“Simply a must if you will be in Tzfat!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
Ranked #8 of 40 Safed B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was just about a year ago that I fell in love with the town of Tzfat. I always knew that I would need to get back. As I was planning my vacation back to Israel for the first time alone, I knew that I had to stay in the heart of Tzfat. I came across the Rappeport Guest House, began e-mailing right away back and forth with Laurie and it was just about perfect from the beginning! Laurie was a tremendous help not only with the booking and staying at her guest house but with a great deal of wonderful and helpful information in general.
Laurie was truly amazing....leading up to my stay at the guest house she was able to help and answer any and all questions I had. When I finally arrived at the guest house, I truly felt at home. Laurie's warm and welcoming attitude made me feel the same at home feelings I had felt when I first fell in love with the town of Tzfat.
Laurie made Shabbat arrangements for me both for Friday night as well as Saturday afternoon. This did not include the impromptu walks that Laurie and I went on that were really just another highlight of my time spent in Tzfat, and at the guest house.

If anyone is looking for a real Tzfat experience with amazing hospitality right in the heart of the old city, this is exactly where you will want to be! I will be sure to return as quickly as possible not only to visit the town, the terrific people I have met, continue my conversations with Laurie or see the dogs, but to once again have the amazing Tzfat experience I have had!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank BDSklar

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Rappaport Guest rooms are a Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court yard. All the amenities of that most travelers look for have been included. I would happily return there for another stay. It is in the old part of Safed where some much history walks around every day. It is no more than 5 minutes from all the places a traveler would like to go. One can easily find oneself being wrapped into the special atmosphere of the Old City of Safed.

Room Tip: A Lovely clean and comfortable place to stay in a very traditional Safed setting - an inner court ya...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

If you want a true taste of how ancient and contemporary Israelis live in Tzfat, The Rappaport Guest House will give you just that, and so much more. My daughter and I stayed for a several days including Shabbat and enjoyed every minute there. The guest house is located in the heart of the ancient city of Tzfat. It is found in what is called, the old city, which consists of a maze of delightful streets lined by the original stone houses. To get there you must walk through the same winding walkways traveled by the ancient sages who wrote the Kabala. It is told they sang out to greet the Sabbath inspired by the magical views of the mountains, so carrying our suitcases up and down a few steps was a small price to pay to retrace their route.

Once there, you enter through a gated stone-walled garden into the first floor private entrance of the guest house. Laurie Rappaport is a kind and caring person who lives in the residence above and is a wealth of information on Tzfat, and will gladly give you pointers on your journey through one of Israel’s most holy and fascinating cities.

The rooms are fairly priced, cozy and clean and give more than adequate space to sleep and bathe, but you will not be spending much time indoors as the vibrancy of Tzfat is literally right outside your door. Once settled, you can relax and enjoy the courtyard area sipping tea or coffee, and then set off on your explorations. You are only seconds from ancient synagogues, museums, and the famous Tzfat artist galleries.

The modern area of Tzfat is just as close, located directly outside the perimeter of the old city. There you will find the local town’s people working, shopping and living the life of contemporary Israelis. As in all of Israel, there are public buses that can transport you, and I recommend using them to see the entire city, but most everything is in comfortable walking distance. Tzfat is also centrally located in the north and offers an excellent point to branch out and make day trips to the surrounding region either by car or the many bus routes accessible by the central bus station in town.

The guest house met all our needs and though it doesn’t serve breakfast, we preferred paying less for the accommodations and visiting the local coffee shops for that meal. One café in which we ate had a priceless panoramic view of the surrounding mountains.

We loved our time in Tzfat and having the Rappaport Guest House as our base was perfect. If we have the good fortune to return to Israel, we will be sure to stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friend and I spent a wonderful couple of days at Laurie’s guesthouse. The guesthouse is conveniently located in the centre of Tzfat, within walking distance of the artists’ quarter. The rooms are clean, spacious and there is a courtyard outside which is perfect for unwinding. I highly enjoyed staying at Laurie’s because I felt like a guest at a local’s home rather than just a traveller in a hostel. Laurie is warm, welcoming and took the time to talk to us about local customs and places of interest. I highly recommend Rappeport guesthouse to anyone planning to visit Tzfat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I first stayed at the Rappeport Guest House last winter and came back specifically to Safed so that I could say hi to Laurie and stay in her guestroom again. It's a small, quiet, private room that's conveniently located in the middle of all of the historic sites as well as near the bus station, restaurants, supermarkets and shops. During my first trip I stayed in Safed but on this second trip I used the guestroom as a base to travel around the Galilee and Golan. We rented a car in Tiberias which made the sightseeing much easier.

We also stayed over Shabbat and were invited to a neighbor's house for Friday night dinner and to Laurie's house for Shabbat lunch which gave us an opportunity to meet other neighbors.

Warm, inviting, comfortable and convenient. Will continue to recommend this out-of-the-way spot to everyone.

Room Tip: Laurie has 2 friendly dogs in her house upstairs and a curious kitten that kept coming downstairs to...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The price was unbelievable! Laurie's guest house was charming and private, absolutely clean, old stone building with walled garden courtyard. We walked everywhere and felt connected with the Tzfat community. A perfect spot to rest and absorb all the spirituality of this mystical mountain village. The mini frig allowed us to create our own special israeli breakfasts and eat them in the courtyard. As everyone else has mentioned, Laurie herself is warm and helpful.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The room was clean, location is fabulous literally footsteps from center of town and laurie is one of the kindest, coolest hostesses i have ever stayed with.

You cannot help feel G-d when in Sfat. Laurie, her friends, her home, her graciousness are what make me know that presence is real. ...even for everyday people like me looking for guidance, collecting sparks.

• Stayed: June 2012