“I'm happy to recommend this property”

Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here one night for a family celebration and would have loved to stay longer. Our suite was immaculate, well designed and very comfortable with a nice sized terrace off the living room and bedroom. I liked that the spacious closet and drawers were in the bedroom instead of in the hallway as they often are in hotels. The bathroom was large and well fitted with excellent toiletries and to our surprise, there was even an additional small half bathroom. We would have preferred a king or queen bed instead of the two twins pushed together, but that is a minor annoyance. The grounds are lovely and food was excellent. General vibe of the place was a happy one and I'm happy to recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Very nice! Living/kitchen area with separate bedroom with 2 baths! Your choice of shower or tub. Comfortable, relaxing, and we had a beautiful view. Breakfast buffet was delicious!!! Beautiful grounds with lots of amenities!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The Kfar Maccabiah is in the worst location of any hotel I've stayed at in Tel Aviv. There is NOTHING to do anywhere within walking distance of this hotel. If you don't mind staying in your room for the entire trip, then go for it. If you need more nightlife or restaurant choices, go to the Beach.

The rooms at the Maccabiah are the best in any hotel I've stayed at in Israel. The suites are huge and clean. There's a powder room and a full bath. There's even a very large deck outside for you to look out onto the nothing that is nearby. The staff is friendly enough. The breakfast is OK. The business lounge is pretty good though, above average. They have sushi and pasta, breads, beers, coffee, even pizza. It's probably the best business lounge menu I've seen so far. They should be proud of it.

It's really unfortunate that the location is so bad. You're surrounded by a complex that I believe is used for an annual sporting event in Israel. There's a gym on site, although you have to pay each day and walk outside to get to it. The man at the door speaks no English, and doesn't seem to understand what your day pass means. Also, many of the machines were out of order. I had to try 4 different treadmills before I got one that had a working sound system and belt. But it is a large gym, much larger than the average hotel gym, probably because it is also used by the community-at-large.

Also, I warn you to avoid this hotel on the weekend (although ANY hotel in Tel Aviv should be avoided on the weekend). Families crowd into the lobby on Friday evening and take over the hotel. It becomes noisy, rude, and a terrible place to spend your Saturday. Also, they have weddings on the lawn in front of the hotel, which might be fun to crash but I figure I would give myself away the first time I try to speak to the bartender. Instead they're just annoying and loud when you are trying to sleep.

Room Tip: Get a Suite
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had very comfortable room with a balcony overlooking the National Park. It was quiet and the cleaning staff in the hallway did not wake me, as they usually do in most hotels. This enabled me to catch up on lost sleep from jet lag. The desk staff was helpful and courteous, the restaurant served a good meal when leaving the hotel compound for late evening dinners. We rented a car, which made it easy to come and go. I'm not sure how accessible the hotel is to public transportation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Where to stay when you have an early morning flight? This hotel is not at the airport but is convenient to it by highway, and there are no airport hotels.

Our stay was short, and we wish we could have stayed longer because it looks like there are lots of things to do, and the hotel is pleasant. Helpful staff, comfortable room.

There are directions to the hotel on the web site. We wish we had printed them out. The GPS on our rental car misdirected us, and we got lost in Ramat Gan. It can be a big and confusing place. The hotel is convenient to the highway, as we learned later.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I just spent 10 days at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel and Suites in Ramat Gan, Israel. I stayed in a one bedroom suite which had a living room, dining area, bedroom with a king bed, 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies. It was spacious, comforable and well designed and without question, the best hotel I have ever stayed at in Israel. The service was excellent, the staff is gracipus and the food in the hotel dining room and in Champions restaurant was exceptional. The hotel is located in a park-like setting and hotel guests have access to the Country Clubs' pools, tennis courts and fitness center. The Business Lounge is wonderful and is the perfect place to hold a meeting or a enjoy a drink in the evening. It is a wonderful place to stay whether you are traveling alone or with kids. I highly recommend it. Toni W.

Room Tip: Suites are the best. Regular rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor are the largest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Ronitfri, General Manager at Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Tonia,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel and for taking the time to share your
feedback. We are dedicated to provide a high level of service and standards.
I am happy to know that you had a good time and I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and kind compliments.
We look forward to welcome you back in a very near future.

Ari Iny
Hotel manager

Reviewed May 29, 2014

this is the best place in Israel to stay. the staff goe well out of theri way t omake you feel like family. the suites are beautiful. the country club amazing. i would not stay anywhere else. best food anywhere

Room Tip: make sure to stay in new suites
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Hotel Prima Link
Hotel Prima Link
#1 of 1 in Petah Tiqwa
Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District

Been to Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!