“Moneywise, good option!”

Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed July 20, 2012

To begin with location, it's great, right on the beach (mind you the public beach is crowded and there are also lots who camp there). The spa service the hotel offers is on another building right on the beach (about 10' walk from the hotel), with rather small pools (or perhaps they feel small, being that they are over-crowded). The tiles etc have seen better days, the kiosk that sells waters, granitas etc is rather overpriced. If you want a massage or some other treatment, get your dictionary with you as the staff at the spa reception strangely enough, speak no English. Our room was huge, we could catch a glimpse of the lake from our 1x1 balcony. The rooms may feel rather tired (mostly the bathroom), as per my photos but I must say the breakfast/dinner area are very clean and very well maintained. Also as far as food goes, they are great!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots to chose from and good quality too. Plus I must speak about the hotel management, who went out of their way to be helpful and leave us with good impressions of the facility. We had some problems with stains on the bed sheets and after complaining, the management immediately changed the sheets and offered fruits and candy in our room. Having said that, we were part of a very big group so perhaps they aimed for continued business. Either way, the management looked genuinely helpful and concerned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is delightful. Located close to the shore of Lake Kinneret it had modern, good size clean rooms, many with balconies and beautiful view of the lake. The two outstanding experiences that we had there were first access to the nearby Hamei Tveria hot springs, and then the most amazing breakfast buffet anywhere. Hamei Tveria hot springs are part of the hotel complex, but to reach them there is a 10-minute walk outside the property along the lake road. Entrance for hotel guests is unlimited and free, which is great since paid entrance costs almost $20 per person. It is possible to use the hot springs for free on the day of checkout, even after checkout. The hot spring water is pumped into two large pools - one outdoors, the other indoors - and either one is wonderful. There is also a large regular swimming pool in the middle of a grass patch near the lake. The hot springs have a history of thousands of years, and across the street there are remains of an amazing 1,600 years-old colorful mosaic floor of an ancient synagogue, with inscriptions in Hebrew.

As for the breakfast buffet, it has to be experienced to be believed. The Rimonim chain is known for its outstanding breakfasts, but this one raises the bar. There is an incredible selection of egg preparations, salads, cheeses, sweets, pastries, yoghurts, breads, coffees, fruit - you name it, they have got it, and then some. A specialty is variety of jams made out of vegetables, such as tomatoes, which are surprisingly delicious. There are also Halva paste (a sweet paste made of sesame seeds) and a palm date paste, both incredible. It is worth it to stay in the hotel, just for the breakfast alone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view; some of the lower floor may have only a view of the garden.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ron B
Reviewed June 29, 2012

In Hotel Rimonim mineral there are two people Eli Eliav and Moriah that the meeting with them changing matter of perception, as well Eli and Moriah get welcome you as if only you are waiting for all those years, now everything is neat and organized everything is excellent, all the rest of the team chefs waiters the reception everyone was waiting just for me and I had excellent really good two weeks ..... thank you all, Israel Feldman

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Building itself was OK, the issue with this hotel is that the staff are rude and treat you as if there presence there is doing you a favour. Main points:
You'd better ask at check in all the info you want: breakfast times and place, shuttle times to hot springs etc as no one will tell you. Check you've been given towel tokens for the pool.
Don't order food in the lobby. You'll wait over an hour and when it finally comes it won't be what you ordered! We ordered two different salads, chips and cheese and pickles. What came was two bowls of tomato and cucumber (no olives, egg plant, haloumi etc), a plate of burnt chips and a plate of cheese with no pickles. When I told the waitress half the ingredients were missing she shrugged her shoulders at me and made no attempt to rectify it.
The hotel has an agreement with one taxi company. They tried to charge us a fortune to get to the other side of Tiberias. The staff there aren't allowed to ring another company so the taxi company charge what they like. Staff aren't bothered about this!

The food at breakfast was nice, the hotel shop is reasonably priced which makes a nice change. It was staff attitude that really ruined the whole experience for me. It wasn't just one or two staff, it was the majority of the staff team there.
For the cost, you can find somewhere nicer that may treat you like a values customer. Enjoy your holidays :)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Based on American standards I can write this review: I booked this hotel as part of our group with Gate1Travel so I didn't have any say on the decition since it was included in the package. I received an upgrade to a suite since we were two adults and a kid in the room so the rooms was bigger. It was very clean. Furniture is outdated but it was compensated with the cleaning of the room. No safe (very bad!) in the room, tiny balcony but beautiful view of the Sea of Galilee.
Excellent breakfast and dinner buffet.
My problem was that our room was directly on top of the front yard and the two nights we stayed in this hotel, there was a Morroccan Festival with EXTREMLY LOUD music from 8PM until 3AM every morning. This made impossible to sleep and my daughter was crying all night long. I called the front desk at least 10 times on the first night and they did NOTHING. They said that the party was not theirs which was B.S. since it was right outside in their garden.
We had to skip our prepaid tour to Golan Heights next morning at 6.30AM cause we needed some sleep (lost $200). After breakfast I went to the front desk and I asked if they would have party my second night too which they confirmed. I asked to be moved to another room, they told me they were sold out and the manager assure me that they music will be very low by 11PM that I didn't believe, of course, but what else could I do. To make the story shorter, I called every 5 minutes to the front desk cursing them out and THEY DIDN'T do anything, they DIDN'T CARE one bit.
The pool? One block away...under a 120 degrees sun. No Thank you...
Wouldn't recommend neither stay there again.

Room Tip: Just luck...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank IngridHA1973
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is well located in front of Galilee Sea with a private beach. They offer a very good breakfast. I recomend the jacuzzi, deep tissue massage and sunset at bar near swimming pool.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Claudio M
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our Gate 1 tour group stayed here for two nights. Our room was in the back wing and we were very disappointed. The room had two single beds pushed together, NO chairs and NO suitcase stand. We called the front desk to complain and they moved us to a much better room. Very spacious lobby and a gift ship, which was unusual.

Room Tip: Don't let them give you a room in the back wing! It's the oldest part of the hotel and the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple