“Big Little Tiberius”
Review of Little Tiberias

Little Tiberias
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Tiberias
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Little Tiberias is a quality chef-restaurant with a menu featuring gourmet French Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant is located inside a building that forms part of the ancient city wall of Tiberias and that dates back to Roman times. Its special setting, as well as the beautifully planned interior, grant Little Tiberias an exclusive European atmosphere, like a little French Riviera on the shore of the Sea of Galilee.The restaurant is family-owned, and was opened by Rafi, the head of the family and the founder. The whole family are culinary specialists, with generations of acquired knowledge. They are headed by the restaurant's chef, David Oudiz, whose kitchen produces excellent original dishes - starters, appetizers, soups and pastas, and succulent main dishes of fish, meat and seafood. Try our entrecote beef steak (300 g), beef Stroganoff (250 g fillet of beef), shrimp martini (with a sauce of cream, garlic and basil, topped with Parmesan) and a whole range of fine dishes. Our menu features a selection of desserts and many quality wines. As befits a beautifully designed, romantic restaurant in a tourist destination, the clientele of Little Tiberias is very varied - guests are of all ages, foreign and Israeli tourists, couples, and regular clients from the city and the surrounding region who enjoy their dining experience and come back again and again. The atmosphere is relaxed, with a blend of harmonious background music - classical jazz, romantic music, and popular hits. In the 1980s, the building housed a famous pub that was a major leisure attraction in Tiberias and for residents of the region. Later, an Italian restaurant was opened, but in recent years the site was renovated and improved. Some dishes on the menu (like our renowned steak with pepper and cream), remain as before, with all the tradition and know-how that the family accumulated. The restaurant, designed by architect Gadi Shamir, has two wings: the old, authentic wing, with beautiful wood elements of old telephone poles carved in classic style, with wooden wine racks, and a mural painted by the famous Tiberias-born artist - Amos Yaskil. The beautiful new wing is larger, and now offers a bar that's perfect for drinking wine and spirits, and for dining too. You can also sit on the spacious balcony, with its windows offering impressive views. We are happy to cater private events in a separate room.
Temecula, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Little Tiberius”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our first night in Tiberius, we went on a random search for dinner. We happened accross this quaint, romantically lite and inviting place, Little Tiberius. The menu selections were plentiful. The motivation for writing this review: the food and drink were fabulous. I had the olive oil and spaghetti, a wonderful blending of mediteranian flavors and my sister, the La Breack fish...to die for...served whole and with a smile...the fish I mean. Best of all, being a beer lover, the Golan Heights Boutique Beer was painfully delicious, a meal unto itself. The topper: we ate there twice in four days! Unheard of when we travel. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013

1 Thank Howard D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Oceanside, California
“While at the Sea of Galilee”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We ate all over Israel, high end motels small family owned restaurants in alley ways and by far our favorite food was served at Little Tiberius! The La Breack Fish I had in herbs and oil was delicious! The non filtered local beer ordered by my brother was out of the world. I sipped some of his, should have ordered my own, a mistake I will have to now live with. This was the ONLY restaurant we returned to for a second visit; we had to have more!!!!
Service great and friendly, very open to Americans and gracious.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Great Food and Service at Little Tiberias”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family had dinner here recently and really enjoyed this restaurant! The food was great (chicken and fish especially), the service was friendly, and the air conditioning helped us beat the late July heat! I understand from the owner, who apprenticed in several New York restaurants, that this is a family owned and run business. Their dedication shows. Keep it up!

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth a stop in Tiberius”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were at the restaurant on a midweek night were it was not particulary crowded. The food was fine and plentiful. I would suggest splitting a first course.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had spaghetti with baby shrimps, was good but honestly, not excellent as what I usually get in brazil (my country). It cost 75is.
My mom had the special of the day, a fish with baked potato and some other vegetables. Was also very good but not excellent. It cost 84is
I have to say I'm a very exigent person that loves eating. So maybe for u that would be excellent in terms of food and price.

• Visited July 2013