lakpha (houskeeping) is making your stay in the room a very pleasant one, he is from Nepal and very careing. Deejo Sebastian from the Corossol Restaurant is ever so professional, very careing and helpful and supplying a outstanding service.. Debbie (Houskeeping Mgr.) from South Africa is such a good sport. A very friendly Lady who really takes care of all the problems, if any. We enjoyed the conversation with her and hope to see her again next year. The friendly Lady from the guest relation, sorry can't remember here name, is comforting you wherever she can. They all make you feel good! Thanks a lot guys, see you soon.

Room Tip: We had one of the Garden Rooms which are cheaper than the Suites, however they are brandnew and very...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Urs G
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed 10 days this year from 1st of January.
Check inn. We came early, but we asked for early check inn (it was not possible, hotel was fully booked). As we came at 6AM we needed to wait till 14:00. Me and my husband decided to wait in spa they have. And it was good decisions. Check in it total was fine, but receptionist didn't smile, but all procedure was fast. During all our stay the worsted was reception with their service. No smile at all all questions they passed to Guest relation or to someone else.
Room:
Junior suite: pretty nice but we really did not stayed there during all day.
Housekeeping: perfect, all what we needed they helped. One thing: just for better service and security: we shut our key for few times in the room (funny but we had only 1 for a couple) and asked for HK to open the door for us and they did with no questions. I think at least to ask for a name or date of birth or so. It is really far away to walk on reception to ask for another key. But may be the remember us. Who knows.
As I sad, the territory huge and they have shuttle golf cars all over, but sometimes you have to wait for a long time and it is faster to walk. Drivers at most are providing good service,but not all of them.
Service next to be swimming pool is perfect.
SPA absolutely great service. Ling is providing very good and polite service and all of them trying to do the best. I don't remember name of their manager but as I sow how he is communicating with guests and also with us I can tell that they are making at most perfect place in this hotel.
Restaurant: Japan restaurant with 2 waiters. Horrible service but not bad food.
Breakfast: normal nothing special but in same restaurant very good buffet dinner. Service at breakfast could be better. Not all of them speaks English. Restaurant with national food. Not good service.
Very good choice of wine. Good somilier.
Adam and Eve restaurant: nice place for dinner not bad food could be better service. Uncomfortable that instead of floor there is sand.
Beach: very good but some times slowly service. Always problems with towels but they are trying.
Other: As I wrote very huge territory and very interesting. Good water activities you can find what you want, you can order helicopter, but on the receptions seems the knows nothing about this service.
We found one lade who seems to be smart on the reception and willing: Clodet, I think. Sorry don't remember her name.
Check out: fast
Transfer: don't ask them for this service. They have no their cars so the have agreement with some travel agent and this travel agent has pick up service. Old cars not careful drivers.

It is not One&Only hotel but it is very nice place to stay. Better service then in One&Only I haven't seen yet.
I would recommend this hotel if you are not pretending on perfect service.
Another thing: This hotel is full of Russians.

Room Tip: Ask for 100, 200, 300 Junior suites blocks they are on comfortable place and nice area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy Z
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights & I must say I was a bit apprehensive when I booked to stay here as some reviews have complained about its location. But my travel agent assured me it was the best & I won't be disappointed. He was so right. We stayed in Junior suites & my God they were so luxurious, spacious & comfortable. The Resort is huge & you'll never get bored as there is so much to do. There is a buggy shuttle service for the convenience of the hotel guests. We even walked a couple of times from south to north & it wasn't bad. The north beach is beautiful & shops at the resort have good variety. The food was beautiful & a different theme was offered every night at various restaurants within the resort. The staff were very courteous & service was excellent. Champagne on arrival & on the last night a beautiful thank you note with a little gift & a floral warm spa bath was made for us after we returned to our room from dinner. I had never experienced a service like this. It was just beautiful. There are many pools at the resort so you get to enjoy a lot of "me" time at your pool which I really loved. There were a number of tour agents at the resort to help you organise sightseeing trips. We hired a chauffeur to take us on day trip of the capital Victoria & it was worth it. I would highly recommend Constance Ephelia!

• Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank R_Eleena2013
EpheliaResort, General Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Constance Ephelia for your recent stay at Seychelles.We are delighted to know that you truly enjoyed your stay.
We sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our hotel and services. Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration.
Hope you will plan a return visit soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is nice, it might even be seen as very good, as long as you compare it to 4 star hotels or other 5 stars that do not make the list of fantastic.

I currently stay here, having moved over from its sister hotel, Lumeria, on Praslin. It is not the hotel manager's fault that the hotel and beach is not as beautiful as Lumeria, nor that the Constance group sees 100m away from the beach as adequately referred to in terms of 'sea facing'. However, the buck stops with the manager on the following issues
1. Checking in takes 15 to 20 minutes longer than at Lumeria
2. Lumeria automatically provides international adaptors. Here I had to ask 3 times for one.
3. My hot water here was luke warm. When I complained it took the maintenance guy one valve to adjust, so why had it wrong at all?
4. Being here on my silver anniversary, the hotel gave me a complimentary bottle of shamps. Thanks guys, next time just give me champs glasses as well please.
5. For my special dinner they promised to send me a golfcart 5 to 7. At 10 past I had to phone.
6. On arrival I chose the wine.......and waited for them to find wine glasses
7. Boy o boy did I enjoy my food, untill I thought of the special dinner at Lumeria at a far cheaper price with much better food.
8. Next day I booked a massage making use of the special 30% discount voucher given to me on arrival, valid if used in the first two days.......sorry Sir, this is only valid if used in the middle of the day.
9. Last night I decided to make use of their advertised happy hour where drinks are priced at 50%........sorry sir, as you can be seen in the small print it does not cover selected drinks, and wine is a selected drink.
10. Dont ask for what is available at Lumeria e.g. Rooibos tea, Sauvignon Blanc wine etc

Mr Manager, how do you intend to deal with this and bring your hotel up to the same standard of Lumeria?

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Coral Strand Smart Choice Hotel Seychelles
Kempinski Seychelles Resort
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Silhouette Island

Been to Constance Ephelia? Share your experiences!