My family and I spent 7 nights at Constance Ephelia in June. My kids are aged between 3 and 9. We opted for a Family Villa and we were not dissapointed. The 3 bedroom villa was very spacious and easily accomodated the 5 of us. The villa also has its own private swimming pool, which was a bonus for the younger kids. The Family Villas are situated relatively close to the North Beach (3-5min walk). Each villa has a dedicated villa host, which you can call for anything you require.
The resort itself is vast and travelling between the beaches, restaurants and activities can be a little frustrating (particularly if you have young kids). The resort does have shuttles running between the South side and the North side and you can ask you villa host to pick you up/drop you off at various destinations but there is usually a bit of a wait involved. The North beach is the more popular beach as it is more picturesque and less windy than the South Beach. The South Beach however is very shallow and is more popular with people with very young kids as well as canoeists.
The Kids Club (situated on the South side)was very popular with the kids. The Club prepared a timetable of activities for the week and the kids were able to choose the activities that appealed to them. Activities included music, art, games, sport and excursions.
The resort offers various activities on site - enough to keep you busy for a week! We did snorkeling in the marine reserve, a helicopter ride around the island, hikes around the resort and boat rides amongst other things. They also offer things like ziplining and rock climbing, which we unfortunately could not fit into our schedule.
The are several restuarants on site specialising in various cuisine from Creole to Chinese and there is also a fine dining option. The quality in the main buffet restuarant (Carrousel) was OK (It offers a large enough variety of options though). All the restuarants had a kids menu, which inluded kid friendly fare (Pizza, burger, nuggets, etc) and my kids were very happy with their food options for the week. My wife and I preferred the Chinese restaurant (Adam and Eve) over the other restaurants - The food was much better than the other restaurants.
Overall, a very enjoyable and relaxing holiday. I would definately go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island