We stayed at Ephelia in April, celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary and we enjoyed it very much. It was a good choice to pick this hotel, even though many of the reviews here were not in favor of this hotel.
We stayed in a junior suite close to Adam and Eve restaurant and to the pool. The room was very big with a nice big bathroom and a great balcony with comfortable sofa and armchairs. We used it especially in the evening, enjoying a glass of wine and a good book.
The resort is huge, but we liked walking from one side to the other, after dinner. Gym is good, spa is fantastic. We had two massages and two treatments done and we felt like babies after. They have a beautiful pool, steam room, jacuzzi at the spa, make use of them; it's very quiet and entrance is free. Lemonade was a good treat.
The resort has two beautiful beaches, one in the south and one in the north. We only visited the one in the north, it seemed a bit too crowded for us (locals go there too). We preferred to stay on the south one, to relax. This one is shallow, so if you want to swim I do not recommend it. Didn't make use of the swimming pools at all. We hired a car (which is quite expensive if you book it at the hotel) and visited the island and the beaches. Beautiful landscapes along the road, Grand Anse beach is the one we loved.
The four restaurants at Ephelia are very good, but very expensive. Seselwa was our favorite. Lots of food at breakfast, but no fresh exotic juices as we had expected in such a location. Water is outrageously expensive in the resort's restaurants. A good option for lunch, as we were driving around, was to stop at local restaurants where food is good and also cheap.
Service is extremely poor, they usually don't notice you entering the restaurant and it takes a while until you get acknowledged. They continue chatting, not caring about their guests. We arranged with the waiter to set a table for us and when we were back with the food somebody else was sitting at that table. It happened to us not once. Trainings should be done urgently to these people, they work in a 5* hotel!
The hotel offers lots of trips, we picked two by boat, one of them being to Praslin and la Digue. La Digue is paradise, with superb beaches.
All in all, we enjoyed staying at Ephelia. We wanted to extend our stay, but unfortunately nothing was available at that time. So we booked 2 nights at le Meridien Barbarons which proved to be a bad idea. The resort and the rooms looked old and tired, the food was not appealing at all. If you might think Ephelia has the worst service, go to Barbarons, definitely you'll change your mind. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island