“Not the nicest city in Israel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Private Tour: Nazareth, Tiberias and Sea of Galilee Day Trip from Jerusalem
Ranked #6 of 33 things to do in Tiberias
Plantation, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not the nicest city in Israel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped and had lunch in Tiberias and to visit a few tombs. The city itself smelled and full of feral cats. The plus side is the view of the Sea of Galilee is stunning no matter where you are in the city. I just didn't care for the city.

Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great base for sightseeing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We used Tiberius as a base for two and a half days of sightseeing around the Sea of Galilee! We rented a car and was able to drive all the way around the Sea and visited so many historic and interesting sights. We especially enjoyed walking along the Promenade each night. We were there on a Saturday and Sunday night and it was great to watch the city come back to life after Shabbat. We also watched the full "Super" moon rise over the Sea! Breathtaking and something we will never forget!

Visited June 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Sea of Galillee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I went to Tiberias in April, 2013. It has a Tourist Information Centre. The staff is very nice. I didn’t find day trip of Tiberias as you can find in Jerusalem or TelAviv. The city has buses but they are not frequent at tourist places. I drove around the Sea of Galilee by taxi. I will consider rent to a car in my next trip.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Regina222
Tiberias, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best place to visit....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

hot springs....great view from every place.....amazing lake with great history and activities ....lots of hiking trips all around.....beautiful and amazing restaurants at the boardwalk especially "Bazel bar and restaurant" that is located in front of the "Tiberium" water show one of the amazing shows

Visited June 2013
1 Thank shaiel1
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebrated my birthday there with my friend - a whole day trip from Tel Aviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I liked the views, the warmness of the people, the weather, the spiritual atmosphere and the food. I also appreciated the holy cites there.

Visited July 2012