This hotel with it's huge territory gives best of Seychelles: plenty of beaches, natural variety, relaxation.
Many of reviews here are exaggerations either into one or another direction.
Constance Ephelia is quiet reasonable resort, but it's main asset is nature. Judging by Junior Suit it's not luxury resort, but good 4.5* resort.
Depending on your activities you can find not only North beach with it's easily accessible snorkelling and South with shallow water but as well Lans Anglais with bigger waves, 3-4 small secluded beaches on both sides of North and one accessible only by trail from hillside villas. Here is even one nice beach 15 minutes walk to left from North gate outside hotel (opposite direction 5 min is local shop where for SCR 15 you get 1l of drinking water).
We were living in Junior suite (2+child) and it was reasonably large, well designed in minimalist style. Only beware from bedside lamps- you can easily hit them with head and they are made from iron.
We had ground floor and where satisfied because didn't have to worry about child taking stairs. I saw so few people from terrace that didn't feel bothered.
If you want to be easy walking distance (don't forget it gets really hot around noon) from main activities, ask for suites 1xx or 4xx. 2xx and especially 3xx are father away- you will need either to walk a lot or every time look for buggy.
As most people are expected to go to beaches not much attention is given to pools- they are well tiled, but shallow and simple, water getting hot in afternoon.
Being with child we usually went for diner to Corossol, where buffet was plentiful with good selection of french style desserts. Every day it had some theme, like Creole, Aqua, Indian, etc. Pity that very tasty Creole salads we had only once per week.
Choice was much more limited for breakfast. My recommendation- pancakes and omelettes. Unfortunately fruit selection was quite limited for such location.
Once we tried Cyann and food and atmosphere there was really good, not like Adam&Eve where we once had lunch and it was not value for money.
If you are not on half-board count on additional EUR 70-100 ppn for diner.
Service level in general was good and most of personal was friendly and cheerful.
Here is free wi-fi, albeit quite slow and almost not accessible after 6 p.m. We went to kids club as well but it gets quite hot here around noon.
Those who don't have late check-out but have flights at night can use departure lounge with good showers and computers, but weak air conditioning. We had late check-out in our package (if available) and transfer at 21.15 but didn't get it because of "fully booked hotel"(truthfulness we could not check), so had to use this facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island