“Great views”
Review of Royal Plaza Hotel

Royal Plaza Hotel
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This was our first stop on a ten night trip to Israel and Jordan. This was one of those get on the bus in the morning, go all day, come back to the hotel for dinner, go to bed, and do it all again tomorrow. With that said the location of this hotel a little south of town really didn’t matter. If you planned to walk or take a cab places it might. The breakfast and dinner buffets were excellent and we had great service. The highlight of our stay was the great view of the Sea of Galilee. One morning we could even see a snow topped Mt. Herman. My only negative was the shortness of the bed covering, a duvet. I am short, (5’ 6”) but if pulled this up to my neck, my feet were uncovered. I don’t know if other travelers had the same problem and I didn’t complain, because we were so tired each night it didn’t matter. A lot of tours use this hotel and one morning I counted seven tour busses, however on Friday night a family was having a traditional dinner in the dinning room

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Gopherhill

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was part of a pilgrimage group of about 25, which used this hotel for three nights. The service was friendly, efficient, the rooms clean and comfortable, but nothing out of the ordinary. Some had pretty views of the Sea of Galilee. The place has a touristy feel: Most of the guests seemed to be in tour groups. Most of our itinerary was already planned; the reception staff helped a small number of us get a taxi for a separate excursion into Tiberias. On the down side, if one is interested in exploring the town itself, is the location: it's about 2 or 3 miles south of the city, about a 20-25 minute walk along the lake shore. Also, wifi is available only in the lobby, and isn't cheap ($8/30min; $12/2 hours). The best part was the sumptuous breakfast and dinner buffets with a huge selection of choices. If I weren't part of a pilgrimage/ tour group, however, I'd prefer a simpler location closer to town and public transportation.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Gashwin
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My relationship with hotel is unique in my experience. I booked in with our group for 5 nights on 1st November - and ended up spending 18 nights there because my wife was taken suddenly ill, spending 10 days in hospital. I have to say that the Staff were so sensitive to my plight that I was overwhelmed by their kindness at a time of great distress. The girls at reception were wonderful and went out of their way to help me in so many ways while the Dining Room Staff were always keen to provide me with appropriate food for my wife to compensate for the hospital fare. I will never forget their kindness and would be happy to recommend this hotel unreservedly.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank MARGARETMAGOWAN
Reviewed December 23, 2010

We had a spacious corner room with a sitting area and a lovely view of the Sea of Galilee. But others in our group complained about having tiny rooms with barely enough space to move around. Our bed was firm but comfortable. The sheets were not changed in three nights. We could not make the front desk understand that we wanted a top sheet. The room lighting was good. The flatscreen TV faced the beds instead of the sitting area. The shower head was good, but there was some temperature variation while showering. There was adequate counter space in the bathroom. The walls were thin, and we heard everything going on in the hallway and outside. The mini-fridge made a gurgling sound. There was a safe in the room. The breakfast and dinner buffets were good, but we got tired of the same items each day. The dining room can get very crowded.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 4 Joyful Travel
Reviewed November 8, 2010

rooms very kept very clean even if they were a little worn . Food in hotel was excellent great selection only complaint was that the wine waiter was very sullen and getting a wine order was a bit deal he also never had correct change. The staff at reception were not friendly or helpful either however the young man who was serving in the gift shop was lovely charming and helpful and we bought many gifts from him . The hotel is a good bit out from the main town can get taxi back . We did however find it difficult to get someone to serve drinks in the evening at the small bar

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed November 8, 2010

The hotel was very welcoming, food was tasty and plentiful- although the breakfast wasn't the best meal of the day. The location is splendid, right on the shores of the Sea of Galilee and about 15 minutes walk/ five mins in a taxi from Tiberius. The room were newly decorated, clean and comfortable. The staff were sharp and pleasant. After a hectic few days in Jerusalem is was just what was needed. mind you - they did run out of beer on two consecutive nights in the bar!
I would definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Clean and comfortable - no frills, but large rooms. A little bit out of the way from Tiberias - about a 15 - 20 minute walk. Service in the lobby lounge and the pub were terrible - worse than the poor service we were accustomed to in Israel.

• Stayed: September 2010