“Looked promising, quite a lot of bling, nothing special”

Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Looked promising, quite a lot of bling, nothing special”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent three nights here recently. Room very small. Shower had a great monsoon head, but beware the shower hose that faces the open door when you step in.

Every night the hotel was blighted by noise from roadworks outside. This was totally outside the influence of the hotel management.

The first night, there was a spluttered and incomprehensible crackle from the speaker in the ceiling of the room. At first I thought this was a fire alarm, but it fizzled out. Approx one hour later it happened again, and fizzled out.

On the third and final morning, there was a full blown fire alarm. No question this time that I needed to get out of the room ASAP. Fortunately I was partially dressed when this happened, so left the room pretty quickly. All the guests (about 10 of us!!) assembled in the main foyer (outnumbered by the staff). No communication at this point. 15 minutes later we were sheepishly advised that this was a false alarm.

Anything other aspect of the hotel is insignificant for me. The above captures a pretty poor stay. One thing I have to add is that poor customer service appears to be uniform in many aspects of my trip on this occasion. This is true at this hotel too. I have no compulsion to return here.

Room Tip: Choose one away form the road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jackthebiscuit010
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear jackthebiscuit010,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv
Reviewed December 7, 2013

it is a nice hotel located in the business district of Ramat Gan, near Tel Aviv (5-10 min). if you are coming for a weekend stay then it is not the best place to be. for business people it is much more suitable.
the rooms are nice and clean and the stuff is friendly.

Room Tip: take the deluxe rooms and floor as high as you can
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gioraba
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear gioraba,

Thank you for your candid review. It is lovely to read you liked our location. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

I decide to take some time to write this review. The reason being, had I done so during my stay I would have written a very unsatisfactory one.

Now I'm back home and I want to be fair in my assessment.

This was the first time I stayed in a boutique hotel. Quite a difference from a large 5 star chain in many ways.

Fist off the rooms were well appointed, new and well kept. My room had a modern look.
Small wet bar with sink. Came in handy. Nespreaso machine but pods were never refilled.
I'm a stickler for a clean bathroom. This was. It had a hand held shower wand and overhead rain shower. Engineered floor, which I prefer. More hygienic than carpet. iPod interface radio next to the bed.

It has a rooftop pool, small but sufficient to cool off. There is an outdoor bar as well.

There is a gym, how're it is very small. Two ultra modern treadmills with TV and Internet interface. Made by techno gym.
They had one cable machine sufficient for only one person at a time. A small compliment of dumb bells. They were useless.

The dining area was on the main floor of to the side of reception. When I'm in israelnim used to very large Israeli style buffets. With a whole array of choices as well as special order eggs from the kitchen.

I was surprised the first time I had breakfast there. The buffet table was small and quite limited. As well as the a la carte menus fit on an oversized postcard. I believe there were 4 choices of egg styles. That was the extent of the menu.
Overall the breakfast quality was very good. It just took some getting used to going from grand to cutsie.

There were some hiccups during my stay, but I believe In any new operation the kincks need to be ironed out.

At the very least, I have to say the owners were present and visible almost every time I came and went. As well they tried to be as helpful and apologetic for the mishaps that happened.
Including a very late no charge checkout. Which I did appreciate.

Would I stay there again. Yes.
I would give it another go. Given that by the time I return for business in the new year they will have had time to improve their inefficiencies. I did like the quantness of a smaller hotel.
It was different to what I'm used to.

The are is Ramat Gan. It is still evolving. Presently commercial/ business. Great for me. I rent a car and I can move around easily. You can use a cab as well. Everything is withing 10-15 minutes drive. Beach, restaurants, shops etc.

I hope this has been helpful.

Albert

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Wizeone23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Wizeone23,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your comprehensive review about your stay. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had had a small family gathering during a weekend at the Indigo hotel. The hotel and its decor is very elegant and the restaurant is amazing!! We had all 3 meals there (dinner, breakfast, and lunch), and greatly enjoyed the delicious food and its great variety. But above all, I would like to commend the hotel staff and management that went out of their way to cater our every need, and did so very graciously.

Room Tip: The deluxe suites are amazing
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
london
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here as my best hotel was full and is part of the same chain.

The hotel is nice and has class, but is in a not very attractive location.

Rooms are tiny, you cannot work in them or open your suitcase. Bathrooms are large and they really have a great shower. The restorant and Bar are GREAT and the hotel is clean, so all in all ok, but not great.

Room Tip: the larger rooms have place for suitcases, but not much else. all in all over priced.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there already twice and was surprised by excellent service and high quality of the interior. Very friendly staff and amazing food. The location is the only short-come. About 10 minutes to Tel Aviv city center by taxi. Please try :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert D
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The good : New Hotel, Friendly staff
Location is in a business center, far from Tel Aviv night life so if you are a night bird this place is a bit boring.
The room is so small that you and your suitcase can not share it...the coffee kettle is under the ridiculously small cupboard and you have to take it out and put it on the 30cm wide table that is under the TV screen that is 1m from the bad....
when I checked in the TV was not working and there was no phone book so I had to go down to the reception to ask to repair it. It took them about 1h to come in and tell me "there is a problem" and 3h more to get it fixed. the Minibar is a strange system: it is packed with drinks and if you take one out you can not put it back but that not the whole story, if you do not report it to the front desk you will be charged automatically by the system! needless to say that there is no instructions or warnings. you can not use it to store your milk or anything else .
Gym is also small.. well I guess the Smurfs will fill at home...
the price (according to the internet) is a bit lower than other IGH hotels in Tel Aviv but way to much for what you get.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the top floors, more quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank udi_ashash
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear udi_ashash,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Carlton Tel Aviv
#25 of 100 in Tel Aviv
Royal Beach Hotel Tel Aviv by Isrotel Exclusive Collection
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach

Been to Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District? Share your experiences!