“my second visit and i was not disapointed”

Island Suites Hotel
Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Netanya
Reviewed April 29, 2013

we stayed one night had a fantatic room on the 13th floor sea view extra large rooms all for $180
two barhrooms fridge cooker top and microwave kettle and an abundance of coffe tea and sugar
two exra large tvs I could go on
very good value if 4 share the room
I bookrd thru booking .com they were the cheapest
two little complaints
no face cloths provided and the balcony could do with a daily anti bug spray
breakfasr ok swimming pool small but ok
highly recommended

Room Tip: get the highest floor no flys or bugs
1  Thank topola42

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been given a room at the 18th floor from which the view was quite amazing as it felt like the entire Mediterranean poured under my legs. The suites are well equipped with a 37"-42" TV on each room. Among the Hi-Tech kitchen amenities one can find an oven, a microwave and a huge fridge. But that's pretty much all I can say about Island. The Friday night and Saturday morning meals were bad. The dining room is located in an underground floor (-2) so there are no windows. The swimming pool was dirty and took time to clean-up (only at around 11:30AM on Saturday). Also - I would expect the architects to find a solution to the heavy north-west winds coming at the pool, taking almost everything with them including chairs, tables and peoples belongings.
Overall I would say that my family made my Island experience look great, not as much as the hotel did.

Room Tip: Choose a high-floor room with a sea-view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barak P
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Many people had high hopes for this venture, as Netanya needed a decent hotel. Sadly, this is not to be at the Island Suites. Yet again, a cold welcome, messed-up booking-in when they eventually found the booking, and almost total disinterest from the staff. Our room keys stopped working, our internet stopped working, our room was not made up or serviced all day - even by 7.00pm. The room safe, despite requests, was never unlocked. Poor basement setting for a breakfast which was stale by Sunday morning. And yet the Island Suites prices are so expensive and are on a level with excellent Tel Aviv hotels! Strange then, that some people give excellent reviews. Stranger still that so many that give their review, do so as their only one or at least one of very few .... We stayed a short time and cancelled seven nights. This seems to be a cold, contract-serviced apartment residence, good rooms - yes. Service, warmth or interest - no. Fortuitously, the new Ramada hotel is so close. Avoid the Island Suites and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Keep away from the prevailing winds especially from the west. Terrible noise and resonances all nigh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonR
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and modern hotel. Without hesitation the best hotel in Natanya.
We were upgraded to a duplex room in the 26 floor and these kind of rooms are simply amazing. Huge balcony with one of the best view I've ever seen.
In the room you have all the needed facilities for a great vacation.
Highly recommended , the only con is that the restaurant is located on the -2 floor, it's a shame that we cannot appreciate the view when eating

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I just returned from two wonderful days in the Island Suites, Netanya. This was our 3rd visit to Netanya and 2nd time at the Suites. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and plan to return for another stay in May. Great room, service and most of all VIEWS of the sea and quiet. An added treat is the Asian restaurant that just opened on the walkway under the hotel. Great food, and open late. Highly recommend the island Suites, Netanya.

Room Tip: Have both one and two bedroom suites. All have sea views.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went with my husband and baby for a well needed one night break. we planned to just stay and relax and enjoy the wonderful hotel. However when we came down to go to the pool, the door to the outside was locked and the pool was closed they said till next week. I was v upset as all I wanted to do was sit and relax in the pool all day. Then we went to the kids play room which I had seen advertised on their website but alas that was closed aswell! I asked the receptionist if there was anyway they could open the pool the next day as it was not mentioned on their website that it was closed but she said no. The next morning I expressed my disappointment again and she told me " we are opening it up tomorrow" I am so angry as I could have easily arranged to visit wed/ thu instead of tue/wed had I known. I feel it is wrong to advertise hotel facilities on the website if they are closed. I had also spoken to reservations before I booked the hotel and they never mentioned that the pool was closed. This could have been a perfect stay as the staff and room were pleasant, but I feel cheated as I had to relax in my room all day instead of outside in the pool. Perhaps the management could offer a 2nd night free as compensation for this waste if I book another vacation to enjoy the pool.

1  Thank rosalyn613
gal_tamir, Director of Sales at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Hello Rosalyn,

We usually do our utmost efforts to accommodate every need and desire of our guests and we are deeply sorry for the disappointment you experienced; However, I would like to point out that our swimming pool is seasonal, since it is an outdoor pool with no hitting. It is clearly described as such on our website.
But, since Israel is a warm country and we can catch good days of sun even out of season, whenever the weather allows it we operate the pool, even on out- of-season days.
Regardless, we do not want you to stay with that bad filling and we would like to help out with that much needed break; We have sent you an offer via private message. Please look into it and contact us.

Kindest regards,
Gal

Reviewed April 9, 2013

i was in island hotel in netanya for the weekend....
i have to say the staff was excellent even at 3 am when we ask for ice and more...
the room are clean and very rich feeling
and dont start talking about the view...
dont miss it...

Room Tip: view to the ocean...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple