“disappointed”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Netanya
ny
“disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here only one night and were quite disapponited. Everything is relativley new, but the staff's attitude already needs a sprucing up. They treated us as if they were doing US a favor by allowing us to stay in THEIR hotel. For example, when we did not get our daily paper, their comment was " oh well. I guess we don't have enough.". They did not apologze or even offer an alternative. The "included in price" beakfast room is in a windowless basement dining room, instead of overlooking the sea. The staff were 45 minutes late in setting up the food, delayng our breakfast and our looked forward to departure. Then the staff pretty much disappeared on a smoking break and had to be hunted down to secure a cup of dark strong coffee.

The hotel is relatively new, only been open about 1 1/2 years. Hopefully they can get their act together soon, otherwise the tall narrow buidling overlooking the sea will never full up with happy guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pinny1818
gal_tamir, Marketing and sales manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Pinny,

We do apologize for the un-courteous service you experienced and we thank you for the feedback. Be sure we are making all the efforts to better our service, so all of our guests will feel most welcome and well served, it is very important to us.
We do hope you will give us a chance to show you we can do better

Gal Tamir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Hebrew first
jerusalem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I want to share with everyone two impressions of our stay at Island Suites Netanya.
1) High floors are not always the best. Our first night at the hotel, there was heavy rain and gusty winds. The noise was harrowing - even earplugs did not help. WE couldn't sleep the entire night. At breakfast we met a number of couples who had high floors . The building was shaking.
The management showed no sympathy.
2) I took a terrible spill in the shower, cracking my head against the back of the tub.My wife wanted to take me to the emergency ward at the local hospital,
The following morning when relating the event to the desk, I urged them to avail guests with rubber or plastic mats. I told them that one of the reviewers had written about his episode and the refusal of the hotel to supply mats. The clerks response was that she will pass this over to management. By check out, she told me they willl place this issue on their agenda - meeting that afternoon.
A few days later my travel agent spoke to them and they responded that they are no negligent, and will compensate me with offering a free dinner at my next stay.
I responded they are lucky that nothing serious happened ( I have an appointment with my physician today). And I never consider returning to their hotel .I truly am not going to recommend Island to friend and family.

Room Tip: Do not expect from management to be caring and sympathetic. Anticipate " what you see is what y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank c b
gal_tamir, Marketing and Sales manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear C B,
We are sorry that this is the experience you had at Island suite hotel, it is most unfortunate and we would like you to contact us directly so we will be able to work things through and hopefully you will give us another chance to host you,

Gal Tamir

Travelers are raving about these Netanya hotels

Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed on a business trip for one week. Check in was efficient and the room was nice and large, a small suite. Separate lounge area and bedroom with a large balcony overlooking the Med. Only complain about the room was the wardrobe door, with this pen access to the bathroom was restricted.

Breakfast varied from acceptable to terrible. On one occasion was a large group staying which made accessing the limited buffet difficult. Opening times were late for a business hotel.

There was no restaurants in the hotel, but in the same building (effectively the beach level) was a dairy restaurant. This was OK but got a bit limited after 2 or 3 visits. No other restaurants near by.

I would not want to stay at this hotel again for more than a few nights at a time,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John_from_Stafford
Dear John,

Thank you for your feedback, it is nice to know you enjoyed our spacious and elegant suites and we did take to our attention your feedback. I am glad to tell you that our chef added few pampering items to the breakfast.
Regarding the restaurants on Island promenade, there is the Italian restaurant, as you mentioned, and also an Asian restaurant. We have special arrangement for our guests at both of them. Also there is a new Gourmet Pizza place and an ice cream parlor along with a convenience store , which cooperate with us and our guests can call and order goods, which will be delivered to their suite.
We constantly work to improve our service and service we offer,
We do hope to host you again,

Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Spent a weekend here with the family.

Pros:
- The location is excellent, right next to the promenade.
- We had a suite with two bedrooms, a living room and a smal kitchen. Quite a treat for a family of 4. The room was amazing, very high standard.
- The view from the room at the 16th floor was breathtaking - simply amazing.

Cons:
- The food is average. The hotel restaurant is located at the basement, and does not present a very pleasant atmosphere. The food (both breakfast and dinner) was no more than average. A bit disappointing for a hotel of this caliber.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TalMizrahi
gal_tamir, Marketing and sales manager at Island Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Tal,
Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed our high-standard suites,
and would like to explain about the dining hall, we have one small dining hall overlooking the pool and the Mediterranean Sea. This dining hall is good for most of the week, but on weekends and high-holidays we have to use the large dining hall downstairs. We are making few design changes so it will have a more of a romantic atmosphere.
We also upgraded our meals with few gourmet dishes added to our Breakfast and Dinner.
We trust these changes will improve our guest experience.
Looking forward to host you again,

Kindest regards and a Happy New Year,
Gal
Holon, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed for the weekend at the Island Suites hotel and it was wonderful! we were surprised to find a gorgeous huge duplex with huge balcony from which you see nothing but sea! Having much experience with hotels in Israel (mostly in Eilat and Tiberias), the suite we got was of a very high standard – new, well designed and very clean- which made it well worthy of the price we paid.
Friday dinner was one of the best we had, comparing to other Israeli hotels and the walk in new promenade of Netania after it, was the grand finale.
All and all, we had a very good time in the Island hotel and we can only strongly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anita S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I usually stay in one of the big Hotels in Tel Aviv and find myself spending most of my time driving to our headquarters in Raanana - stuck in traffic.
This time my company choose a Hotel closer to the offices - in Netanya.
I was expecting a small B&B - but to my surprise I checked in to something that looks and feels more like a luxury resort rather than a business Hotel!
Huge rooms, beautiful sea view and again surprised to find all business facilities: free WiFi, business centre, conference rooms and only a 10 minute drive from the office.
Next time I am bringing my family - they can actually enjoy a real holiday at the Island suites while I am working .....(the hotel even has a kids club)

Room Tip: High floor - you wake up and can see the sea from your bed - like floating on a water mattress
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed over Sukkoth holiday at this hotel. The rooms are nice with a gorgeous sized porch and view of the Mediterranean Sea. Everything about the hotel was exactly what we expected and more.
We arrived early and while our rooms were being prepared we were generously offered welcome refreshments and towels to the Pool, so we could start our Holidays right away! The kids were off to the Kids club and we basically didnt see them for the rest of the day> Between the kids entertainemnt and the Pool they were in "kids heaven">
The dining room, eventhough located in the basement, it has a modern upscale design. Furthermore, the food was very good and a lot of choices. We thought that the Kids corner for all meals was especially thoughtful.
The rooms!!!!!!!! They are huuuuuuge, perfect for a family with kids, they have their own room and bathroom, a big terasse overlooking the sea (almost nicer than our apartment)
I must say, this is for sure the best value for moeny you can get when travelling with kids.

Room Tip: High floor 2 bedrooms! A must! Best view in the world
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family