“Nice facilities and suites- a bit far from center”

Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice facilities and suites- a bit far from center”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here in August 2013 for one week. The place itself is large with great sports facilities, although the swimming pool was very crowded. We stayed in a suite with lots of space, a balcony and access to the executive lounge and free WiFi, which was a real treat. The room have these weird lights (sprinkler battery?) which won't turn off at night and it drove me nuts.

2 negatives will keep me away from this place - my brother got food poisoning and I also had an upset stomach while staying there. The breakfast buffet, while ample and varied, was a hit-and-miss and I was specifically concerned about dairy products and milk being left out for too long without refrigeration. The kitchen needs to check its sanitation procedures and upgrade them.
The second reason being that the location is a bit far from center - you will certainly need a car to get to Tel Aviv. There is a great park nearby but if you want the beach or the city you are better off somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you are a family with a baby or more than 2 people, choosing a suite is the best option - it was...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at the Kfar Maccabiah for one month for a trip of a lifetime. Lets start off by saying the rooms were incredible, clean and spacious. The breakfast was beyond beliefs, the variety of foods from fruits to cereal to the salad bar was superb. The staff was always there to make sure all your needs were satisfied. They also have two wonderful restaurants in the hotel- a milk and meat restaurant. Lets not talk about the quality of the food. "It was finger liking good" . The Kfar also has the most amazing country club connected to the hotel-"a child's wonderland" and a blessing for parents. I have travelled a lot and have been in a lot of great hotels but the one thing that I really appreciated was the kindness and the warmth of the staff. The receptionists were always helpful and would greet you every morning.
I love to see a staff that is happy and in a good mood. I think that Ari Iny the hotel and suite manager has done a great job choosing his employees and motivating his staff to work in a great environment. I have personally met Ari Iny a few times during my stay and I really appreciated how he took the time to get to know me and my son. We want to thank Ari for the wonderful service he has provided us throughout our stay.This has really been the trip of a lifetime. If anyone decides to come to Israel, there is nowhere else to go but to the Kfar Maccabiah- you will not be disappointed that I promise you. See you again next year Ari; thank you to you and your wonderful staff.
For the Montrealers- Tamar Romano and Guila Luck

Room Tip: All the suites are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Holon, Israel
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we stay at this hotel 2 times in a year , and we always book for the next holiday.
The suites are very big, nice, clean. the terraca is also big.
The house keeping serve us fast, and always bring to the room every extra thing we need, soon as we call them. The bathrooms are very nice, clean and big.there extra w.c. in most of the suites we stayed.
The food is first liege and service in the dining room is also vey good.
The pool is great, and realy the hotel is super for family (2+2) and for buisness people as well.

Room Tip: all the suites are nice
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at Kfar Maccabiah for 18 nights on business during the summer and it was a superb base. Internet in the room was excellent but otherwise, the rooms were very basic, which was the only downside, albeit improved by having a balcony. The sports facilities and especially the swimming pools on the complex were exceptional and fantastic food was available three times each day. The staff on arrival were unrelentingly helpful apart from the bar, which had stringent and unchangeable opening times and unfriendly staff - the opposite of the reception. Excellent positioning with the national (Leurmit) park nearby, which is really beautiful.

Bay Area, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed a suite at the new wing over a weekend. The room is very comfortable with a large bathroom/shower, good size living room, a comfortable living room. The breakfast was great - lots of options and healthy foods (typical Israeli breakfast).

The real benefit of the hotel is the fact it's within the Kfar Macabia complex which includes many sporting activities including multiple swimming pools, tennis courts, fitness center, etc.. As I swim for excersize this was a big plus.

The location is fine as you're close to the highway but you do need a rental car. It's not like staying in tel-aviv where you can get around by walking, bus or taxi.

The other benefit is the price is reasonable. Hotels on the tel-aviv beachfront were nearly 3x the price of Kfar Maccabiah. That's too big a difference.

I'd recommend this place for couples or families.

Room Tip: Stay in the new wing
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is not easy to find although it's just 10 minutes drive away from downtown Tel Aviv. It is really like a resort - with complete gym facilities and pool. I was there because I have a convention to attend - so yes, there is ample space for a few hundred people convention. The room is of good size - 2 super single beds placed together - and space for my yoga mat. :) . Space for my mat means I will be practicing yoga = the floor will be under greater scrutiny by me :). I actually thought this room was pretty clean - 4 out of 5 on first impression. Until I was planking, lowering myself to the carpeted floors, and see lotsa dirt. I have stayed in carpeted rooms that were spick and span , even behind furniture (i do move furniture around to make space for yoga) - this is not one of them. I believe all 4 stars should have clean carpets. They need to pull up their socks in that section. Other then that - the bed sheets and bathrooms looked clean. They have a huge balcony which is great for long stays. Breakfast: good spread - not humble - they have an egg station for hot breakie.

Haifa
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been here just for the weekend (Friday night) and the hotel is above expectations. We got a suite at the new wing. The room is large and well equipped. The children got their own beds in the living room. The food is awesome and the service always with a smile. Overall we are very satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013
Hotel Prima Link
Hotel Prima Link
#1 of 1 in Petah Tiqwa
Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District

Been to Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!