“Exceptionally good value”

Ranked #5 of 22 Tiberias B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exceptionally good value”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night recently. While it is quite run down and doesn't have a huge amount of character, this is made up for by the super friendly owner. He went out of his way to help us when we got a parking ticket (beware in Tiberias!!) and showed us to our room. We had a large room with a kitchen and its own balcony. It was exceptionally good value compared with other places we stayed in Israel. It is good for a night if you are passing through.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

So, I am giving this hotel the maximum rating mainly because of its owner/manager. He was very helpful, provided plenty of free advice and assistance and even gave me free of charge an older style adaptor so I can charge my laptop. Upon leaving he let me keep that adaptor: "You need it more than I do he said with a smile and it's easier for me to get another one." He even advised me about booking a hotel in Jerusalem.
Other positives about this hotel: free parking, free wi-fi, great breakfast including one hot dish cooked to order and plenty of cold choices including pancakes. Sometimes I can't be bothered waking up for the included breakfast but their breakfast is one definitely worth waking up for. The price for the room was also ok.
While the room was definitely an older style room it served me well, it also had a kitchenette and most importantly although old the air conditioner worked well.
So perhaps I am a little generous giving it the maximum rating but once you consider the assistance from the owner/manager and all the positives I mentioned above this is an ok place to lodge at (the lift was working as well).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Appreci8life
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I recently stayed at the Berger Hotel. We arrived late and the person at the front desk appeared to be filling in for an actual employee. He couldn't find our reservation (despite the fact that we called the night before to confirm) so, after calling the owner, he put us into room 215. Room 215 is a dump. Cockroaches, dirty bed linens, an air conditioner that leaked all night, an 'efficiency kitchen' that was comprised of a rusting refrigerator.
The following morning, the owner met us, upgraded us and tried to make our stay more pleasant. The bottom line is that the hotel itself is fairly run down. We stayed at other hotels in that price range, all of which were a better value. The room we ended up in was fine, the bulging paint in the room and the hallways was not. There have to be better places to stay in Tiberias.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fredilev
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I had the displeasure of staying at this hotel (really a motel) in May 2012. It was three days of hell. It was very dirty and had roaches. The bed sheets were not changed they were merely turned over with hair all over the bed and on the floor. Someone please give them a vacuum or a broom and introduce them to a washing machine! The bathtub was rotting inside and out. I encountered roaches that were big enough to have their own room. Do not stay at this hotel. It is not worth the price. I had to toss my suitecase when I returned home for fear of bringing home roaches. They probably also have bed bugs!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. None of the rooms are worth staying in.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Coffeebay7

Travelers are raving about these Tiberias hotels

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were a family of 5 in a 2 bedroom unit with mini kitchen and 1 bathroom. Tiberias is quite expensive (as are most places in Israel) so we booked according to budget. The Berger is OK, I'm glad we didn't pay more to stay elsewhere. It met our needs as it was only an overnight stay and you really don't spend too much time in the room, but having said that it's no hidden gem, more a case of you get what you pay for. Bathrooms are a bit grotty but bearable. Breakfast though was great, lots of choice. There is wifi in reception area but I couldn't get it to work on my laptop, although tech-teenager had it working on his.

It's about a 15min walk down the hill to the lakeside to the main part of Tiberias where you can get dinner/supplies, we caught a taxi bus back up the hill afterwards.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family