“Reasonably priced, clean and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
Ranked #8 of 37 Safed B&B and Inns
Santa Monica, California
“Reasonably priced, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I first stayed at the Rappeport Guest House last winter and came back specifically to Safed so that I could say hi to Laurie and stay in her guestroom again. It's a small, quiet, private room that's conveniently located in the middle of all of the historic sites as well as near the bus station, restaurants, supermarkets and shops. During my first trip I stayed in Safed but on this second trip I used the guestroom as a base to travel around the Galilee and Golan. We rented a car in Tiberias which made the sightseeing much easier.

We also stayed over Shabbat and were invited to a neighbor's house for Friday night dinner and to Laurie's house for Shabbat lunch which gave us an opportunity to meet other neighbors.

Warm, inviting, comfortable and convenient. Will continue to recommend this out-of-the-way spot to everyone.

Room Tip: Laurie has 2 friendly dogs in her house upstairs and a curious kitten that kept coming downstairs to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The price was unbelievable! Laurie's guest house was charming and private, absolutely clean, old stone building with walled garden courtyard. We walked everywhere and felt connected with the Tzfat community. A perfect spot to rest and absorb all the spirituality of this mystical mountain village. The mini frig allowed us to create our own special israeli breakfasts and eat them in the courtyard. As everyone else has mentioned, Laurie herself is warm and helpful.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The room was clean, location is fabulous literally footsteps from center of town and laurie is one of the kindest, coolest hostesses i have ever stayed with.

You cannot help feel G-d when in Sfat. Laurie, her friends, her home, her graciousness are what make me know that presence is real. ...even for everyday people like me looking for guidance, collecting sparks.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank lisajenkinscolor
St. Louis
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Laurie was a gracious and super well informed hostess. My room was private which I loved, and opened onto a peaceful, enclosed outdoor garden area. Though not always necessary, the air conditioning in my room helped for restful sleeps and naps. The first night I watched one of several sunsets from her deck which was indescribably peaceful. She found places for me to attend services and Friday night shabbat dinner which worked out great for me. She also helped me figure out buses for a side trip farther north. The main room is great for one person or a couple (though if you are a very tall or large couple you might find it tight), and there is a side room with another single bed. The bathroom is a bit tight but worked fine for me. For longer stays you might want a place with a kitchen. I totally recommend Rappeport Guest House for an unforgettable trip to mystical Safed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay in a lovely old building.
Laurie could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
The bathroom is a bit of a tight squeeze but the environment made up for it.
The garden is nice to sit out on and the views from Lauries' verandah are breathtaking.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RBS
Reviewed June 12, 2012

right in the beautiful artist colony, very warm and personable host. nice garden to sit in. two bedrooms and small bath. clean. for 1-2 people it is very good. more than that might feel squished. host is great source of ideas and info.. recommended

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Laurie helped to make our recent stay in Tsfat a memorable weekend. Her accommodations were just as she advertised, two rooms with a very small bathroom. We liked having the extra small room for our luggage, storage etc. Think location, location, location. The rooms are small but comfortable and clean. As a couple, we worked with the space and thoroughly enjoyed being within the artists colony area. Laurie is a grand hostess and full of wonderful information. When my husband fell ill for a brief period, she was so accommodating and helpful. We had an extra treat on Shabbat getting an animated walking tour on our way to a Shabbat dinner arranged by Laurie. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple