Constance Ephelia
$890
$676
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove(Bel Ombre)
$354
  • Pool
$408
$221
AVANIhotels.com
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
$364
$267
Agoda.com
3,935 results
All reviewssouth beachjunior suiteadam evehalf boardzip linerock climbingzee bareve restaurantcyann restaurantspa villalarge resortour honeymoonfamily villadrinks are expensivemain buffetdress codelow tide
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful resorts I have stayed at, but it lacks the attention to detail I expect from a 5-star/very expensive property. I stayed in late February when the temps were 30C or just over (90F+). I booked a Junior Suite with Half-Board through the property's website. They are located on the south beach side of the property, and each grouping has its own pool. They are conveniently located to the Adam & Eve Restaurant (recently switched to Chinese cuisine without a name change) and Corrosol Restaurant (excellent buffets). My room was large, attractive enough, and had the necessary amenities, or at least most of them. I arrived on a Thursday, and departed the following Monday. I had face clothes on Thursday, they disappeared with housekeeping on Friday morning, and I didn't receive more until Sunday night. I had a soap dish, but no soap in it until Sunday night. There was always an excellent supply of bath towels, bath/shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. The towels were good quality and soft. I used the online concierge when I booked and made spa appointments, pillow menu requests, and requested the mini-bar be emptied (per the offer to do so on the website). The only aspect handled were the spa appointments. There were feather pillows on the bed (I'm allergic) and the mini-bar was full. It took until almost 9:00 pm for housekeeping to bring the pillows, and I ended up emptying the mini-bar myself. Despite leaving everything on the desk for housekeeping, and clearly my fruit and water were in the fridge, they simply left everything on the desk for two days.

The biggest problem was the ceiling fan. It barely moved despite having five speed settings. It couldn't have blown a two-inch square of tissue paper off the bed without significant assistance. This was in marked contrast to the ceiling fan on the balcony which could have paced an F1 race car and created an extraordinary breeze. Numerous calls to request maintenance resulted in the same excuse every time: That's as fast as the fan will go. The high speed on the a/c was also weak and didn't cool the room. The only way to get cool was to stand directly in front of it (by the desk in the bathroom doorway). I spent four nights barely sleeping because the room was so hot, and got to pay $771/night for the privilege. There was a bolster on the bed that was just ratty. The fabric had peeled off in many places and every time I moved it, left pieces behind on the bedspread. There were stains on the furniture cushions out on the porch.

The spa is beautiful and the therapists are lovely and kind, but I wasn't able to get a lacquer manicure and pedicure, just standard polish (which despite care was already chipped when I departed and is a total disaster a week later). The facial was wonderful and my skin felt great. I also had an excellent haircut by Angel. The prices are overblown for what's on offer.

All restaurants except Cyann are included on the half-board program. Corrosol is the only one which opens earlier than 7:00 pm (they start serving at 6:30 pm, more or less). They have buffets for both breakfast and dinner, which were delicious with offerings from meat to vegetarian and halal. There is fresh fruit at both meals. (I did not eat lunch at the resort.) As other reviewers have noted, the restaurants do have a dress code.

There are golf cart shuttles to take guests from one side of the resort to the other, and any place in between. They run approximately every 10 minutes according to the hotel information, but I waited 20+ minutes several times to get a cart from my suite to reception and the spa. It is a very easy walk from the junior suites (I was at the southern-most group) to both Adam & Eve, Corrosol, and reception if you go along the front of suites instead of on the road.

Parking is available and free. I had no trouble with the rental car and finding places to park. The valets will also park the car for guests.

Internet is free, but spotty. At certain times of day it disappeared altogether (I rarely could connect in the mornings, for example), and I had the best luck around 3:00 pm despite the suggestion from the hotel that 5:00-10:00 pm was the best time.

I will look for a better value next trip.

