“Maybe I was expecting too much...”
Review of Ron Beach Hotel

Ron Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Tiberias
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I'm a native Israeli and I don't travel much around the country. But since the vacation of Passover arrived, and I had some time with my kid, I wanted to choose the right hotel for our vacation near the Kineret (Sea of Galilee).
I was very impressed by the reviews in this site, and thought it's the perfect hotel for me: quite, has a private beach, has many facilities, also a tropical garden and a children park, and not too expansive.
We arrived at about 1pm and I was quite hungry. My impression from driving in Tiberias, was that it's not a place I want to spend too much time around: it looked ugly, and somewhat as ruins of a city from than an actual city. So, I asked the receptionist if it's possible to eat lunch in the hotel. She said there is a buffet downstairs. And there, just as we arrived near the pool was my shock of disappointment.
With many kids running around and a tired looking buffet manager, it looked more like we just interrupted a school break. The service was almost invisible and when our invisible and when eventually our french fries and hot dogs arrived they tasted quite awful. The noise and the chaos around weren't what I expected, nor what I craved for after a long drive.
The room itself was o.k. Not small, but not as big as I expected. From the second floor, the view was nice, and it wasn't too close to the pool, although it did feel quite uncomfortable to know everyone can see you easily in the pool, so you have to close the curtains all the time.
I was looking for the beach for about half an our, until I suddenly realize that the pool area is actually the beach... I was looking for the beach because the many warning signs every few meters, not allowing to get into the water of the Kineret. Well, it was quite a shame for me because... THIS WAS EXACTLY MY PLAN! Anyway, my kid had fun in the little kids park.
We had to compromise swimming in the pool, but... The water were FREEZING COLD! My kid had the courage to go inside for few minutes, but it was too much for me. I noticed the loud music coming from the near-by hotel Leonardo, and the constant motor deep sound of the motor ships that constantly sailing from the hotel to other points in the lake and back.
We got back to our room. We had cables, and the shower was clean. The bad was o.k.
As evening broke down, I became more and more aware of the noise from the crowd in the pool area. It was like a party down there, with music and shouts, and a lot of plates, and food, and it was all just under our room, and it was so loud that we can hardly hear the TV and had to switch the volume higher. This was at 9pm.
At about 9:30 I heard the party people talking and deciding they will go to party downtown. I was relieved and could get my kid to sleep eventually. The noise continued until about 10pm and then it got quite and I also got to sleep.
At about 1pm I heard a group of people running and yelling in the corridor, like fans of football match. I got brutally awake from it and could not go back to sleep because... to my astonishment, they sat just under the room, and began a major loud discussion, right into my ear. I could not believe it's really happening. I opened the curtain slightly and looked downside and there I saw it all: the plates were there and a group of about 10 people sat in a circle like it's the middle of the day!
After half an our, as it becomes louder and louder I decided to go to the receptionist, although I felt it's a lost cause, since it was so loud I was sure it disturbed not only me. When I told him he responded right away and went to talk to them. He said to me "Don't worry, I will not tell them it's you complaining". I was relieved, and a little bit optimistic. Well, it got quite for few minutes, but that constant chatting didn't allowed me to sleep. Eventually I fell asleep near dawn I guess, just few minutes before my kid woke up...
Breakfast wasn't nothing special and I had to go to the toilet after it.
All in all, it's a nice hotel, but I just could not figure out why it got so much praise.

Room Tip: Keep away from rooms that has direct view to the pool area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Rodp L
moses1981, Guest Relations Manager at Ron Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were disappointed to hear that your one night stay with us was not according to your expectations.
Most of your criticism results from the people and children noise that interrupted to you during your stay. There is no doubt that your response is subjective based on your own one night experience and not objective that should be based on the hotel quality.

