“Very disappointing!”

Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
belfast
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We spent 4 nights here as part of my husbands big birthday celebrations and although the room had amazing views, which I had paid extra for, balcony with seaview. The staff were very rude! There was only nice person on the desk the whole time we were there. They had an outdoor unused pool, the breakfast was terrible! The fruit was tinned peached and pineapples everyday! The standard for this hotel is NOT 4 star! Our room was very clean but bit outdated!. I was disappointed! People just seem to use this hotel for overnight stays while on tours! We never saw many other guests!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent one night at the hotel. We had room for 3 (kind of a suite) with a small balcony and a beautiful view of the Sea of Galilee. The room was fairly clean. The elevator did not reach our floor therefor we had to carry our luggage part of the way in the stairs. I assume,though, that the elevator do reach most of the hotel floors.
The staff was kind and helpful.
We had three meals. For lunch we ordered one dish of tuna salad and one dish of vegetables salad and an omelette. The meal was extremely expensive (90 NIS which is about $24) and uneatable. We more or less left it on the table.
For dinner we had a full meal in the hotel's dinning room. The cold dishes were nice, but the hot ones were of a very low quality. The meal cost 120 NIS per person. (One can get much better food for less in one of the city's restaurants).
Breakfast was included in the room's price. Remarks about dinner are also applicable for this meal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Yifat B
Long Beach, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at the Golan Hotel as part of a tour booked with Gate 1. The view was incredible. I was celebrating my anniversary and the hotel sent a fruit plate and a really lovely pastry plate and a lovely letter congratulating me. This hotel was one of three hotels on my tour in Israel. I appreciated the gym, and the piano music in the lobby in the evening. The breakfasts were kind of lacking if you are looking forward to an American style breakfast. The service at breakfast was kind of rough. The manager seemed to have a tough time when the room got very crowded accommodating all the patrons. Don't bother buying the wi fi if you are planning on sitting in your room.. it doesn't work any where but in the lobby. It was an issue for me since I kept in touch with home via skype, The rooms and views made up for many other issues..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were with a 18 person group and we were given a suite. It was a wonderful room with 2 seperate rooms. My sister was able to get a good night's sleep. The food that was sewrved was stupendous. Therre were 20 different salads, 5 entries, 5 different breads amnd 5 different sweets. I would go back to this place in a heart beat.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacky F
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is a hotel that I say is an "experience" stay. Don't go for luxury or high thread count sheets. Go because you have a breathtaking view of the sea of Galilee, and it is a good price. Great place for people to stay who have never been to Israel. Incredible views.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Harmonicabluesman
Legazpi
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Being a part of a pilgrimage group of around 40 pax ( last May 2010), checking-in into this medium-sized hotel can be a mess...but the reception did manage the check-in procedure well. Immediately , they served a welcome drink. The lobby (70's design ) allows in, the cool weather and the open patio shows the glimmering Sea of Galilee, just a wonderful welcome. Rooms were average though, small and basic toiletries, no coffee/tea... but again since we got a room facing the sea, my room-mate and I had a great time meditating before sleeping and upon waking up.
Because of the hotel's size, going up & down wasn't much of a problem ( I like taking the stairs).like when I have to get a cup of hot water or a hair-blower from the front desk (available upon request...but they don't have much...so one has to wait if ....Ugh ! ).
The frontdesk people were friendly, except the bellboy/roomboy, who's been banging our luggages.It was a bit annoying but it did happen too on the next hotel we've checked in, more so at the airport and at the border in Amman...Oh well !
Breakfast and dinner were served buffet-style and it was good, nice presentation , if you happen to be one of the first on line...only then very simple desserts...nothing that I would distinctly remember.....plain squares and jellos.
It was nice to walk around the neighborhood, get more view of the sea and the locals.

Room Tip: Request for a room facing the Sea of Galilee..
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank betchay29
Sderot, HaDarom, Israel
Reviewed October 16, 2011

words can't describe this hotel! it's obvious that there are higher quality hotels with more facilities and whatever, and i have been a guest in such hotels, but there is something magical in this one that will just make you want to come back over and over again!
it feels like home, with all the luxury one can ask for the price,
great sauna and jacuzzi, wonderful all new pool (built last summer) and gym,
very good food that will meet most peoples need and wants with a very rich buffet breakfast, and of course an amazing view to the sea of galilee.
but what really makes it that great is the feeling of home. the way that the staf treats you and the vibe in the air, it's just comfortable and warm.

I arrived with both of my parents and my younger sister for the holiday, we stayed three nights over the weekend and we have no complains.
i can't wait to go back and meet everyone again, we made friends within the working staff and even the owners that treated us like family and made us feel just like home!
i'm happy to discover that such place exists 3 hours driving from my house and i will defenitly go back again soon!

Room Tip: higher floors have all new rooms available with completly new furniture and carpets.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family