My family, which includes three teenagers, spent one week at this resort in a beach villa. The property is located about 45 minutes from the airport on a large plot of land with two beaches, intact rain forest and landscaped gardens. Our villa was clean and comfortable with lovely linens, 5 star bathrooms and excellent audio visual equipment including free movies and lots of music which my kids appreciated. The north beach is one of the most beautiful beaches I've seen anywhere. The snorkelling was excellent, the sailing quite challenging in the bay and the beach breathtakingly beautiful. We tried paddle boarding and kayaking in this bay and saw turtles, rays and reef sharks as well as many types of fish. Kayaking in the mangroves was also interesting as we learned a lot about this specialized ecosystem. A very pleasant surprise were two short hikes on the property; one to a deserted beach and the other to stunning cliffs with steps carved down to the sea. The forest is pristine and very wild. We didn't expect to see such interesting plants and birds in this location. We also did some rock climbing and zip lining, again on site which was fun and educational. Food was good and plentiful although nothing exceptional. We only ate one meal at the main restaurant as it felt a bit industrial serving so many people. We found the service excellent throughout our stay. If we asked for anything staff went out of their way to help. The staff is very international which helped ensure that specific needs could be met. We visited the spa and used the onsite gym / squash court which were both very well designed. Service in the spa was super but the treatments are quite pricey.
One disadvantage is that the resort is spread over quite a large area. We used bicycles to get around which was convenient and easy for my family as we all ride regularly. There are shuttle buses (golf carts) for those people who do not ride bikes but this may discourage people from moving around the resort. My teenagers also said they missed motorized activities in the ocean which are not possible as the resort is in / near a marine park. While in the Seychelles we visited another beach and ate at a couple of places outside of the resort. It was good to learn more about Mahe but the best of what we saw was on site at Constance Ephelia. I would highly recommend this resort to other families or couples. It is fine for solo travellers although there was not much interaction between guests even in the bars
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island