Your vacation with us was during the Passover holiday and yes, your family wasn't the only family at the hotel and likewise, your children weren't the only children at the pool (as opposed to your expectations). Children noise or people talks during the night aren't in the hotel hands and it's hard to prevent that. When we get such complain (which is rare), we immediately take all actions to stop the unreasonable noise as we did when you came to complain to the receptionist during the night and thank you for mentioning that on your review. The hotel has very strict policy in order to provide the most quite, peaceful and enjoyable stay to our guests. We are doing that by several basic rules: no entertainment team, not allowing guests to enter the hotel with food and likewise boats or jet ski which cause noise and water pollution. That strict policy is the major reason that the hotel is popular, especially by tourists and less by local families, but in the nature of things, on holiday, most of Israel hotels are full with local families. We apologize that on that night, few guests refused to sleep and were chatting during the night. Again, we couldn't prevent that and we done our best to stop that unreasonable behavior.
Another issue that you mention is about that warning signs about entering the lake. There are two entrances to the lake with wide stairs that go into the lake, which located at the center of the hotel garden, near the pool area. Beside those two entrances, at the rest of the hotel coast line, there are no stairs into the lake, therefore there are warning signs in order to prevent people from falling or jumping above the fence.

We hope to welcome you again, and trust that your impressions will be more favorable next time.

Regards,
Moshiko Amsalem
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A fabulous location on the shore of the Sea of Galilee looking east towards the Golan Heights. The east shore is undeveloped so the view across the water is almost identical to what Jesus would have seen when he lived and worked in the area. Even if you don't believe that he was the Messiah, it's still quite impressive to think that you're looking at a vista that's remained unchanged for two millennia!

Buffet breakfast and dinner suits large parties well and offered a vast variety of choices so it never got dull. There's an outdoor swimming pool which some braved in February but I didn't take the plunge. If you're not visiting with a tour group, the hotel can help arrange day trips for you.

Tiberias is a short walk from the hotel, where there are shops and cafes to keep you occupied. I visited as part of a heavily itinerised pilgrimage but would definitely return for a relaxed holiday by the sea.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have small courtyards that walk out into the pool area - I imagine this would be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a very comfortable hotel beautifully located on the shore of Galilee. All rooms have views of the lake, though some just have glimpses. There is a pool, but you can just as easily step into the lake from the hotel poolside. To see the sun rise over the lake is not to be missed.

The quality and size of rooms varies enormously, so be sure you're satisfied with the one you're allocated. Some rooms suffer from the noise of early morning (4.00 am ish) rubbish collections which seem to go on for ages.

Standards of cleanliness are satisfactory, and staff are helpful. The food is good.

Drinks can be expensive. It's always best to ensure you go for local spirits unless you want to pay a fortune - and check that they have them before ordering because they won't ask you first!

Tiberias is nothing to get excited about, but this hotel helps to make the place a bit special.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice hotel on the water. We had a decent-sized room and large bathroom. Our breakfast and dinners were included. THey were buffet style with lots of options. Coffee and tea were available for free after dinner in the bar. Although a nice option, the coffee was instant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Ron Beach Hotel although a little tired is a wonderful location to explore the Galilee region. We had rooms on the third floor right in the middle which we found to be excellent although sometimes a little noisy with the groups below in the bar area. Mostly the noise was gone early though and we had great nights sleeping. The food was excellent and service really good. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a good view of the Lake. Even though we were there in January the climate was still moderate with light jackets worn. It is truly a beautiful place.

Room Tip: Third floor - middle section of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is in a stunning location. The hotel itself is spotless and the staff are dedicated to ensuring that nothing is too much trouble. The food is superb and the choice is outstanding. The facilities at the hotel are excellent the hotel gardens are lovely with a great pool and plenty of communal areas and private areas for reflection. We loved it here and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Sea facing to experience the sun rise over the Sea of Galilee!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The sea of Galilee doesn't have too many five star hotel options, but Ron Beach has everything you really need in a hotel.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, the wifi is quite good in all the rooms, there's an amazing view, location is good, the meals are some of the nicest hotel food we had in Israel, and most importantly, the service was really good!
Israeli service is not one to write home about but you could really feel like Ron Beach's staff were trying.
If I come back, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends