“Wonderful all round”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Tiberias
Beaumont, Alberta, Canada
“Wonderful all round”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our tour group, through Bob Jones University, stayed here three nights. It was the nicest hotel we stayed in in Israel. Very good food with wonderful variety. Beds were comfortable and I slept hard each night. The only thing I did not enjoy was that Wi-Fi was not free. Other then that it was a great stay!

Room Tip: We had a room facing a courtyard but I would have preferred a room with a view onto the sea of Galil...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Talbertenator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Raanana
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel is well maintained,but no nicer than several other hotels we have stayed at in Tiberias. Besides being way over priced, the restaurant is not kosher. There are very few hotels in Israel that are not kosher. Check in and check out we're painfully slow. with so many other possibilities in Tiberias, there is no need to settle for this over priced hotel.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank delowe
Ossining, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our tour guide Jacob's dream tours told us we were going to love this hotel and he was right. We stayed in the old Mansion section that was wonderful with a large terrece with the most amazing views. The grounds are lovely with a great pool and spa. The resturant serves an amazing breakfast and although we did not have dinner there we did walk through the wonderful buffet and it looked amazing. We also met an exceptional employee Mark the bartender who was just an amazing guy couldn't do enough for us and always with a smile on his face, what a great guy. We found everyone very helpful and the rooms were wonderful and large.

Room Tip: there are two smaller bulidings with 8 rooms in each over looking the sea ask for them they are wond...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gturco
Ness Ziona, Israel
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Spent 4 days last week with my wife and what a hotel!
Tiberias itself is one of the most boring places in Israel to be in and even my small home town is livelier. The hotel had a programme for each day, keeping us entertained.

The food was excellent. The staff very friendly and attentive.
The room was very good, with all amenities one could want.
The spa and pool well very good as well.

All in all, would definitely return next year!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank yairm
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were very dissapointed at our recent sat at this hotel. The service at the dining room was very bad. My husband had ordered a birthday cake for me. When he reminded the waiter, again and again it took a half hour. Next morning at breakfast a napking was folded with silverwere inside. Opening it we found it to be soiled and so was the knive and fork.

When we woke up on day two, I was horrified to discover that our sheets were soiled with blood and some other bodily fluid. Obviously they had not washed these sheets after the previous use. Totally disgusting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Travelers7870
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Several of us stayed on the 5th floor of the main (David) building, which is one of the "deluxe" floors. All the rooms there are beautiful and spacious, and they're all on the same side of the building, overlooking the water. My room was on one of the ends, so in addition to the beautiful view down to the water, I also had a window on another wall with a view in another direction, and that's a nice bonus. Fridge and water heater included, which I appreciated.

Comfortable and roomy layout, a large enough desk, plenty of spots to put things without them getting in the way, and comfortable chairs for hanging out with friends. It's both a smoothly functional room if you just want to use it is a place to change, sleep, shower, and work, and also an inviting, beautiful, comfortable place to spend time in, on your own or with others.

Speaking of beautiful views from the hotel room... there are also beautiful views from all over the hotel grounds. It's made up of a number of buildings, with gardens and stairs and fountains in between, and from much of the grounds you can see parts of Tiberias, the "sea" (lake), and the far shore.

Service at the hotel is excellent. Hotel employees, including cleaning staff, food preparers and servers, groundskeepers, front desk, all seem to like it there and want you to have a good experience.

Food at the hotel restaurant is like going out to a very good restaurant. Even the breakfast buffet is wonderful, with a very wide variety of cheeses and salads and breads and cakes, and an omelet station.

Pool and spa (including jacuzzi) are very very nice, and outdoors. Unfortunately they close early, so you can't use them in the evening or at night.

P.S.
One problem with the room was that it had only a few open electrical outlets and some of them were controlled by light switches elsewhere in the room, which was not obvious. First, I plugged my laptop in to charge overnight and found out the next morning that the battery was running low because the outlet I plugged it into was operated by a switch I'd turned off. The next day I put the laptop on another outlet, and put my camera battery charger on the switch-controlled outlet. When I returned to my room hours later, I accidentally switched that one off when entering the room. Even though I noticed and switched it right back on, it was now impossible to see whether my battery had fully charged, because the charger thought it was starting a new charge cycle. ... and then that night I found out that outlet was controlled by a switch I *had* to turn off for the night, because it controlled an overhead light and I couldn't sleep with it on, so I had to shuffle various items to charge overnight. Very annoying. I wish all the outlets just stayed on all the time so I wouldn't have to think about it and make mistakes; if an outlet *must* be switch-controlled, I wish it were very clearly and obviously labelled, including which switch controls it.

Smaller problems:
1. Bed was made up of two single beds pushed together, so it had a crack in the middle.
2. Bathroom lights cannot entirely be turned off, though you can close the bathroom door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TripCos
Kyustendil, Bulgaria
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The best parts of this hotel are the amazing views, the gorgeous grounds, the wonderul food, the service/staff, and the location. You won't get any better when it comes to this part of Israel. The parts that need some attention are the rooms. They could do with new decor, and the beds were over firm. We had to get extra comforters to stack on the bed to make it sleepable. Would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone...it is amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business