“A charming boutique hotel.”

Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,133 helpful votes
“A charming boutique hotel.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We sampled this newly opened hotel for one night, as we were curious as to how the very first Indigo hotel in Israel would look like.
We were glad we did.
This proved to be a really charming hotel.

Location:
The hotel is located within a walking distance from the diamond stock exchange in Raman Gan.
Calling it "Indigo Tel Aviv" is a bit misleading, as Tel Aviv is a 10-minute taxi ride from the hotel and the hotel is located in a nearby city.
The location of the hotel is excellent if you are here to trade diamonds.
Tourist-wise, the location is far from ideal – the neighborhood where the hotel is located is uglier than ugly (you can see just how much if you look down while on the hotel's rooftop).
While Tel Aviv's major park and some eateries are within a walking distance, the area does not feel tourist-friendly at night.
Parking in the hotel's vicinity is extremely limited during the weekdays, but is adequate during the weekend.
A big pro, however, is that the hotel is as distant as possible from Tel Aviv's noisy and crowded center.

First impression:
The hotel looks absolutely beautiful.
A lot of work has been done to design a modern boutique (yet classic) look, and everything looks beautiful and brand new, with a very distinct dark blue color everywhere.
The lobby has a beautifully designed lounge, with shelves containing dozens of books, board games and other chic items.

Check-in:
We checked-in on Saturday, in the early afternoon. Being IHG Platinum gave us an upgrade (make sure you write the hotel about that prior to arriving).
We received 2 drinks and snacks coupons. Upon reaching the room, we also got a nice bottle of Cava.
We were on a dinner+breakfast+spa package, which proved to be a great deal.

The room:
We've booked a regular room and were upgraded to a Deluxe room on the 5th floor (room 504).
The room was tiny – 27 square meters, but beautifully decorated, with two single beds, an HD TV, a shower and toilet (no bath tub), a coffee machine with 2 capsules, a sink and minibar (do note, this is not a regular fridge, so you cannot put your food/drinks in it).
The beds were very comfortable.
The view from the room consisted of the neighboring building – not a pretty sight (but this is Ramat Gan, after all...).
The room service menu was rather minimal and included only a few dishes. I am not entirely sure one could order hot dishes during the weekend.

Hotel facilities:
The hotel offers a pool on its rooftop (10th floor).
The pool is open until the early afternoon.
The pool itself is tiny, more of a plunge pool, and 10 people being in it at the same time would find it crowded.
However, the view of Tel Aviv's skyline is beautiful (especially around dusk).
Make sure not to look down from the rooftop, as all you'd see are the utterly ugly rooftops of nearby buildings.
There's a nice bar next to the pool and we took our complimentary drinks and snacks over there.
There's also another level to the rooftop, with some more chairs and tables.
The hotel also has a gym, which is apx. 20 square meters in size (tiny).
We then went to take our spa treatment, which was part of our rate.
The spa is located on the first floor and includes five treatment rooms, a dry sauna and changing rooms.
We chose a Swedish massage and a Reflexology treatment (both 1 hour long).
The treatments were absolutely wonderful and the masseurs were both professional and nice.
The atmosphere in the spa was tranquil, with some fruit, juices and tea served after the treatments were over.

Staff:
All the staff in the hotel were very nice and were fluent in English as well.
The staff's smiles appeared really genuine, which is something that can only be achieved in small boutique hotels.

Dinner:
Our rate included a 3-course dinner at the Blackstone restaurant.
The restaurant (located next to the lobby) is also beautifully decorated.
Dinner was absolutely amazing, with dishes catering to both carnivores and vegetarians alike.
Service at the restaurant was very good, as well.
Our fear of a less-than-good food quality due to the restaurant being Kosher disappeared the minute we tried our first dish.
Everything was very tasty and beautifully presented (I'll write a separate review about the restaurant).

Sleep quality:
While there were some construction work being done in the hotel's vicinity, the noise did not reach our room, and with those comfy beds, we slept very well.

Breakfast:
Breakfast, which was also included in our rate, included a tiny buffet and made-to-order eggs, squeezed juices and coffee.
I wouldn't call it a full breakfast, but with the breads, cheeses, eggs and drinks – you will not leave the restaurant feeling hungry, that's for sure.
Again, all the food was beautifully presented.

Bottom line:
This is a truly lovely hotel that is bound to give you a very nice experience.
While it is not a hotel for people who want to be in the center of Tel Aviv, it is perfect for couples/families seeking some peace and quiet from the big city, and of course, to diamond dealers as well.
Add this to a brilliant restaurant and lovely spa – and you get a great boutique experience.
I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank Ms. Dana Harel, the front office manager, for her wonderful assistance before, during and after our stay, Ms. Melody Dagan, the spa manager, for taking such great care of us, and last but certainly not least – Mr. Liroy Ramzi, the restaurant manager, for his lovely hospitality.

Despite the fact I live 5 kilometers from the hotel, I cannot wait to come back. And hopefully, I will.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go for the bigger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheShis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed January 1, 2014

nice room on 7th floor though pretty small (bed, desk, armchair and that s full). nicely decorated and new furniture. bed confortable and bath room very clean and well designed. A bit noisy because of works going on in the area (daytime) and nearby motorway (at night). View from the room is on the motorway and ugly buildings. Difficult to find worse. Asked the reception to change but said all were the same due to the location of the hotel. Breakfast was nice and included pastries fish salads+ the usual basics
But the worst thing is the area. Future to be business district with ongoing works. I found the place very ugly and far from downtown tel aviv. Need a cab to get in and out. Can't walk to anywhere interesting. Our 4 Taxi drivers didn't know the place and had to search for it. Same hotel in central TLV would be a premium. Definitely not worth the money where it is. We had booked for 2 nights but left after the first night to head for a more central location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear D R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Let me offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel.

