“Poor customer service”

Rimonim Mineral Tiberias
Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Building itself was OK, the issue with this hotel is that the staff are rude and treat you as if there presence there is doing you a favour. Main points:
You'd better ask at check in all the info you want: breakfast times and place, shuttle times to hot springs etc as no one will tell you. Check you've been given towel tokens for the pool.
Don't order food in the lobby. You'll wait over an hour and when it finally comes it won't be what you ordered! We ordered two different salads, chips and cheese and pickles. What came was two bowls of tomato and cucumber (no olives, egg plant, haloumi etc), a plate of burnt chips and a plate of cheese with no pickles. When I told the waitress half the ingredients were missing she shrugged her shoulders at me and made no attempt to rectify it.
The hotel has an agreement with one taxi company. They tried to charge us a fortune to get to the other side of Tiberias. The staff there aren't allowed to ring another company so the taxi company charge what they like. Staff aren't bothered about this!

The food at breakfast was nice, the hotel shop is reasonably priced which makes a nice change. It was staff attitude that really ruined the whole experience for me. It wasn't just one or two staff, it was the majority of the staff team there.
For the cost, you can find somewhere nicer that may treat you like a values customer. Enjoy your holidays :)

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Based on American standards I can write this review: I booked this hotel as part of our group with Gate1Travel so I didn't have any say on the decition since it was included in the package. I received an upgrade to a suite since we were two adults and a kid in the room so the rooms was bigger. It was very clean. Furniture is outdated but it was compensated with the cleaning of the room. No safe (very bad!) in the room, tiny balcony but beautiful view of the Sea of Galilee.
Excellent breakfast and dinner buffet.
My problem was that our room was directly on top of the front yard and the two nights we stayed in this hotel, there was a Morroccan Festival with EXTREMLY LOUD music from 8PM until 3AM every morning. This made impossible to sleep and my daughter was crying all night long. I called the front desk at least 10 times on the first night and they did NOTHING. They said that the party was not theirs which was B.S. since it was right outside in their garden.
We had to skip our prepaid tour to Golan Heights next morning at 6.30AM cause we needed some sleep (lost $200). After breakfast I went to the front desk and I asked if they would have party my second night too which they confirmed. I asked to be moved to another room, they told me they were sold out and the manager assure me that they music will be very low by 11PM that I didn't believe, of course, but what else could I do. To make the story shorter, I called every 5 minutes to the front desk cursing them out and THEY DIDN'T do anything, they DIDN'T CARE one bit.
The pool? One block away...under a 120 degrees sun. No Thank you...
Wouldn't recommend neither stay there again.

Room Tip: Just luck...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank IngridHA1973
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is well located in front of Galilee Sea with a private beach. They offer a very good breakfast. I recomend the jacuzzi, deep tissue massage and sunset at bar near swimming pool.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Claudio M
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our Gate 1 tour group stayed here for two nights. Our room was in the back wing and we were very disappointed. The room had two single beds pushed together, NO chairs and NO suitcase stand. We called the front desk to complain and they moved us to a much better room. Very spacious lobby and a gift ship, which was unusual.

Room Tip: Don't let them give you a room in the back wing! It's the oldest part of the hotel and the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good value for the money. Great breakfast. away from town.
Hotel guests get free access to the natural spa of Tibarias, which is mentioned as far back as the Talmud. Also near the tumb of the rightous sage Rabbe Meir Baal Hannes - a prime locations for making all kinds of requests from the almighty..

Room Tip: if you are coming for more than just a bed at the end of the day,, get the delux rooms facing the la...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed here for two nights as part of Gate 1 tours and found this hotel to be the best of the 3 star hotel that we stayed in Israel. Fabulous breakfast with very good variety of foods. Large lobby area where we played some cards at night. Balcony is too small, it barely holds two people. But I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike l
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I recently spent four days at the Rimonim Mineral Hotel in Tiberias, and unfortunately I was quite disappointed. (Having spent some time a few months ago at another Rimonim Hotel, the Ruth Rimonim in Safed, which was outstanding, I expected, but did not receive, an experience of similar quality in the Rimonim Mineral Tiberias.)

For starters, the service left much to be desired. For example, repeated phone calls to the front desk were simply not answered. At times old towels were taken away and not replaced with new ones, leaving me with no towels at all! (When I tried to find out what had happened, I was told that there weren't enough towels in the hotel, and that only after they laundered the old towels would it be possible to obtain clean, new ones!) Fresh toilet paper was not provided, even after the existing toilet paper was used. And when one of the lights in the room went out, despite several calls to have the light fixed (and assurances that someone would be sent to fix them), no repair was made - in the end I simply gave up on this.

The general quality of the facilities was also quite unsatisfactory. The furniture, both in the room and in various public areas of the hotel, was old and decrepit (it almost seemed to have been purchased at a garage sale!); some of it (again, including furniture in the lobby) was even stained! I might add that the main chair in the room was extremely uncomfortable; apparently the hotel owners really decided to skimp on adequate furniture. There was no tissue box in the bathroom, although there once had been. (There wasn't even hand lotion in the room, the first time I ever saw such a thing in a hotel.) I should stress that the problem wasn't that the facilities weren't fancy or luxurious; they simply weren't nice. Indeed, if I had to summarize my impression of the physical quality of the hotel in a word, I would have to say that it was a dump.

The food (breakfast; I didn't eat other meals in the hotel) was also quite a disappointment. The food was generally quite mediocre, and much to my surprise, didn't seem to change: virtually the same food was served every day I was in the hotel.

One final point should be mentioned: the location of the hotel. The Rimonim Mineral is located right near the Tiberias Hot Springs Complex. This is quite far from the center of town (about a 20-30 min. walk in each direction; bus transportation to and from the center of town is quite infrequent), so visitors who are interested primarily in the attractions of Tiberias proper, rather than the spa facilities, will find these attractions quite inaccessible.

The bottom line: if the main thing that interests you in Tiberias is proximity to the Tiberias Hot Springs complex, of if you are using the hotel solely as a base of departure for trips elsewhere, then the Rimonim Mineral might be a suitable option - provided, of course, that you're interested solely in the location, and not bothered by such things as poor service and dumpy facilities. But if you want to enjoy a pampering vacation with a pleasant atmosphere, this is definitely not the hotel in Tiberias to go to.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo