“Lovely stay”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Tiberias
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We returned to Israel this year because it is our 35th Wedding Anniversary and I had asked my wife if she would like to have a renewal of vows at the Wedding Church in Cana. Lovely priest by the way. The hotel was great, lovely position, lovely food, lovely pool and grounds. /our room was great (210) which places it opposite the pool which was never overly noisy. We would (WILL) return there every year.

Room Tip: We liked the central position because of the view of the Sea of Galilee and 210 is mid-way down the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevinWard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Hebrew first
Hawley, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just came back from Israel after a month long trip. We visited Safed and decided to find accommodations in nearby Tiberias as there were some holy grave sites we wanted to see. I was a bit disappointed with the property as I felt the price was very expensive for the lack of amenities it offered. We paid the equivalent of $260 per night. It is situated in a good location, however it does not have a private beach to swim in the beautiful Kineret. Just a set of steps that lead to a small roped off area. The pool is clean and very nice. You can find a pool that is similar at any decent Holiday Inn in America. The room was very basic and didn't offer an alarm clock on the nightstand which is usually standard in most hotels. The breakfast was very good I have to admit. However, you really feel like you are under interrogation. I was with my two sons and we were approached frequently as to what our room number was. The property overall does not feel warm and welcoming. As an orthodox Jew, I felt as if we didn't belong which is sad because its my country to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elee124065
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel has a wonderful view to the Sea of Galilee. The garden is very beautiful and neatly organized with swings and couches. The pool is clean as well. There's no private sand beach for the hotel, but rather a small corner with stairs, that I preferred not to swim there.
The rooms are clean, breakfast is rich and tasty.
There's no air condition in the corridor between the rooms nor in the lobby.
I went there for one night vacation with friends and it was enjoyable and perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Areen T
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was with a group of people from my church for an eight day stay in Israel that was fantastic from start to finish. The icing on the cake was this hotel. All the rooms overlook the Sea of Galilee and the sunrises and sunsets are fabulous. It was just amazing to wake early in the morning and look at the view. The hotel has beautiful gardens and a good pool area. The room was very clean and comfortable. The only thing I would ask for is another chair on the balcony! There was only one but there were two of us sharing the room. The food, as stated before, was a buffet but I found the hot food to be hot not tepid. Also the food was labelled which helped a lot. The staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lovely position right by the Sea of Galilee.
Large comfortable rooms and a huge buffet selection for meals; only real criticism was 'hot' food was often 'tepid' at best. Salad bar and puddings amazing.
Lots of large groups passing through but there is space here to cope!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent our 14th wedding anniversary at this hotel. We originally had a reservation for 3 nights, but we changed it to 2 nights. There were some problems with this hotel. the first problem was that our room had ants on the desk top. We informed the front desk and they said that they would have housekeeping spray in the morning. Then we went out to dinner. We brought some food back to the room in a bag and a aluminum to go box. Well we went out for awhile and when we returned the ants were all over the outside and inside of our food. So I went to the front desk and asked it they had ant spray so I could kill the ants. He said sure and reached under the counter and hand me a can of bug spray. Which tells me that if they had the bug spray so handy they must have had the problem in the past. But except for the ants the room was nice. Clean bathroom, comfortable beds and great A/C Then when were in the pool we noticed that most of the grout was covered in mold. We didn't smell any chlorine and we wonder if that might be the problem. Don't get me wrong. The water is crystal clear as you can see in the photos, it's just that you would think that if you are paying $200.00 a night that there would be no ants or mold. Now for the good points. The hotel is right on the shore line. The gardens are absolutely beautiful. The sunrises are magnificent! I recommend that if you want a full view of the property and you want to be away from the pool area where there could be a lot of noise and have a good view of the sunrise, request room 347. If you don't mind the pool noises you can request room 322 which will put you right in the middle of the hotel with no trees to block your view of the pool or the sunrise. I can't say how those rooms are on the inside because we stayed in 318. As for if we would stay here again, probably not because of the price. Two hundred dollars is a bit pricy for us. But it was our anniversary and I wanted to bless my wife. Which she was.

Room Tip: Request the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location. Superior rooms facing on to the Sea of Galilee. The spread of food is amazing at dinner and breakfast. Very friendly staff especially a young lady at the desk (she has been there only three months) who is great at making guests welcome! The manager kindly waived the US$ 5 per day charge for our entire group of 28 people for the use of wifi. These small things and personal touches matter. And so we will be back there soon!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends