“Not the nicest city in Israel”
Review of Tiberias

Tiberias
Ranked #11 of 25 things to do in Tiberias
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped and had lunch in Tiberias and to visit a few tombs. The city itself smelled and full of feral cats. The plus side is the view of the Sea of Galilee is stunning no matter where you are in the city. I just didn't care for the city.

All reviews
"ruins"
in 19 reviews
"lakeside"

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We used Tiberius as a base for two and a half days of sightseeing around the Sea of Galilee! We rented a car and was able to drive all the way around the Sea and visited so many historic and interesting sights. We especially enjoyed walking along the Promenade each night. We were there on a Saturday and Sunday night and it was great to watch the city come back to life after Shabbat. We also watched the full "Super" moon rise over the Sea! Breathtaking and something we will never forget!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Tiberias in April, 2013. It has a Tourist Information Centre. The staff is very nice. I didn’t find day trip of Tiberias as you can find in Jerusalem or TelAviv. The city has buses but they are not frequent at tourist places. I drove around the Sea of Galilee by taxi. I will consider rent to a car in my next trip.

1  Thank Regina222
Reviewed June 26, 2013

hot springs....great view from every place.....amazing lake with great history and activities ....lots of hiking trips all around.....beautiful and amazing restaurants at the boardwalk especially "Bazel bar and restaurant" that is located in front of the "Tiberium" water show one of the amazing shows

1  Thank shaiel1