“Magical athmosphere and really nice staff!”

Fauzi Azar Inn by Abraham Hostels
Ranked #1 of 15 Nazareth B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Magical athmosphere and really nice staff!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Magic begins when you wander trough the nice little streets of the old town of Nazareth to get to the Fauzi Inn. Once you enter you feel like in an oasis. It´s just such a cosy nice place with so much athmospere! The building is very old and you can almost feel like the walls want to tell you their stories. In our dorm the ceiling was painted and I couldnt stop myself from just looking at it! I loved the breakfast, too. They had everything you could wish for!
But the most amazing thing about this hostel is the staff! We didnt really have to look into our guide for Nazarath because we were getting the best information from from the Fauzi people and they helped us out a lot. They are actually even sending me my camera charger I left there all the way to germany!

Thank You so much for the hospitality! This is the best Hostel we had on our Trip through Israel!

If you ever happen to be in Nazareth you should definetly stay here! And make a reservation in advance because its often fully booked!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Fauzi Azar inn for two nights and I am really glad I did as staying here really enhanced my Nazareth experience. Initially, I thought it would be a nice, atmospheric place to stay, I'd wander round the churches and old city and that'd be it but by the end of my stay I felt I'd been shown something much more.

The inn itself is a bit difficult to find (especially if you come by car as it takes a bit of working out where to park), but it's worth the stagger through the confusing streets. The locals will happily point you in the right direction and you pick up the signs eventually.

The welcome is warm, although in January the inn isn't particularly. An old Arab mansion, it's pretty draughty so if the weather is cold it's difficult to get warm. I bet it's lovely and cool the rest of the year though and the building really is something with it's high ceilings and large windows. Breakfast is a feast with lots to choose from and the free cake is delicious.

The free tour is really worth it as you get to hear about the Azar family and how their mansion became an inn. You then get to meet the locals on the tour around the souk, which was really great. You get to see modern Nazarene carpenters and young entrepreneurs at work and learn how gradually the market in the old city is coming back to life after years of neglect. Linda, the guide, knows everyone and will introduce you to them so that when you are later wondering around on your own people remember you and you end up stopping for a chat and maybe a coffee. I was still in shy-solo-traveller mode when I got to Nazareth and hadn't quite chilled out enough to be confident in walking straight into market shops and talking to people but Linda's tour took some of the awkwardness away for me so that I was waltzing around the next morning, saying hello, walking in and looking for my souvenirs or just having a chat. It's really interesting, not to mention heartening, to see how everyone is working to rejuvenate the old city. It's worth a trip to Nazareth just for this experience and opportunity to meet the locals and to stay Fauzi Azar.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Cork
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Very impressed with this hostel - beautiful, peaceful and very friendly staff. Comfortable dorm and good facilities. Amazing breakfast! The hostel has a generally lovely vibe - very chilled out so really enjoyed it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Springmaus
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Fauzi azar is a sympathetically renovated Arab mansion in the old city of Nazareth which has led to the revival of the old city. It's comfortable, tasty breakfast and offers a free informative walking tour which includes visits to working businesses such as a spice merchant, coffee grinder etc. Interesting historical commentary from the granddaughter of the house owner. I really recommend this accommodation even though it won't be the cheapest available in Nazareth.

Room Tip: The website booking won't accept more than 2 people for a family room you need to book on the we...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I loved staying at the Fauzi Azar Inn.

The mansion is pretty impressive, I was wondering about all those stories and people that have lived here before. Each room is unique and looks different. i had a beautiful arch room on a split level floor and I couldnt be happier. Loved my room. So cozy and comfortable. Everything was spotless clean.

They also offered day trips, I did one tour to the Sea of Galilee and it was fantastic!
The staff was very friendly and there was every day free cake! Homemade delicious cake.

Obviously the breakfast was the best, I mean absolutely THE BEST! I'm still dreaming of it. The place is perfectly located in the old town of Nazareth, it's easy to get around.

Do I recommend this hotel?
Absolutely, it was a delight staying there.
Photos attached.

Room Tip: Check several rooms, each room is unique.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Amman
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've stayed here 4 times, on either end of hiking the "Jesus Trail" twice. I've loved it every time. Such Arab charm and hospitality, great breakfast, great location, and great story behind the Inn. I'd definitely recommend to anyone going to Nazareth and would have a hard time staying elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our most favorite hostel we stayed in in Israel! The setting is so peaceful with running water and neat archways and such. It's a bit hard to find as it's tucked away on a small alley. The breakfast was included at was AMAZING- a huge buffet with delicious food. We stayed here the night before beginning our "Jesus Trail" trek and appreciated that they had info on the Jesus Trail as well. We would definitely come back here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple