“In response to "Disappointed" dated August 29, 2011” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Acra Manor Resort & Hotel

Acra Manor Resort & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Acra
Milton, Pennsylvania
“In response to "Disappointed" dated August 29, 2011”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was very suprised at this review as I recomended it to 4 other families and they have been going back for the last 4 years after trying other places in the Catskills. We have been coming to Acra Manor for 6 years on recomendation from my aunt and I cant thank her enough. My kids and my husband and I have a blast with Larry and Sammy. Its like coming home to family. Thats what my kids keep telling me. The staff are very friendly and accomadating. Kids are kept busy with activities all day and the parents are kept busy with the adult social director. No other place in the Catskills have 3 social directors. One for the little ones, one for the kids, and one for the adults. Yeah Pollaces has a social director for kids 10 and under and al I heard the year we went was I'm bored all day long which made me miserable. My motto is, if the kids are happy then the parents are happy. The place is never dead, always alive with activities all day long. Breakfast did have the same thing every day, and so did Pollaces and all the other resorts. If you want your eggs made differently all you needed to do was ask. Breakfast was a buffe so I dont know how you could be hungry after eating. We had a lite snack to hold us or we ordered hamburgers or hotdogs from the grill or just ordered a pie.So what if there were no olives or pickles, the food was so good who would want olives or pickles. You dont get that at Pollaces either. Whenever I asked for a glass of milk, we got it at the snack bar. Sodas at Acra Manor are 50 cents and $1.00 at Pollaces. Yes the food sometimes did take a while to come out but it was very well worth the wait and after all you are getting 4 courses. So you had to keep the young ones entertained for a while. I always asked that their food be brought out first so they ate and went out to play.he room. After all there were 4 courses and half the time we were stuffed we boxed the food up and took it bak to tThe outdoor barbecue was great. There was a selection and the taste was delicious.Both places had the same deserts every night. I can't complain about the taste of the food at either place because they were both excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable. What place in the Catskills doesnt have rooms that smell musty, they all do. There isnt one exception. We had clean and friendly service, the food was very good. Acra Nanor is our home away from home, so if you are looking for clean accomodations, activities all day long for any age, fun, relaxation, quality time with the family, great food Acra Manoris the place to come. No mind me this is just my opinion, you should really come and check it out for yourself. We took the chance after reading some reviews and hit the jackpot.

Room Tip: poolside was the best for us just 10 steps from door to pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank 7mommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our family reunion is a great success every year due to the hospitality and convenience that Acra Manor has to offer. It was our 5th consecutive year gathering at the Manor and gets better every year !!!!! The grounds are immaculate, the rooms are comfortable, the hot tub is hot, the pool is warm, and the kiddie pool is a delight for the kids( and helps the parents to relax). The breakfast is delicious ( very pleasantly served along side the indoor pool). The staff is very helpful and friendly. The owners are extremely pleasant and willing to make our stay as comfortable as possible. . The activities are never ending: fully equipped fitness room, pool table, ping-pong,shuffle board, bocci ball,horse shoes,tennis,basket ball court,hand-ball court,foosball table.video games, and free wi-fi. . The activities off-site are also aplenty: hiking,fishing,mt.biking,mineral springs,discounted horse-back riding,restaurants and festivals of all varieties. . I have 2 early teen daughters who still look forward to this weekend. Renewing friendships that they have developed over the years with others their age whose families are also repeaters. . I guess my brother said it best when he describes our annual weekend every year,"Acra Manor is like an extension of his backyard with unlimited activities on-hand. We all feel safe and secure and welcome every time we come back. Home away from home"!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank miketouchofclass128
Rotterdam, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just got married May 13, 2012. The price could not be beat, I looked around, for what you get for the price. Had a great day for the wedding at their gazebo. The staff was wonderful and very involved. I had no clue what to do; Jim and John did a great job to make my day perfect. They were very patient with me before, during and after the wedding. Very willing to answer any questions I had. Everything was wonderful, including the food, accommodations, cocktail hour, and reception. The coffee shop the next morning was perfect as well. We plan on coming back to celebrate our first anniversary during the summer season. I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy D
Ravena, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Recently had our wedding there. October 22, 2011. It was awesome. The staff was friendly, courtesy, and willing to help out with anything. The owners were awesome when it came to me asking them tons of questions. The food was phenominal. Our ceremony was outside at their gazebo , cocktail inside around the indorr pool . Dinner time was great. Very accomodating to everyone. The bartenders were also exceptional. After the formal party we all hung around outside near the rooms and it was fun. The price was great . I would recommend this to any couple planning on getting married soon.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter where you get a room, they are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Adeline D
shirley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

We won the trip for the weekend and had a great time. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The food was wonderful, and their are alot of attractions in the area. I would gladly return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bonillapal
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here for 5 days. The rooms were OK. Larry & Sammy, the activities leaders, were great keeping things going for the kids and adults as much as possible. It was pretty dead there during the week. My biggest disappointment was the food. I felt like the breakfast buffet (always the same scrambled eggs, bacon, little ham pieces, potatoes and alternating between pancakes and French toast) was boring and being rationed. The "store-bought" cakes were cut into the smallest pieces I've every seen. Cold cereal was put out in bowls and if not taken put back into the containers for the next day. No lunch included which we knew but thought that after a big breakfast a snack would hold us until dinner --- Ha Ha. The offering to purchase lunch was even more minimal and not the outdoor BBQ that the brochure advertised -- one day we even went to McDonald's. The food we got at dinner was good -- not 4 course meal with pasta every night like the brochure said-- no salad bar (we love salad) and the time we spent in the dining room trying to get through dinner with kids was wayyyyy tooooo long. The nightly dessert offered was less than minimal--no variety. I even think that one night the strawberry shortcake (which was cut in 1/2" slices) was left over. No offer of milk for kids, just water and you could buy soda and I think lemonade. The International buffet night was BBQ chicken & ribs, corn on the cob, rice and salad (already in the little bowl, no olives, pickles, chick peas, etc.). I did talk with someone who has been there several times before and she was quite surprised this year as she said in the past that the food was more plentiful. Acra Manor did not make a good first impression and I think if we're looking for this type of vacation with the kids, we would vote to go back to Pollace's in Catskill, NY where we went last year -- very slightly more money but we had three meals a day including a dessert cart of choices, an extra large lobby area for gathering and a large screen TV to watch, coffee/tea/cookies any time day and night, late night snack, pond on property to paddle boat or fish (we had to drive to a campground area to use the lake and Acra only has one row boat so we had to rent others), and I really felt that the owner's at Pollace's were more friendly. Oh well, you can't have an opinion until you try somewhere--so we tried and this is my opinion.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank safsew
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

Acra manor is a very nice family oriented place, to spend quality time with family and friends. All the staff is friendly and nice. We do activities such as kickball,stickball,horseback riding, waterpark, pool volley ball,volleyball, karaoke, softball, paint balling, and so much more!!! This is a great place to come to relax and just have a great time!

Room Tip: The motel are great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Britt H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Acra
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#2 of 4 in Round Top
Four Seasons Motel
Four Seasons Motel
#6 of 9 in Catskill

Been to Acra Manor Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!