“Island Suites Redux”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Netanya
Jerusalem, Israel
“Island Suites Redux”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

since my first review, I have been back to the Island Suites Hotel twice. Last December 2012 and this December 2013. Both years have been very good but this year it was a little less welcoming. Upon arrival, I asked to use the business lounge for a very important Skype meeting that I was going to have with 3 other people. the immediate reaction of the man at the front desk (Roi) was a flat out "no", without even discussing it with me. He said because I would disturb others using the lounge. I said, "If i am going to disturb someone, I will stop". He reluctantly shrugged his shoulders. As it turned out, I didn't have the meeting, but it was not such a great way to start my anniversary getaway.
The rest of the trip was okay, the hotel is still pretty clean and the breakfast is good. One thing that is sorely missing is a decent blanket on the king size bed. It was a flimsy little sheet like thing and wasn't big enough. When two people were under it, it didn't even cover us. There were no other blankets in the closet (and it was cold ). The heat worked though.

Room Tip: the rooms ending in 03 have the best views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea C, Manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,
We really appreciate that you took the time to write down your experience, thank you.
We usually do our utmost efforts to accommodate every need and desire of our guests; We have noted your inputs and will implement them. We are looking forward to host you again in your next visit in Netanya - (in your next visit please contact me directly andrea@islandsuites.co.il)

Andrea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Hebrew first
jerusalem
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were hesitant to revisit Island Suites in Netanya, especially during the same season we visited last year with very negative results.However, we did.
We were so pleasantly surprised . The hotel change management. It was obvious from the moment we entered to lobby. Every member of the staff was courteous and did their utmost to serve us.
As an example, since we always ask to see our designated room prior to check-in, we were taken to a room which only had a partial view of the beach. We asked if we can change rooms, and immediately they arranged for the perfect room.
The hotel rooms are spacious, clean, well furnished. The view is extraordinary, sunset waives on the clean beach, promenade, etc.
We stayed for two days - our vacation limit. Looking forward for another getaway real soon.
One small problem we encountered. The hotel has two dining rooms. First day was in basement.Quite large and enough room for all to dine, and ample space for displaying all the sumptuous food. However, the hotel on the second morning, catered an outside Brit. We, the hotel guests. had to dine on the main floor, where the facility is cramped and not conducive to dine leisurely unless in warm weather seasons where there is a exit to a veranda with a most picturesque panorama of pool and beachside.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floors can be noisy from the ocean winds. But view is breathtaking. I would therefo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate you took your time and post a new review for our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward to host you again.

Andrea Chame Moshe - Operation Manager
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lovely place. Decor very modern, but not sure if off white lounge furniture is the best choice for rooms that are used constantly! However, it looks lovely!

very spacious- we had 3 adults in our apartment and 2 adults and 4 small children in the other. Nice and quiet and the 2 apartments were near enough to each other that the kids could run between apartments!

Very luxurious with 3 Tvs!

Ample kitchen with microwave, oven and hob.
Perfect for families, especially those with young children.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Andrea C, Manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review. We really appreciate that you took the time to write down your experience.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to host you again in your next visit to Netanya.

Netanya, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed December 4, 2013

DO really enjoy walking on this great broadwalk viewing on the sea, full with people and kids laughter, there's some special atmosphere out there - pleasant and comfortable, and at the same time funny and loudy. You can choose either to watch calmly the sun goes down , or spend time in some cafe with music playing and nice food. On weekends (in summer actually) sometimes you can listen to live music, singers, dancers ...

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Masik2002
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your lovely review and your amazing photographs.
Looking foward to host you again in the future.

california
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for a night, and unless I knew it was clean, am not sure I would stay again. Our suite was huge- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and had nice, modern decor. The first bedroom had 2 twin beds and the other had a king with an en suite. The bathroom adjacent to the living room was small and the shower was disgusting. It had mold all over the shower walls- yuck! The mini kitchen was a nice feature but it looked like it hadn't been wiped down in quite a while- there were noticeable fingerprints and smudges all over the place. The tile flooring was sandy- I felt the need to wear shoes in the room. The master bedroom was tidy except for the hair strands on the comforter and the sandy sheets! The deck was a great feature and the view from the balcony was lovely (although we were only on the 6th floor). Our lounge chairs were dirty as well.The pool was rather small and the water was freezing!

In order to get down to the beach, it was quite a walk from the hotel. The dinner we had in the hotel was fine, and the breakfast was just ok. The room was small and crowded.

My friend asked for a hair dryer and used it, and it proceeded to catch on fire! They promptly brought another one.

Overall, the location is great, the views are fantastic, but it needs some cleaning.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank nan831
Andrea C, Manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013

Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Like many people before have stated, the view is excellent, the suites are big, and the balconies are really great. I would add that sleeping with the door open, listening to the ocean is amazing. The staff was fine, not rude just .... there to help if needed. Ok why this is not a 5: cleaning staff. So I saw this in a couple areas 1) towels were worn and dirty. I received 2 new towels every day but they were not 'fresh and clean' they were dinghy. 2) the bathroom floors were never cleaned. On the first day I had dropped some toothpaste on the floor (don't ask) and I wiped it up but, on the tile floor, it was still there and a bit sticky. I was there for a week and it was still there then I left. I stepped on the spot on the morning i was leaving and i could still feel it. 3) the breakfast area is on the patio next to the pool - nice, food was fine but the dishes and silverware were....dirty - plain and simple. There was food still stuck on them, lipstick on the coffee cups, really pretty yicky. Would I return yes, do they need to talk to the staff most definitely; maybe I'll bring some plasticware :)

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Omni99

Peoria, IL
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This very new hotel is perched right on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea. The entire suite is decorated in black, white and glass. My single room consisted of a kitchenette, dining area, and living room combination, full size bedroom, full bath, three-quarter bath, and a balcony with a view of the Sea. Opulent is an understatement for this hotel. Marble floors, white leather couches, spa-quality bathroom fixtures, and cloudlike beds and bedding make a night at this location absolutely ethereal. I was on a group tour of Israel, so I do not have information regarding rates, but I would say that almost any price would be appropriate for the quality of the rooms and the location. We ate in the hotel's restaurant with impeccable service and food. I had the lamb kabobs for appetizer, and broiled salmon for entrée. Everything was delicious and served in the manner of the very best chef. Upon our arrival, the staff was at the door waiting to help us unload luggage, and glasses of fresh, cold fruit drinks were waiting in the lobby. There is a beautiful pool surrounding the sea-side of the building, but it was raining the next morning so we were unable to use it. The space between the beach and the building is filled with beautiful plants and landscaping and paved walkways that wind down the beach.

Room Tip: Be certain to get a seaside room so you can have the superior view of the water.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Senior_student_10
Dear Guest,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to host you again in your next visit in Netanya.