Room Tip: The balcony units have the best views; the south side is quieter and the beach much more private.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Love4Eire
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed in a 3-bedroom family villa, and got un upgrade to half board.
The villa had 2 bicycles when we arrived, and they got 2 more when we asked for more.
The problem with bicycles is that they were too high, my mom and I couldn't ride any, and when we asked for "medium-sized" ones, they said they don't have much and they'll provide us 2 when certain guests check out. 2 days after, I asked them and I've been told that the guests exteneded their stay, and all the other bicycles they have can't be used.

Also, there were dogs who move around from south beach to north beach and vise versa. When I told the reception, they said that the dogs come everyday, but "she will tell the security guys", we left the resort and the dogs are still there.
I don't understand how a 5-star resort allows such thing to happen. It really annoyed me because I don't like dogs and a dog ran toward me when I was at the north beach.

The Chef's Buffet night at Corossol was bad because the food was cooked with wine and we are Muslims and don't drink.

Other than all those complains, we loved the resort so much, very family oriented and the family villa is really big and comfortable for a family of 5 persons. We loved the beach, and the fact that almost everything in the Boat House can be used for free for the resort's guests until 5 pm. This includes the kayak boat, Pedal boat, and snorkeling tools.

The food was good but not great, the best buffets in Corossol were the Indian and Arabic. We had dinner at Helios restaurant, the Italian buffet was nice, I loved this restaurant more than Corossol because it's smaller and not very crowded.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, even when we walk and there's a club car on the way, they stop and ask if we need a ride.

Overall, we loved the resort, and we think we would come back to it one day.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our second hotel in our two leg trip to the Seychelles. Our first hotel was the Hilton Labriz - read my review. My husband (and I) work long hours and all through weekends to see the world, and this holiday was my dream since I was a young child. My mum told me only millionaires went to the Seychelles back in the late eighties, and I was finally going - certainly not as millionaires, but a very fortunate family of three. Therefore, the choice to make Ephelia our finale of the trip meant a lot.

Booked half board, understood that it was a vast resort hotel and totally fell for the good reviews on TA. Check in takes you into their zen-like reception area, all water areas and uniformed staff to greet. We don't get put off with fancy facades as we've been everywhere on every level. We were quite excited to see where the more expensive half of our trip was going. Taken to our room, it was clear that we were in the South beach area of the resort, so no plunge pools here. The room, a junior suite and their cheapest offering, was merely a room. Having been spoilt with an entire villa for less money on Silhouette, it was extremely hard to hide my disappointment from husband. Daughter was impressed with the Smart tv but I couldn't help notice that the bathroom, living area and bed was kind of all in one small room.

Thinking Hey Ho, crack on with it, we then found the safe to need sorting, the air con was too warm and they had even left a travel cot as my 11 year olds bed for the week... The Constance chain obviously love a telephone call - did someone come to fix the air con/safe/remove cot? Yes, but still had ongoing probs with safe and aircon. Everyone was really helpful but it put a dark cloud over an expensive week.

One thing to surely brighten our view would be the beaches. Not so. Whomever is paying to stay at this resort and telling friends that they loved it, is obviously not bothered by the Seychelles worst beaches!! South beach: dank, not turquoise, infiltrated by waters from mangrove areas - seriously, it's gutting to see. Some people didn't seem to mind, but it's clearly more mangrove water than refreshing turquoise oceans. North beach: looked like an Ibizan bay (love Ibiza by the way, but not what I've travelled 23 hrs to see!). Still not a Seychelles picture-postcard beach, and ruined with water sports stuff.

I felt so short-changed that I went to the manager. I kind of understood that it was beyond his power to change the beaches, but I thought he'd see my desperation and do something. We went on a trip to North beach and he offered my family the next suite up. No plunge pool, no swimming pools in North beach area unless you paid loads for the suites. My daughter loves a swimming pool, especially if the beach isn't up to scratch, so I declined. The manager was very kind and we were given a late check-out (til 5pm) and a free lunch at Helios (only one sift drink each though!). I just felt that if the staff knew how stunning Labriz was, and how much beauty you got for your money, they would understand.

