“A good place for family, friends and a big group - good location”

Reef Holiday Apartments
Zurich
“A good place for family, friends and a big group - good location”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a mixed experience..
We booked a 3 bedrooms apartment.. However we had to change the very next day since the pressure in the shower was so less that it took 45 minutes to shower.. EACH OF US!
HOWEVER.. Rose May, the manager was quick in reacting and we were shifted to another room next day where the shower was slightly better...
This is a self catered apartment. Kitchen is very well equipped! There is also a grill next to the pool..
Pool needs to be cleaned! I would suggest to go across the road and take a dip in the ocean.. Its a lot better...

I would give FULL MARKS to the staff.. They do their best and are extremely helpful and friendly!

Room Tip: two tips: 1) Check the shower pressure before you take the room. 2) Make sure you sleep in the room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
reefholiap, Manager at Reef Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your stay in the Seychelles! It was indeed our pleasure to host you.

We extend our apologies once more for the inconvenience caused with the water pressure, and I am glad to see you were pleased with the second apartment. We value your feedback about the swimming pool - rest assured that this will also be addressed.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our team members! We pride ourselves in making each and every guest feel special during their holiday with us.

Finally from the entire team at Reef Holiday Apartments, we extend our warmest regards and look forward to having you for your next visit to the islands!

Sunny regards from Seychelles,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The staff at Reef were very kind and helpful when I was asking about buses around the island. Furthermore it was my birthday about 2 weeks after I stayed here and they sent me an email, which was so kind! There was a bus stop outside and it was easy to travel all around by bus, rather than renting a car. I booked an airport taxi when I arrived but it is no distance and I could easily have got a bus for 25p! If you come out of the airport and turn either R or L there are bus stops clearly marked, about 20m from the airport. My room was very large and I was impressed by the kitchen and bathroom size also. There have been reviews complaining about the noise but the manager told me they try to put people in the rooms furthest from where the noise concentrates. It's hard to do but to be honest, with the buzz of the air con I didn't really feel disturbed by it and I am an extremely poor sleeper. I don't think I would want to spend my whole holiday there as you need to walk/ bus to Grand Anse for restaurants but it is a convenient start/ stop point for your holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
reefholiap, Manager at Reef Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your stay on Mahe! The team and I appreciate the time you took to write your review and share your feedback.

It was a pleasure having you with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that the guest room pleased you.

We do hope that you choose us once more for your next stay to the Seychelles - we would be happy to welcome you back!

Very warm regards,

China
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This apartment is perfect for a night or two of stopover at Mahe before your plan is to stay in Praslin or La Digue for the rest of your holiday in Seychelles.

It's close to airport, and there's a few stores nearby.

The rooms are basic but very tidy, and everything you need is equipped.

The management is nice and helpful.

This place is especially good for family travellers who do self-catering, such as us. We love the big kitchen, fully equipped cookwares, and spacious living room with tables and chairs.

Room Tip: There's a 3-bedroom apartment that only has one bathroom. Try avoid this one if you don't wa...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank nzm8qs
reefholiap, Manager at Reef Holiday Apartments, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor, and thank you for choosing us for your stay in the Seychelles - we truly appreciated having you with us!

We are very pleased that you liked your apartment, and your positive comments have been shared with all members of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property!

lukovica
Reviewed November 13, 2010

the best thing is location - just a few km from the airport. So it is perfect for the first or last days on Seychelles. Apartments are big, with a kitchen, send beach is just acros the road. It is nice for sunbathing but the water is not deep - perfect for children. I more enjoyed small pool at the motel. You will hardly see any stuff but everything runs perfectly.
There is a small store not far and also buses stop near. Ana a small crafts center about one kilometer away...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple