“Poor Hotel Service but Excellent Location”

Kinar Holiday Village
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The Kinar Classic is a Poor Hotel Service but in Excellent Location, the rooms are low level, morning service room not exist, the food is kosher glatt and also not good. The price is too high to it hotel level.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MiguelNicolaevsky

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Kinar hotel is located next to the Sea of ​​Galilee, soak in greenery all around and can be used as an exit point for tours in the Galilee region and the Golan Heights, the hotel itself is reasonable, meals with strict Kosher but certainly satisfactory. Large rooms suitable for large families or for several partners interested in sharing the room. Most of the rooms have been renovated in the past year but there are still some old rooms. Excellent service and kind staff that is always willing to help.
Particularly suitable orthodox religious families seeking to make a family event on Saturday or for groups that want to stay where strict observance of Shabbat and kosher rulls

Room Tip: Choose the rooms in the main building or have the rooms that recently renovated.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Yifta
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The Kinar Holiday Village is geared towards religious Jews, with a high standard of kashruth and a number of synagogues. My husband and I spent a long week-end here which included a number of cultural events, a tour, and lectures by well-known rabbis during the Sabbath. Everything was organized - from our arrival, check-in, to the tours and meals. The service was quick and friendly throughout our visit, and the food was excellent. We look forward to attending a similar program in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank janetgool
Reviewed August 26, 2011

OK. My first negative review. We went to the Kinar because nothing else was available and some people told us it's okay and it was kosher. We signed up for the room with breakfast. We took 3 rooms. My wife and I, my two son in laws, my two granddaughters and my great niece.
We walked into the main lobby which is right by the entrance to the dining room. What a "balagan" as they say in hebrew. Noisy as anything. This is a family resort so kids galore.
We got registered relatively quickly. The rooms were down one flight. (So you had the lobby/dining room floor, one down and one up. Also disconnected bungalows outside that I cannot rate but was told by some people was newer but not nice rooms - again, I didn't see them). In any event, upon opening the door to the room you are assaulted by a terrible smell. All rooms with the same smell. Carpets were dirty, linen old and stained. Room was quite large. Checked for bed bugs, but didn't find any. Had two beds pushed together and a couch that became a bed. When my son in laws separated the beds they found sunflower seed shells all over the place. great cleaning crew. Good things - had a fridge and a safe. Had a tv but I'm not interested in that. The noise outside the rooms of children was very loud. There were kids skating and biking in the hallways!
The bathroom had a soap dispenser on the wall and one in the shower. The soap was supposed to double as body wash and hair shampoo?? Good thing we brought our own. No soap bars (is that like the no soap radio joke?). The shower had one of those handheld nozzles that is supposed to be able to hang on top, but that was broken. Had to be a contortionist to take a shower without washing down the whole bathroom. The toilet paper was cut sheets of toilet paper. Exactly two bath towels and two hand towels and one bathmat, stained as well. When I got into the shower I nearly slipped and killed myself, it was so slippery. The second day we got replacement towels but no bathmat - maybe we weren't entitled to it.
At night the AC wasn't very high. When I checked the controls, it was set to the coldest.
We went out at night. When we returned we wanted to buy bottles of water, but they couldn't sell us any because the refridgerator is locked at night! No drinks, no nothing! In a hotel where we paid big bucks to get our rooms.
Safety - The door had a lock and key on both sides. No chain or anything else on the inside.
We did not use the pool or beach. We were there for nights and spent the days sightseeing the country - which, by the way, is incredibly beautiful with tons to do and learn - but that's not for this review.
The best thing about the hotel was breakfast. A lot of different items and pretty good. I think they get eggs from different chickens because the eggs didn't taste very good. the coffee machine only filled your cup between a half and three quarters, so by pushing the button a second time it overflows. The second morning we took two cups of coffee each! Little things but annoying.
They made fresh eggs, pancakes, pita, etc.
Cheese cake was horrible.
But overall, the breakfast was the best thing about the hotel.
I had an issue to discuss with the front desk but they only knew hebrew.
Checkout was easy and painless.
My reviews are usually positive, but that's because we seek out hotels highly recommended at this site. This one was a bomb. I gave it two stars because there was a roof over our heads!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Mutty_L
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Room was smely, carpet was dirty. The “beach” of Tiberias Lake has a separate area for men and women. Diner buffet was average.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ponyfabi
Reviewed December 3, 2009

I can't recommend this hotel, because the director of the hotel allows, that the employees catch the alley cats round the hotel.
They put them into a tiny cage and let them there without feed and water, until these poor animals starve.
These are not civilized people there, if they abuse animals.
They can't imagine the suffering of animals, it seems..........it's a pity......

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sabine223
Reviewed March 25, 2008

My family loves spending a Sabbath (Shabbat) here more than about any other hotel place around!

Although this place has an int'l staff and clientele, it definitely targets folks with some understanding of Jewish traditions and Hebrew. The pool & health club are closed for the Sabbath, and Sabbath menus are limited by those restrictions and kosher guidelines. Once you wrap your arms around those kinds of things, the place is great.

The food is abundant, and includes buffet items I've never seen anywhere (cheeses from Switzerland and France; smoked meats from Europe & elsewhere). Israeli items like oil-cured olives, mushroom borekas, and mixed salad plates are all first-rate. I marvel at the shnitzel & my kids still miss the cakes.

The beach is not the world's best this year, largely because Israel's not so friendly neighbors have been diverting the already scarce water from the sources of the Kineret (Sea of Galilee) so that the shoreline is down near the critical "red zone." It's also a public-access beach and not private to the hotel. (By the way, it's one of the few in the country with a full mechitza.)

This is your chance to see genuine orthodox Israelis of all flavors (sfardi, hasidic, litvish, etc) all getting along. Enjoy it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank briut