“Perfectly located”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safed
Rappeport Guest House
Ranked #7 of 37 Safed B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Perfectly located”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Laurie's place is homely, comfortable and ideally situated. She made me feel welcome, even when I managed to lock myself out of my room!
She is indeed a wealth of information about the area.
I walked with her one evening when she walked her dogs.

I find the location of her guest house ideal. I was travelling alone and felt very safe to walk around at night and to explore. I felt very safe overall in Tzfat, even when I venture down to the graveyard. I can recommend her place to anybody going to Tzfat.

I received bad news from home when I stayed with Laurie. She listened, adviced and even borrowed me her laptop to make arrangements with my family back home.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love it that it is situated within the artist colony and very close to the restaurants and shops.

An amazing experience. I will definitely stay with Laurie on my next trip to Tzfat again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sausalito, CA
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed at Laurie Rappeport's guest house on recent trip to Safed, Israel. Laurie is a wealth of information about Safed (in fact she works at the tourist information bureau), so it's like having a living, breathing Fodor's book or iPhone app at your disposal. She was very welcoming of us into her home. We even met her friends and family. Her two room in-law unit (lower level of her house), with a private entrance and lovely garden area is perfect for a family with a small child or a couple. There is a main room with a doube bed and a second room with a single bed. The bathroom is very small and a little weird in it's set up, in that you have to walk through the shower to get to the sink and toilet. Once you get used to the creative design concept, it's no big deal and actually works amazingly well. The room also has a refrigerator and water pot, and she provides fresh milk for coffee and tea. The parking situation can be difficult on busy nights since it is a very popular tourist area, and is easier if you are traveling lightly, since you have to walk down a long set of stairs on a lane to get to the house. The most important thing to know, is that it's a perfect location. It is walking distance to everything in the old city. We had breakfast at a wonderful cafe Izidora. Also, we bought most of our gifts at this wonderful gallery in the Old City, Tzfat Gallery, 12 Caro Street.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank danielsonkin
philadelphia
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Our stay at the Rappeport Guest House was lovely. Laurie is the consummate host, and made our visit as comfortable as possible. Although the two bedrooms and bathroom were tiny, my husband, two grown children and myself slept well.
The location was right in the Artist's Colony and a stone's throw from everything. Besides her role as guest house proprietor, Laurie works for the Tsfat Tourist Bureau and was a big help with suggestions for sights to see and shopping. For our next trip to Tsfat we will certainly contact her to arrange a stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 7, 2011

What a gem. Nothing fancy, just a clean room with one incredible amenity, Lauri. She arranged for shabbat dinner, hosted a shabbat luncheon, invited us to a community Purumspiel, arranged for a private guide and much more, she became our friend. She knows everyone in Tzfat, and everyone seems to know her.

We spent four nights at the Rappeport House. It was a great way to learn about Tzfat, Galilee, and Israel We can't imagine going to Tzfat and staying any other where else.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy_and_Dennis
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed February 28, 2011

We stayed at this delightful zimmer for over shavuos and wished we could have stayed longer. Our room was cozy, clean and attractive with a small bathroom and a second, smaller bedroom that we used to store our bags. We ate most meals at a table in the quiet garden of this residential neighborhood. The price fit our budget and the ambiance fit our needs. Even better than all that was Laurie's attentiveness to our needs. She worked hard to help us find services for the second day of Shavuous -- not an easy task in a place where just about everyone observes just one day. She helped us find a seudah and a place to study in English at night. She even brought us a piece of cheesecake she had made. As far as I'm concerned, she made her home in Safed our home, too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank savtasue
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed November 23, 2010

A great space just outside of the hustle-and-bustle of the artist's colony in Tzfat (but only a 4 or 5 minute walk to the heart of it). Near restaurants and shops, beautiful views, and interesting historic sites. (Laurie can certainly provide recommendations for some places to wander on your own, and possibly even recommend a guide, if that's your thing.) Laurie was unbelievably helpful, and even let us borrow her iron to tidy up our shabbat clothes, which were a bit wrinkly from three days in backpacks.

The space itself: bedroom with comfy full/queen bed, another small bedroom if necessary, private bathroom and shower. There's a mini-fridge (perfect for storing snacks for shabbat) and the space has its own private entrance.

It was just what we needed to get away and relax for a few days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarimalia
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed November 22, 2010

There are many places to stay in Tzfat, but none are as convenient and cozy as this charming guest house. Located steps away from the main downtown street in the middle of the artists' colony, Lauri Rappeport's comfy inn is the best deal you can find in the Holy City, a clean, comfortable and quiet accommodation that is just perfect. The two air-conditioned rooms offer comfortable beds that can accomodate a small family, and the outside garden offers a perfect place to sit in the sun and read quietly. I have stayed there quite a number of times, using the location as a base for all my travels up north with my children, and I always will.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family