Pools were nice but quiet, and didn't get 5 star service. When will these hotels get the little touches right? Iced face cloths, jugs of iced water and frozen grapes aren't hard to do. Towards end of the week, we got fruit kebabs. Didn't ever sit by the beaches. Hired a car to see the island and it's stunning beaches - so many, you want to sit on all of them but it's just not feasible!! Car hire was cheap and in reception area of hotel.

No more moaning! The staff were all very lovely and particular mentions to the bar staff (again, we made use of this hotels' happy hour (only one hour however, not 3 like previous stay). Bar area had entertainment mist nights, and was far busier than our previous hotel. We preferred the nightlife here but at the same time, we didn't find the distance covered some nights when travelling up to North beach acceptable because a bar we'd gone to was closed to the guests and then having to wait for a buggy to go back to South beach again.

Bikes!!! With a vast resort like this, I think everyone should be given a bike to sit outside their room. We were not told where to hire one from, and felt like those of you stuck in the South beach area were definitely not considered special.

Breakfast was ok, but I only eat fruit. Husband said it was nice but nothing great. The muesli had chocolate pieces in it, but the fruit juices were nice. Dinner was ok, but in such a vast resort, it felt extremely cafe-diner-esque. Lunches in Helios were ok, but just felt like the hot plates were what you got at a Department store restaurant. Seselwa dinner was very simple and nice, but not really special enough to be non-buffet. We did not eat in Cyan - perhaps because we got fed up with the whole booking, moving around and previous experiences. Adam &Eve had opened as a Chinese restaurant on our last two nights. A nice change, but we were seriously missing our preferred spicy Thai and Indian food.

In all, I can't imagine why you would spend so much money and flight time to say that you have been to the Seychelles and stay here. I am going to go against the grain and say no thanks!!! We weren't concerned about the pricey side - all hotels here are pricey - but we did need to wake up every morning and need to go Wow!!! We didn't here.

Seriously, staff who are all wonderful, pool bar guys were great too made our time more enjoyable. Hugo who greeted us, and the kind manager who tried so hard to improve our experience. It just seems like I could have been anywhere affordable in Europe rather than the end of a ten grand stay in my dream location.

Room Tip: Unless you can afford the big suites with pools on North side, I have no recommendations other than 164 on South side was only seconds walk to choice of two pools, main Zee bar, buffet, and Helios.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Rosiek28
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Before coming here I was reading many reviews about it and found some very negative. Now I know , once I was staying there for two weeks that it was the best choice for vacation I ever made and I'm a little bit disapointed that I was visiting so many places before and didn't come to Seychelles earlier ...
Hotel is outstanding , food great ( they got french pastry staff and my favourite chocolate has excellent taste of chocolate not this very popular synthetic sweet something...) , accomodation and service met all our demands. It's true that this place is rather expensive but I believe nobody who goes there thinks it isn't ( some comments on Trip.com were negative because guests found this place expensive) For these I got answer if you like service on this level it will never be the same price like hotels in Maroco or Egypt... Truely I recomend this place to everyone who looks for beutifull weather , lots of atractions and 5+ star hotel.

Room Tip: After first night I asked guest service to change my room 344 because I found it located to far from breaffast buffet and kids club and tortoisse place so with no problem they offered me room 411 which is in perfect location. All suites staring with 4.. are great , close to fittness , SPA , with view on the beach and swinming pool.Of course you can choose one of the senior suites but in my opinion they are not so nicely located.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place was paradise. The bungalow rooms were amazing. With all the lovely amenities and little cakes to welcome you.
We had our own private pool and it was nice taking a dip after dinner at the buffet on the beach. Its a short walk to the aqua blue beach and white sands.The staff were very helpful and friendly. Would definately come back again.

• Stayed: November 2012