Again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed in the Indigo for 2 nights including our wedding night. We paid for standard room for 2 nights. At the beginning we were a little dissappointed that free upgrade was not offered to us at the check-in. But from this moment all our experiences were positive.
Pro's: Kind and professional staff, Delicious breakfast (if you like quality over huge selection) since it is in the hotel's restaurant. The deluxe room is new, comfortable, well equipped and feels like a lot of thought was invested in the design and materials. The Spa is nice and small. The rooftop bar and pool are a great attraction, especially in warmer days I guess.
Con's: located in the business center. The parking is difficult. If you order take-away you need to come down to the lobby by yourself. Shipment to room are not allowed (maybe security?). No business lounge in the hotel - if this is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: The rooms are at very high standard. The bed is magical and the shower was the best I tried ever. Ho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I visited Indigo hotel two weeks ago, and it was so lovely.

We loved everything about it. The room was soooo comfortable.

Everything at this hotel screams great quality.

Thank you for Michele from reception, she was amazing, so professional, thoughtful

and super nice.

We will definitely come back soon.

Idith.

Room Tip: We stayed at an upper floor, it was Great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iditc_ocs
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent three nights here recently. Room very small. Shower had a great monsoon head, but beware the shower hose that faces the open door when you step in.

Every night the hotel was blighted by noise from roadworks outside. This was totally outside the influence of the hotel management.

The first night, there was a spluttered and incomprehensible crackle from the speaker in the ceiling of the room. At first I thought this was a fire alarm, but it fizzled out. Approx one hour later it happened again, and fizzled out.

On the third and final morning, there was a full blown fire alarm. No question this time that I needed to get out of the room ASAP. Fortunately I was partially dressed when this happened, so left the room pretty quickly. All the guests (about 10 of us!!) assembled in the main foyer (outnumbered by the staff). No communication at this point. 15 minutes later we were sheepishly advised that this was a false alarm.

Anything other aspect of the hotel is insignificant for me. The above captures a pretty poor stay. One thing I have to add is that poor customer service appears to be uniform in many aspects of my trip on this occasion. This is true at this hotel too. I have no compulsion to return here.

Room Tip: Choose one away form the road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jackthebiscuit010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear jackthebiscuit010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 7, 2013

it is a nice hotel located in the business district of Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv (5-10 min). if you are coming for a weekend stay then it is not the best place to be. for business people it is much more suitable.
the rooms are nice and clean and the stuff is friendly.

Room Tip: take the deluxe rooms and floor as high as you can
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gioraba
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear gioraba,

Thank you for your candid review. It is lovely to read you liked our location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I decide to take some time to write this review. The reason being, had I done so during my stay I would have written a very unsatisfactory one.

Now I'm back home and I want to be fair in my assessment.

This was the first time I stayed in a boutique hotel. Quite a difference from a large 5 star chain in many ways.

Fist off the rooms were well appointed, new and well kept. My room had a modern look.
Small wet bar with sink. Came in handy. Nespreaso machine but pods were never refilled.
I'm a stickler for a clean bathroom. This was. It had a hand held shower wand and overhead rain shower. Engineered floor, which I prefer. More hygienic than carpet. iPod interface radio next to the bed.

It has a rooftop pool, small but sufficient to cool off. There is an outdoor bar as well.

There is a gym, how're it is very small. Two ultra modern treadmills with TV and Internet interface. Made by techno gym.
They had one cable machine sufficient for only one person at a time. A small compliment of dumb bells. They were useless.

The dining area was on the main floor of to the side of reception. When I'm in israelnim used to very large Israeli style buffets. With a whole array of choices as well as special order eggs from the kitchen.

I was surprised the first time I had breakfast there. The buffet table was small and quite limited. As well as the a la carte menus fit on an oversized postcard. I believe there were 4 choices of egg styles. That was the extent of the menu.
Overall the breakfast quality was very good. It just took some getting used to going from grand to cutsie.

There were some hiccups during my stay, but I believe In any new operation the kincks need to be ironed out.

At the very least, I have to say the owners were present and visible almost every time I came and went. As well they tried to be as helpful and apologetic for the mishaps that happened.
Including a very late no charge checkout. Which I did appreciate.

Would I stay there again. Yes.
I would give it another go. Given that by the time I return for business in the new year they will have had time to improve their inefficiencies. I did like the quantness of a smaller hotel.
It was different to what I'm used to.

The are is Ramat Gan. It is still evolving. Presently commercial/ business. Great for me. I rent a car and I can move around easily. You can use a cab as well. Everything is withing 10-15 minutes drive. Beach, restaurants, shops etc.

I hope this has been helpful.

Albert

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Wizeone23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Wizeone23,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your comprehensive review about your stay. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Rimonim Tower Hotel Ramat Gan
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach
Lily & Bloom Boutique Hotel
Royal Beach Hotel Tel Aviv by Isrotel Exclusive Collection

Been to Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District? Share your experiences!