“Excellent location”
Review of Bali Hotel

Bali Hotel
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Well located and I like it since it's just next to the edge where I can see the Sea of Galilee and capture the moon and sunrise for 3 conservatives days and night. Just need a bit of upgrading but the foods are ok with variety.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank joanadventure

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel is old and needs a major upgrade and reconditioning. Halls and rooms very shabby. They didn't make the beds for 3 nights while there. In the dining room was limited hot dishes and not that tasty. The one good thing was that they kept my wife's coffee cup full. Breakfasts were poor and not much choice. There was no Wi-Fi in the room. You had to go to the lobby and try to get on. Sometimes 20 minutes to get online. The location was up on a hill and too far to walk downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank cgbutler
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I just spent several nights at the Bali hotel.
Views are minimal.
Far from downtown (not walkable and I'm young and in good shape)
Service was not very good.i was told where I was allowed to sit in the dining room. It was packed and there were available tables and they told me I wasn't allowed to sit there.
My room was reasonably clean and beds comfortable but there was a bad mildew/rot smell in my room.
Finally. I found the kashrut to be questionable. I found what appeared to be cheese at dinner. When I asked to speak to the Mashgiach they told me he will only be in for breakfast. When I asked him. Both he and the manager tried to insist it was margarine. Now I know what the difference between feta and margarine is but they insisted. I said ok I'll give it a second chance (benefit of the doubt) at dinner and have a better look. The next 2 nights,my final nights, it wasn't out. Leading me to believe I was correct and they were lying. In short I would choose other locations in Tiberius next time.
I would not recommend this place

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Daniel972
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have just come back this week after spending three nights in this hotel. It was really dirty had to ask for the shower curtain to be replaced it was so dirty they took it down and never put one back up. Staff so rude food horrible you can only fill up on bread three dollars for a cup of tea. There was a kettle in the room but no cups. Bathroom room was tiny you would not want to be a big person, two showers caps was their touch of class. Towels you could read the newspaper through them.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank warrenmount
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A terrible hotel. First, when we went to the room we found a dirty towel folded and "ready to use".
Second, we saw a huge cockroach in the corridor near our room!!
Third, the whole hotel needs refurbishments. the bathroom is old and defective.
the price is not worthy of this terrible experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cookie135246
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I took a pilgrimage group for 3 nights, following 6 nights at the Star Hotel in Bethlehem where the service was first class. The rooms were lovely, as was the lobby and dining room. We were, however very disappointed in the service...or lack of!!! I was the group leader, organiser, and asked for wake up calls on each of our 3 mornings there, and we didn't get them. I had to ring and tell reception that I had no call, so they could ring the group...late! I came back early on Wednesday so the group could have a swim in the lovely pool, but was told it was closed, ' for chlorination' so we never got into it as it didn't open until 10am and we were out by then. The food in the dining room did not look very appetising, and I didn't really enjoy the meals I had, though some of the group were ok about the food, others said the food was much nicer at the STAR. The beds were made nicely and towels replaced daily, but I don't think there was much vacuuming of carpets as there were bits on the floor which did not get cleaned.I felt that the Star hotel in Bethlehem was a pilgrims hotel, but the Bali is a commercial hotel and not ideal for pilgrims.

Room Tip: I didn't use Spa or room service. My lovely room faced the sea of Galilee, 256/10. I watched the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joanne186284
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spent a family weekend at the hotel. The position of the hotel is unique in the sense that it is out of downtown and on the high point of the slopes facing the sea of Galilee. If you are looking for a quiet place without the noise of any downtown activities this is no doubt a very good place to be.The view is just magnificant. The hotel has been refurbished but the rooms are pretty basic but clean and spacious.Plenty of grounds for kids and families to enjoy. Within walking distance to the beautiful Switzerland Park which is great for a nice walk as well as to enjohy many view points of the sea of Galilee.Service and quality of food was pretty good.

Room Tip: Most rooms on the ground floor have access to the garden. Facing East to the sea provides a lovely v...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family